Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Dying on Arakko seems to bring you back as a more "apex predator" version of yourself.

you see the brief mention in X-Factor? Gorgon came back different. I think it was like "song and line dance different"

I get the feeling the resurrection protocols being used that way are gonna be a story point in the future.

let yourself die on Amenth, come back "defragmented". A better you. It's the easiest powerup ever. Imagine someone like Wolverine doing it.

Or M.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
you see the brief mention in X-Factor? Gorgon came back different. I think it was like "song and line dance different"

I get the feeling the resurrection protocols being used that way are gonna be a story point in the future.

let yourself die on Amenth, come back "defragmented". A better you. It's the easiest powerup ever. Imagine someone like Wolverine doing it.

Or M.
I could see someone like Sinister or even Exodus using that to create their own little army of resurrected uber mutants.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

That's because Gorgon died in Otherworld.

Those Hellions died in Amenth (or Arakko, can't recall) so they got a Spartan-like powerup because their bodies reacted as if they would have to live in the harder conditions of Amenth.

Otherworld on the other hand is were the multiverse meets so dying there is tossing up a coin and see what the fukk you gonna come out as. And you are brand new too, the new Rockslide is like 1 month old :picard:, not sure if that was just him because the resurrection protocol went to shyt when they revived him or if it's something Gorgon is gonna have to deal with too.

I wonder what happens if someone dies in that fukked up realm were all the dead realities are (and they sent the Vescora and the Summoners so they wouldn't bother anyone) or were Mad Jim Jaspers is the ruler :lupe: :lupe:

shyt, if Wolverine dies in Avalon he gonna come out talking like a medieval knight? :dwillhuh: :mjlol:

It's too bad all the Otherworld fukkery and realms are in the hands of Tini Howard. She seems to have some dope ideas but she can't write a comic book to save her life. Most of the Excalibur books are a fukking mess, very hard to figure out what the fukk is going on and the stories go all over the place :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Daredevils shyt always is poppin!

Im only on the one from this year where he dips on Elektra and then goes to visit me in the hospital.

Ms.Marvel is always my shyt, but X-Force really got me clocked in.
i didnt like this whole Krakoa shyt at first, but its actually kinda cool.

I'ma be honest. Beast acting like he's Dark Beast or something pisses me off. Every issue he comes out with some fukkboy shyt that leaves me like :gucci: :pacspit:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tbh I fell off on Immortal Hulk after the Fortean storyline.

The Roxxon arc was an interesting commentary on corporations, but the book lost me after that. It didn't help that that arc came out right around the time the pandemic caused all those books to get delayed. It just lost a lot of momentum for me when that happened.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That's because Gorgon died in Otherworld.

Those Hellions died in Amenth (or Arakko, can't recall) so they got a Spartan-like powerup because their bodies reacted as if they would have to live in the harder conditions of Amenth.

Otherworld on the other hand is were the multiverse meets so dying there is tossing up a coin and see what the fukk you gonna come out as. And you are brand new too, the new Rockslide is like 1 month old :picard:, not sure if that was just him because the resurrection protocol went to shyt when they revived him or if it's something Gorgon is gonna have to deal with too.

I wonder what happens if someone dies in that fukked up realm were all the dead realities are (and they sent the Vescora and the Summoners so they wouldn't bother anyone) or were Mad Jim Jaspers is the ruler :lupe: :lupe:

shyt, if Wolverine dies in Avalon he gonna come out talking like a medieval knight? :dwillhuh: :mjlol:

It's too bad all the Otherworld fukkery and realms are in the hands of Tini Howard. She seems to have some dope ideas but she can't write a comic book to save her life. Most of the Excalibur books are a fukking mess, very hard to figure out what the fukk is going on and the stories go all over the place :francis:

I wonder if they're gonna have Gorgon go to the suits, sunglasses and smirks.

(I havent played this game in ages)

Honestly between Amenth and The Vault, Hickman got mutants haxx0r'ed

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:russ:they always have

look at the sheer amount of fukkery Alex has been through.

Polaris fukkery
Multiversal fukkery
Maddie fukkery
"evil" fukkery
Cosmic fukkery
Government fukkery

not once has Scott been like "hey breh... you okay? :mjcry:)

Yeah how the fukk did he get unverted :patrice:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Daredevils shyt always is poppin!

Im only on the one from this year where he dips on Elektra and then goes to visit me in the hospital.

Ms.Marvel is always my shyt, but X-Force really got me clocked in.
i didnt like this whole Krakoa shyt at first, but its actually kinda cool.

Ayo. :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Kitt....Kate and Emma's revenge on Shaw :picard:

S.W.O.R.D. #1 :obama: I'm all in for what Ewing has in store. It's his Ultimates with mutants. No fukking clue what did they "retrieved" from the confines of the universe but when Magneto goes :krs: :wow: at it then you know shyt is about to be special.

Erik not a fan of Wanda The Pretender :ufdup: and that's gonna cause issues with the new Kree/Skrull alliance.

Really like were they are going with this "mutant technology" concept too.

Loved Doom's quote at the end too. Will he get involved in this book too?

"You have stole fire from Heaven to hold in your hands. How could I object? I have done the same myself...with one significant difference: I wore gloves. Be careful."

:lupe:

Last edited: