Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
and yes, I'm still waiting on OG Cable/Mystique to blow this shyt up
In this week's Marauders, Mystique had the most arbitrary "No" vote when the Quiet Council wanted to know what was up with Sebastian Shaw being in a wheelchair all of a sudden.

She seems to just be in a "fukk all y'all" mode right now but they are going to have to pick up the thread of them promising to resurrect Destiny before too long because I can't see Mystique allowing them to put it off for this long without her doing something destructive.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'ma be honest. Beast acting like he's Dark Beast or something pisses me off. Every issue he comes out with some fukkboy shyt that leaves me like :gucci: :pacspit:
I just need them to give Beast back to The Avengers because no X-Men writer (from Claremont to Hickman) has know what the fukk to do with the character and they all write him as this humorless pseudo mad scientist a$$hole.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
S.W.O.R.D. #1 :obama: I'm all in for what Ewing has in store. It's his Ultimates with mutants. No fukking clue what did they "retrieved" from the confines of the universe but when Magneto goes :krs: :wow: at it then you know shyt is about to be special.

Erik not a fan of Wanda The Pretender :ufdup: and that's gonna cause issues with the new Kree/Skrull alliance.

Really like were they are going with this "mutant technology" concept too.

Loved Doom's quote at the end too. Will he get involved in this book too?

"You have stole fire from Heaven to hold in your hands. How could I object? I have done the same myself...with one significant difference: I wore gloves. Be careful."

:lupe:
Definitely feels like X-Ultimates lol. I'm seeing folks think that they went into the White Hot Room and extracted one of the primal forces.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Erik not a fan of Wanda The Pretender :ufdup: and that's gonna cause issues with the new Kree/Skrull alliance.
I didn't get that at all.
As shytty as the retcon was they have Magneto acting like Wanda was the one who came up with the lie and not the High Evolutionary.
And he shouldn't even still be pissed off about the No More Mutants stuff since it was Wanda (working with Hope) that gave all the de-powered mutants back their powers.
I really hope whatever reason Hickman has for all the mutants being dikks to Scarlet Witch is because he plans on making her and Quicksilver mutants again.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I just need them to give Beast back to The Avengers because no X-Men writer (from Claremont to Hickman) has know what the fukk to do with the character and they all write him as this humorless pseudo mad scientist a$$hole.

I feel like that's who the character is tho.

I'm NOT calling Beast a c00n (:lolbron:) but he's always been the type to be happy go lucky and goofy when around his human (white) friends but when around his mutant (black) brethren, they ain't really got time for all that goofiness and need him to get to work. The Avengers have tons of scientists, engineers and resources at there disposal so he doesn't have a real role outside of comedic goofball but the X-Men actually have need of his real abilities so he needs to cut that shyt out.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
As shytty as the retcon was they have Magneto acting like Wanda was the one who came up with the lie and not the High Evolutionary.
And he shouldn't even still be pissed off about the No More Mutants stuff since it was Wanda (working with Hope) that gave all the de-powered mutants back their powers.
I really hope whatever reason Hickman has for all the mutants being dikks to Scarlet Witch is because he plans on making her and Quicksilver mutants again.

It was mainly the Phoenix, fam. The whole point of the Phoenix coming back in AvX was to reset things to having mutants come back to fix Wanda's initial botch in the first place. The Avengers stuck their nose into the situation and escalated things like they always do, but they really didn't have the experience or information about the situation and took misguided actions.

Had both teams just chilled, Phoenix would have fixed all that shyt and moved the fukk on. Wanda did nothing but create issues and complicate things, even if it was unintentional.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

the problem to me is that if he has all these hurt feelings behind the pretender name, then he needs to call out exodus and his clan and tell them to cut that shyt out especially since she never pretended anything. you dont see anyone calling cassandra the great destroyer and shes done more damage than wanda ever did

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

The end of the X-Men: Empyre mini heavily implied that Hickman is either gonna redeem Wanda or do some shyt that will make her even more of a pariah to mutants. No in between :heh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There is pay off with Wanda. She wouldn't be a reference if there wasn't a pay off. They've avoided having Magneto or Lorna even talk about until this book. Should be a unique confrontation.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There is pay off with Wanda. She wouldn't be a reference if there wasn't a pay off. They've avoided having Magneto or Lorna even talk about until this book. Should be a unique confrontation.

No doubt, but I can see Aaron or another writer doing whatever with Wanda that will have Hickman like :martin: because it changes what he wanted to with the character :russ: