Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Maybe John Ridley was the swift punch in the face that the comic book medium needed.
I am really enjoying how he's deconstructing the DCU with a lens that doesn't shy away from race and the problematic depictions of black characters in "less progressive" times.

I would love to see how he would handle Marvel in the 70s especially Luke Cage.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Marvel won't even stop for 2-3 months. :mjlol:

As soon as King in Black is over they're going right into Heroes Reborn.
There's just no real build up to these events... and most of these events impacts goes away asap.

I know they need to boost numbers.. but events should probably just be every 3 years now
These companies have like multiple events going on back to back, sometimes even at the same time. DC had Metal going on and Endless Winter at the same time and now going into Future State. Marvel last year had Empyre and Swords of X or whatever going on at the same time. None of these events have any long term ramifications. :what:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
As someone who has not enjoyed Aaron's run on Avengers all that much I am not nearly as excited for this book as I want to be especially considering it's going to feature The Squadron Supreme who I really like.

Also I get wanting to do a mach-up of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver but who was the genius who decided she needed to be in Pietro's original green costume color scheme?
He could get away with being called Quicksilver while dressed like a leprechaun because his hair was silver and he was quick...how do you explain Wanda's being called Silver Witch while being dressed like she is? That has annoyed me ever since I read the synopsis of this event.
I originally thought they were combining Scarlet Witch with The Enchantress which made her look make sense.
Nothing about this makes sense..... it looks cheap

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
X-Men Vote | Elections | Krakoa | Marvel

I wonder if fans will just troll them and vote for someone like Marrow :heh:
I voted for Armor.

Looks like Polaris is going to win this.
2tcydlbib5e61.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
These companies have like multiple events going on back to back, sometimes even at the same time. DC had Metal going on and Endless Winter at the same time and now going into Future State. Marvel last year had Empyre and Swords of X or whatever going on at the same time. None of these events have any long term ramifications. :what:

X of Swords was mutant exclusive and worked within the current titles, like Avengers No Surrender in 2018. I wouldn't put those two in the mix of the rest of Marvel's events :hubie:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I feel like King in Black has been built up well its all been spun out of Cates Venom and the other Cates titles (Silver Surfer BLACK, Thor, Guardians, Thanos Wins). It's really been set up like War of the Realms which I liked a lot too because it spun out of Aarons run on Thor.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I feel like King in Black has been built up well its all been spun out of Cates Venom and the other Cates titles (Silver Surfer BLACK, Thor, Guardians, Thanos Wins). It's really been set up like War of the Realms which I liked a lot too because it spun out of Aarons run on Thor.
The only problem with that is what if you aren't a Venom fan and have not been reading that comic? Suddenly Venom is all over the entire line at Marvel and now books that have had no connection to Venom at all are all about this event.
It was the same with War of the Realms except I was reading Thor so it wasn't quite as jarring an intrusion into my regular collecting like King in Black has been.