Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Brian Bendis No Longer Exclusive At DC Comics

Probably not as big a deal as the headline suggests. He's still doing Justice League and Naomi season two.

I remember reading around the time DiDio got fired that DC wasn't bothering with exclusive contracts anymore.
I wish he wasn't doing Justice League. That book has been mediocre for a while now and I don't expect Bendis' version to change things.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
As someone who has not enjoyed Aaron's run on Avengers all that much I am not nearly as excited for this book as I want to be especially considering it's going to feature The Squadron Supreme who I really like.

Also I get wanting to do a mach-up of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver but who was the genius who decided she needed to be in Pietro's original green costume color scheme?
He could get away with being called Quicksilver while dressed like a leprechaun because his hair was silver and he was quick...how do you explain Wanda's being called Silver Witch while being dressed like she is? That has annoyed me ever since I read the synopsis of this event.
I originally thought they were combining Scarlet Witch with The Enchantress which made her look make sense.
She used to wear green in her original appearance

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
She used to wear green in her original appearance
In their first two appearances she and Quicksilver's costumes on the covers were colored incorrectly but in the actual books she was in her red suit and Quicksilver was in his OG green suit.

XMvvAlc.jpg

sX6mwUO.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Hey brehs....what happened to the Hyperion who joined the Avengers during Hickman’s Avengers run?

One of those characters they made "Too Powerful To Write", is my guess. Had his own series for a while (he was a trucker, I think?), then then got injured towards the end of Secret Empire

Nothing's been done with his since

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hey brehs....what happened to the Hyperion who joined the Avengers during Hickman’s Avengers run?

One of those characters they made "Too Powerful To Write", is my guess. Had his own series for a while (he was a trucker, I think?), then then got injured towards the end of Secret Empire

Nothing's been done with his since

I assumed he was The Hyperion that is in the Squadron Supreme that Aaron introduced in his Avengers run. Aren't they the same crew from that short-lived Squadron book that pulled together all the different versions of Squadron members from universes that had been destroyed?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I assumed he was The Hyperion that is in the Squadron Supreme that Aaron introduced in his Avengers run. Aren't they the same crew from that short-lived Squadron book that pulled together all the different versions of Squadron members from universes that had been destroyed?

nah, I think those are versions created by/for Mephisto.

y0mZm1i_d_xLXp_NxQglmlmnEC0NYxrx3svyq6--CV7MIsJZhn4D3VFHF85p_hd65Dh5cVdbATUo4kNROBZOvP6ou9MY5R5y15za4Jjon3g5Aemm-YfDprBZ5BV4SmSDdIL-CGzUfw=s1600

NO need to program them to be who they are.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
nah, I think those are versions created by/for Mephisto.

y0mZm1i_d_xLXp_NxQglmlmnEC0NYxrx3svyq6--CV7MIsJZhn4D3VFHF85p_hd65Dh5cVdbATUo4kNROBZOvP6ou9MY5R5y15za4Jjon3g5Aemm-YfDprBZ5BV4SmSDdIL-CGzUfw=s1600

NO need to program them to be who they are.
I completely forgot about that scene in the comics.

Them not being the real Squadron just brainwashed or magic spelled (that type of thing is a trope for the Squadron Supreme because they stay getting mind-controlled) makes them far less interesting.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I completely forgot about that scene in the comics.

Them not being the real Squadron just brainwashed or magic spelled (that type of thing is a trope for the Squadron Supreme because they stay getting mind-controlled) makes them far less interesting.

yeah. Aaron's run quickly became a low stakes game with all face cards.