Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Hey, I'm looking for a comic. It was an X-Men title. I think it was Astonishing, but maybe not. It was a really good one shot type issue within the series about a kid whose mutant powers awoke, but his power was simply everyone around him died. So wolverine was sent in to take care of him. Just a really good and memorable book, and I just wanna see it again. Maybe Xforce. Dunno

I liked that Issue

Wish they didn't kill him off

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
USA Today has the scoop on DC's upcoming Trinity War:
This summer, DC Comics' signature supergroups enter into a combustible situation when a hero's death causes sparks to fly — and not in a good way — among the three teams in the crossover event "Trinity War," which runs six issues over three different Justice League comic books in July and August.

The central mystery, conflicts between the teams and assorted plot points of “Trinity War” are all part of one big impending danger that is approaching the DC Universe, says Johns.

“It’s not going to end wrapped up in a bow,” he says. “Something really, really major happens that kicks off some pretty crazy stuff at the end of August.”

I wonder who dies to kick this storyline off?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dammit, I hate crossovers with other comics. Just make a compilation mini-series!

I got no problem with them as long as they're done well.

Problem is they never do them well anymore.

The past decade only saw 3 well done crossovers by the big two. Sinestro Corps War, Annihilation, and Messiah CompleX.

Everything else has been a clusterfukk.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got no problem with them as long as they're done well.

Problem is they never do them well anymore.

The past decade only saw 3 well done crossovers by the big two. Sinestro Corps War, Annihilation, and Messiah CompleX.

Everything else has been a clusterfukk.

Geoff Johns masterminded that one and he is in charge of this one. He might pull out a good story.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Geoff Johns masterminded that one and he is in charge of this one. He might pull out a good story.

Plus it is self-contained to the three Justice League titles so there aren't goiing to be a million tie-in issues floating around.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great mentions on the Green Lantern events

What's the thought on Fearless Defenders so far?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Okay. It's now just fukking stupid how much the rest of the x-men hate on Scott for something he did while under the influence of the Pheonix. I'm fukking done with it. It's fukking stupid that no one will simply be like, "Uhh...guys, the Phoenix DOES do some messed up shyt to you. He kinda DID jump start the return of mutants. Actually...fukk you guys. I'm going with them."