Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Somehow Hellions has been my favorite X book so far. I didn't give af about any of these characters before but it's fun seeing them interact with each other.

it's funny, right. X-Factor is the feel good family vibes book. Meanwhile, Hellions is the totally dysfunctional family vibes book

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
GotG: wow. :wow:

and while Im here, fukk this King in Black event. I'm sick and fukking tired of storylines going off the rails cause everybody fighting one enemy.

so every book you read, it's EXACTLY THE SAME as the last book.

I been sick of this shyt since WorldBreaker Hulk dangled Imposter Black Bolt out the ship while EVERY BOOK had someone watching and saying "he's stronger and madder than ever before!!!! :sadcam:"

"tell 'em why you mad, son! :umad:"
There was a time when new villains were smart or cunning. Now they're just randomly generated cosmic/abstract god entities that come to devour everything and nothing can stop them. Grant Morrison was straight on point shytting on those stories in his Green Lantern book. :russ:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh you gonna hate the next batch of books then :mjlol: prepare for unfiltered ":gucci:" fukkery.

But I think the final 3 will leave you like ":ehh: cool story".

Yeah I finished it last night, and I'd say this is accurate.

The tournament part gets cartoonishly stupid with the dance contests, drinking contests, and foot races, and it really undermines all the stakes they spent the first half of the story building up, especially with Arakko running up the score. I get that it was supposed to be rigged against Krakoa, but you already know they're going to do something silly like they did with Gorgon tying it up single-handedly. Plus for as high as the stakes were about death, the few characters that do die on both sides do so in the most anticlimactic ways possible, with the exception of maybe Betsy.

But the final battle was pretty cool, so I'll give it that. :ehh:

I'm more interested in the fallout from this event more than the event itself. I know a few have already started coming out, but I haven't read any yet.

I'm really excited for what comes out of Hellions, New Mutants, Cable and X-Men in particular.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah I finished it last night, and I'd say this is accurate.

The tournament part gets cartoonishly stupid with the dance contests, drinking contests, and foot races, and it really undermines all the stakes they spent the first half of the story building up, especially with Arakko running up the score. I get that it was supposed to be rigged against Krakoa, but you already know they're going to do something silly like they did with Gorgon tying it up single-handedly. Plus for as high as the stakes were about death, the few characters that do die on both sides do so in the most anticlimactic ways possible, with the exception of maybe Betsy.

But the final battle was pretty cool, so I'll give it that. :ehh:

I'm more interested in the fallout from this event more than the event itself. I know a few have already started coming out, but I haven't read any yet.

I'm really excited for what comes out of Hellions, New Mutants, Cable and X-Men in particular.

Read S.W.O.R.D. #1 breh :banderas:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I know it's "in character" so to speak, just saying he gets heel heat from me :pacspit:

It's why we been begging for him to go back to Avengers.

even if he's gonna be seen as a Sambo at this point. That's an interesting story in itself.

Beast gets shyt done away from Krakoa, they see him as the third along with Wanda and Pietro.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There was a time when new villains were smart or cunning. Now they're just randomly generated cosmic/abstract god entities that come to devour everything and nothing can stop them. Grant Morrison was straight on point shytting on those stories in his Green Lantern book. :russ:
I just re-read the Avengers: Under Siege story and we just don't get stories like that anymore. Zemo just outsmarted The Avengers and then outmuscled them with his Masters of Evil team. That was it. A smart ass villain finessed The Avengers and almost destroyed them because he's a smart ass villain who's primary goal is to fukk over Captain America and everything Cap holds dear.
Give me more that type of story.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There's a book for every taste in the HickmanXverse :blessed:
The Moira book is still coming..Exodus should be a monthly too. Jean Grey been pretty quiet during this story too...

But something is definitely up with Wanda..they keep going to it and the A+ characters that's bringing her up at this juncture.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Moira book is still coming..Exodus should be a monthly too. Jean Grey been pretty quiet during this story too...

The Moira book has been held up and Hickman didn't really hint to much of anything. Seems either plans changed or the writer he had in mind is doing other stuff.

He did confirm Jean will lead the X-Men with Cyclops, not sure if it will be a new book or the main X-Men title will be the team "super hero book" in 2021.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Moira book has been held up and Hickman didn't really hint to much of anything. Seems either plans changed or the writer he had in mind is doing other stuff.

He did confirm Jean will lead the X-Men with Cyclops, not sure if it will be a new book or the main X-Men title will be the team "super hero book" in 2021.
They always position a spot for Scott but Jean only returned shortly. She needs to be a mainstay in the flow of things. Maybe keeping a close eye on Sinister behind everyone's back..shes a goodie two shoe character but she would never, ever trust him.