Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That issue of New Mutants where the cartel clapped up Beak and his family was all sorts of messed up! Smh

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Chip is back writing some Spidey :blessed:

They bringing back What If with this one.
What If Peter Parker Became Venom

Peter Parker once put on an alien suit that nearly destroyed his life – but what if he’d never taken it off? Ignoring every warning, Spidey embraces the dark symbiote! Haunted by terrible nightmares and exhausted by an endless barrage of bad guys, Peter can’t seem to catch a break these days. So when the Hobgoblin attacks, he finds a hero at the end of his rope… and vulnerable to new dark impulses. Spider-Man is about to change his rules – but is it truly Peter who is in charge?
@MartyMcFly this is the same author that gave us Life Story and doing amazing stuff with Daredevil:ohlawd:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Chip is back writing some Spidey :blessed:

They bringing back What If with this one.

@MartyMcFly this is the same author that gave us Life Story and doing amazing stuff with Daredevil:ohlawd:

Haven't there already been a bunch of what-if's about that tho :skip:

well whatever I enjoyed Life.. so I'm down

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
yU63mBj.png

Tom Taylor with a not-so-subtle shot at Republicans. :russ:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
King In Black 3 was pretty good. Stegman draws a pretty dope Thor.
I liked seeing Dylan Wolverine and Spidey run out and take out some of the Knullified Avengers. Silver Surfer Black back with mljonir like in Thanos Wins :wow:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I get Cates is doing a ton of shyt for Marvel as it is but with King in Black being the big event he's been building for years and him leaving Venom, I wonder what he has in store or if he's finally taking it easy for a while :heh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I get Cates is doing a ton of shyt for Marvel as it is but with King in Black being the big event he's been building for years and him leaving Venom, I wonder what he has in store or if he's finally taking it easy for a while :heh:
He's still writing Thor. Also, he's writing Crossover at Image and in the third issue he brought back his own indie superhero team The Paybacks so I think he's going to keep that one up for a bit.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Late pass because I don't read comics super often but just got done Sam Wilson's Captain America.

I'm torn because while they did a good job of incorporating it into his overall storyline, it's a self fulfilling prophecy; If you keep telling the readers he's not Captain America, then they will start to believe you. They set this character up for failure from the beginning. :snoop:

It wasn't a bad read, good actually even though a little heavy handed on politics, but it bothered me how short a run this was, mostly because of how they wrote it. There's been other characters that replaced major iconic characters before and they had much longer runs than this.