Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
:blessed:
Best read of the week for me was Immortal Hulk #41.

Ewing writes the hell out of The Hulk interacting with The thing.
Pretty emotional issue man and the king in black tie in was as well.
I love that they just had a honest one to one conversation. Great character development and it’s good to see them rely on Ben Grimm past history.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Night Thrasher and Rage need a reboot

It's like marvel just completely dropped the whole thing with Night Thrasher doing Earth Level behind the scenes work with Blue Marvel and Jimmy Woo.

edit: hell, now that I think about it, they definitely dropped the whole "event" they were building up to with them, The Eternity Mask and The Enclave.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, at some point we're gonna need that Hulk & Thing team-up book.:ehh:

Tomasi back to shyt on Bendis' dumb-ass decision to age up Jon with a new Super Sons book. :blessed:

If you dropped The Batman's Grave early you won. The final issue is by far the laziest thing Ellis has ever written. :camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, at some point we're gonna need that Hulk & Thing team-up book.:ehh:

Tomasi back to shyt on Bendis' dumb-ass decision to age up Jon with a new Super Sons book. :blessed:

If you dropped The Batman's Grave early you won. The final issue is by far the laziest thing Ellis has ever written. :camby:
They are going to de-age Jon? That is probably the worst thing Bendis did on Superman and all just because he had a boner for Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes. Not like there weren't multiple Superboys in the multiverse he could've used without fukking up the Jon Kent character.

And I dropped The Batman's Grave after the first issue. It just did nothing for me.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bendis posted this to his Instagram last night:

And DC just tweeted this about an hour ago:

Looks Bendis is gonna be writing Justice League and the team is going to be:

Batman
Superman
Hippolyta
Black Adam
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Naomi
Aquaman
Hawkwoman

Epc4RbYUUAMOQjL

On a related note, Philip Kennedy Johnson is taking over both Superman and Action Comics. :ehh:

I still haven't read The Last God yet (I'm very interested in it, but I'm so far behind I'll probably just wait for the hardcover), but that'll be interesting. Was hoping Fraction would get at least one of them tho. I know they didn't just bring him in just for the Jimmy Olsen book. Maybe he didn't want to be DC exclusive?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They are going to de-age Jon? That is probably the worst thing Bendis did on Superman and all just because he had a boner for Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes. Not like there weren't multiple Superboys in the multiverse he could've used without fukking up the Jon Kent character.
Nah, it's another story taking place before Jon's space departure and aging, but it's the second time Tomasi is stretching the continuity about how much time Damian and Jon spent together before that event took place and he's not even trying to make the passage of time match up anymore.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Champions run is literally everything wrong with comics today. :snoop: shyt is stale AF, and it doesn't help that it's following up on a storyline nobody cared about, and it got delayed for months due to the pandemic.

I bought the first two issues because of Simone Di Meo on art, but if it improves I'll just read the rest of Marvel Unlimited.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First time I'm interested in Nightwing in a very long time.

DC March 2021 solicitations and covers revealed including Infinite Frontier | GamesRadar+

To be honest looking at these solicitations, this is the most excited I've been in DC as a whole in a while. Obviously the last couple of years have been such a mess with Doomsday Clock delays and DiDio getting fired, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of these solicitations:

Chip Zdarsky on the Batman anthology
Swamp Thing maxi series (even though it's not about Alec Holland)
Teen Titans Academy with Rafa Sandoval on art, who's been bouncing around from book to book since Hal & Pals ended
Philip Kennedy Johnson on both Superman books
Both of my two favorite artists right now on both major Batman books (Jorge Jimenez and Dan Mora on Batman and Tec, respectively) :banderas:
More Wally focus in Flash
Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo on Nightwing
Becky Cloonan writing Wonder Woman, hopefully for a sizeable run

There are only some small things that disappointed me (no Aquaman or JSA, Justice League Dark being moved to a backup story in the main book).

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC March 2021 solicitations and covers revealed including Infinite Frontier | GamesRadar+

To be honest looking at these solicitations, this is the most excited I've been in DC as a whole in a while. Obviously the last couple of years have been such a mess with Doomsday Clock delays and DiDio getting fired, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of these solicitations:

Chip Zdarsky on the Batman anthology
Swamp Thing maxi series (even though it's not about Alec Holland)
Teen Titans Academy with Rafa Sandoval on art, who's been bouncing around from book to book since Hal & Pals ended
Philip Kennedy Johnson on both Superman books
Both of my two favorite artists right now on both major Batman books (Jorge Jimenez and Dan Mora on Batman and Tec, respectively) :banderas:
More Wally focus in Flash
Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo on Nightwing
Becky Cloonan writing Wonder Woman, hopefully for a sizeable run

There are only some small things that disappointed me (no Aquaman or JSA, Justice League Dark being moved to a backup story in the main book).
I'm hoping they are doing a staggered announcement move and we get news about those books coming later in the year.