Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hickman talking about Reign of X and other stuff
https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/07/x-men-monday-86-jonathan-hickman/

Some Cliff notes I found interesting:

-He confirms 2021 is a big year for Storm and Nightcrawler.

-As expected, they are still doing an X-Corp book, an announcement should be made soon.

-However, no confirmation on the Moira book (that went on the shelf once the pandemic hit). Only thing Hickman said was "The Moira book is a more complicated answer that I’ll get into below". He didn't specifically addressed it later in the interview but he did say the following:

-About Slott's retcon of Franklin not being a mutant:
When I was writing Avengers, I was working from a tight outline. I pretty much knew where I was headed the entire run. Not everyone works that way, and it would be unreasonable for there to be an expectation that everyone work that way, but I do. None of that changes the fact that one day I woke up and had to deal with Old Man Steve Rogers, Superior Spider-Man, Unworthy Thor, and Iron Man a billion miles away from Earth in Guardians.

These are just the naturally-occurring complications of writing ‘Big Books’ at Marvel.

Now, obviously, we would not have laid down the track we did in House of X and Powers of X and X-Men/Fantastic Four if we weren’t planning on playing with that stuff–and who knows, we still might–but the truth is that Dan’s story evolved.

Which is kind of the larger point. Dan’s the writer of the Fantastic Four. He gets to write the book. And I support him the same way I’d support Leah on hers or Zeb on his, and on and on. Velocity and volume make the job hard enough, and none of us have the time or energy to spare on pointless territorial disputes.

And at the end of the day, you’re talking about characters that have been around for over 50 years. It’ll be fine.

-About his plans for the franchise:
I don’t get lost and I normally see continuity changes as opportunities to dynamically reorient what I’m already doing narratively. It kind of acts like an external force denying perfect orbit around a story. You want turbulence, right? You want to go on a ride, because that’s drama. So I see it as kind of an anti-boredom engine instead of an inconvenience.

That’s just a matter of perspective. Whatever.

This X-stuff, however, has been different. I intentionally didn’t go into it with markers for specific issues (issue 5 Orchis is formed, issue 15, Mother Mold is reborn, issue 30, Orchis invades earth, issue 45, Nimrod joins the X-Men, etc.). Instead, what I pitched the company was essentially a three-act story. Where each act would last as long as we wanted or needed it to, and then when we were ready, we’d officially begin the second act.

Funny thing about that is, while rendering things out in real time, the two methods, though seemingly similar, are a million miles apart in execution. They just don’t work the same way.

Which has been very cool to watch.

So, have plans changed? Yes, absolutely. But that’s a conversation we can have after the Hellfire Gala.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Hickman talking about Reign of X and other stuff
https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/07/x-men-monday-86-jonathan-hickman/

Some Cliff notes I found interesting:

-He confirms 2021 is a big year for Storm and Nightcrawler.

-As expected, they are still doing an X-Corp book, an announcement should be made soon.

-However, no confirmation on the Moira book (that went on the shelf once the pandemic hit). Only thing Hickman said was "The Moira book is a more complicated answer that I’ll get into below". He didn't specifically addressed it later in the interview but he did say the following:

-About Slott's retcon of Franklin not being a mutant:

-About his plans for the franchise:
It :blessed:sounds like this months X-Men comic may be giving us more Omega Level Mutants added to the list.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
xiTTEG4.png

We need more stuff where people say things like 'Fools! Do not disturb us while we poison the cocaine!' and less stuff like the stuff we're normally getting.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Daredevils shyt always is poppin!

Im only on the one from this year where he dips on Elektra and then goes to visit me in the hospital.

Ms.Marvel is always my shyt, but X-Force really got me clocked in.
i didnt like this whole Krakoa shyt at first, but its actually kinda cool.

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Hellions: Holy shyt. :dwillhuh:

I wonder what Wildchild, Nanny and Orphan Maker are gonna come back as.

but I know past this point, Sinister is gonna have to watch his back. Or hope they get reborn without remem-

wait.... this is getting cancelled isn't it. :dwillhuh:

Well damn.....they did change. But not like if they had died on Otherworld. They're still themselves it looks like, but more serious and straightforward. So it seems dying anywhere but this reality does have an effect....not just in Otherworld

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well damn.....they did change. But not like if they had died on Otherworld. They're still themselves it looks like, but more serious and straightforward. So it seems dying anywhere but this reality does have an effect....not just in Otherworld
Dying on Arakko seems to bring you back as a more "apex predator" version of yourself.