Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel released images of their Black History Month variant covers by Brazilian artist Ernanda Souza:

a60FFde.jpg

Z0L9twW.jpg

8T5xrQ9.jpg

e80ZSTn.jpg

OEFfUq3.jpg

f59yrRL.jpg

e4sliCG.jpg

Looking at these it just struck me how quick Marvel was to bush Luke Cage once Bendis left the company.

Also that Storm cover looks like crap.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A Super-Sons mini-series by Peter Tomasi and a new Robin ongoing and are coming from DC in April.

ROBIN #1
xYduc0Q.jpg

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art and cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
Wraparound variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
Team card stock variant cover by ANDY KUBERT (minimum order 250 copies)
1:25 variant cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
ON SALE 4/27/21
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US
After learning of the deadly League of Lazarus tournament, Damian Wayne has a new mission: winning the tournament and prove he is the greatest fighter in the DC Universe! But first he must find the secret island where it's all going down! This brand-new solo Robin series will force Damian Wayne to find his own path away from both sides of his family! New mysteries! New supporting cast! First appearances of new characters! And lots of fights!

CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER SONS #1
SzvKr42.jpg

Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by MAX RAYNOR
Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
Variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
ON SALE 4/13/21
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 7 | FC | DC
The boys are back! Picking up where the sensational Adventures of the Super Sons left off, the sons of Batman and Superman are back in the spotlight and ready to give evil a good spanking. But are Robin and Superboy in over their heads this time? A mysterious woman from beyond time has appeared to the DCU's favorite sons, and her arrival heralds certain doom (that's a hint, everyone) of things to come! In fact...it seems she's sent the boys on a bogus journey that they've already...returned from? Huh? What did the boys learn when they were whisked away? Why on earth do they have to save the Flash from instant death? Tune in for the first chapter in the most epic odyssey Robin and Superboy have ever been on!

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
What is Rachel up to in X-Men?

:unimpressed:

Been wanting to come back and read some X-books but they're always on some bull.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What is Rachel up to in X-Men?

:unimpressed:

Been wanting to come back and read some X-books but they're always on some bull.

Rachel shows up in a lot of the X-Books as the Summers are members of basically every team and one of the most featured mutants in the main X-Men title (that is basically a bunch of one shots that build to different stuff). She's a part of X-Factor and is heavily featured there.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Picked up these omnis for about $110 total:

Annihilation
Daredevil Vol. 1 (original run)

Also copped Doomsday Clock. Was disappointed in the way they printed the trade. It’s not glossy paper, but the thicker paper material.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
"Welcome to a world where Tony Stark never built an Iron Man armor. Where Thor is a hard-drinking atheist who despises hammers. Where Wakanda is dismissed as a myth. And where Captain America was never found in the ice, because there were no Avengers to find him. Instead this world has always been protected by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the Squadron Supreme of America. And now the Squadron face an attack from some of their fiercest enemies, like Dr. Juggernaut, the Black Skull, the Silver Witch and Thanos with his Infinity Rings. Blade is the one man alive who seems to remember that the entire world has somehow been… reborn. And so begins his search for the cause behind this ominous shift in reality."
heroesreborn_triptych.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps

they could have put a little effort into making power princess not look like a literal dark wonder woman

im kina curious why they are making a bigger issue with this event than they have with the other aaron avengers stuff. its not like it all culminated to this. and having thanos in the mix makes me think this is some type of battleworlds esque story

Brian Bendis No Longer Exclusive At DC Comics

Probably not as big a deal as the headline suggests. He's still doing Justice League and Naomi season two.

I remember reading around the time DiDio got fired that DC wasn't bothering with exclusive contracts anymore.

i hope marvel doesnt take his ass back. theyre still recovering from his shytty storytelling

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
As someone who has not enjoyed Aaron's run on Avengers all that much I am not nearly as excited for this book as I want to be especially considering it's going to feature The Squadron Supreme who I really like.

Also I get wanting to do a mach-up of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver but who was the genius who decided she needed to be in Pietro's original green costume color scheme?
He could get away with being called Quicksilver while dressed like a leprechaun because his hair was silver and he was quick...how do you explain Wanda's being called Silver Witch while being dressed like she is? That has annoyed me ever since I read the synopsis of this event.
I originally thought they were combining Scarlet Witch with The Enchantress which made her look make sense.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Picked up these omnis for about $110 total:

Annihilation
Daredevil Vol. 1 (original run)

Also copped Doomsday Clock. Was disappointed in the way they printed the trade. It’s not glossy paper, but the thicker paper material.
How much was the Annihilation? I have the individual issues and a couple trades but I want to have it all in one place for future re-reads.