Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Three Jokers was a good story but it was overhyped and not worth a 1 year wait let alone a 3-4 year hiatus. I wanted some element that could change the status quo but there's nothing. What a waste of Fabok's art.

I like the idea of Jason and Babs together but those last panels with the letter was too cringe. Let alone the fact he'll only get his shyt together if he's with her, let alone something he wants himself.

Can someone explain the kid and mom at the end of 3 Jokers?
Are they Joker's family?
:dwillhuh: They explained it pretty clearly.

The comedian Joker was abusive/wouldn't let his pregnant wife leave. Police faked her death and moved her to Alaska where she had their son. Where one bad day fits in I don't know.

If people found out at best their lives would be ruined and at worst the comedian would find them.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

The comedian Joker was abusive/wouldn't let his pregnant wife leave. Police faked her death and moved her to Alaska where she had their son. Where one bad day fits in I don't know.

If people found out at best their lives would be ruined and at worst the comedian would find them.

I had to make sure it was that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Digging into Far Sector.

DC wants me to like Hal Jordan and John Stewart the most, but they keep making Green Lanterns I like more than them nikkas.
I would just be happy if they settled on a personality for John Stewart and stuck with it.
Its like dude is a different person depending on where he shows up.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Three Jokers was a good story but it was overhyped and not worth a 1 year wait let alone a 3-4 year hiatus. I wanted some element that could change the status quo but there's nothing. What a waste of Fabok's art.

I like the idea of Jason and Babs together but those last panels with the letter was too cringe. Let alone the fact he'll only get his shyt together if he's with her, let alone something he wants himself.

The Jason and Babs stuff was the weakest part of the book to me.
I know they both have major connections to Joker and had to be in the book but neither of them was written very well and the dip into a romantic storyline just seemed awkward and forced.
Also not having dikk involved was a huge issue for me too.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
The Jason and Babs stuff was the weakest part of the book to me.
I know they both have major connections to Joker and had to be in the book but neither of them was written very well and the dip into a romantic storyline just seemed awkward and forced.
Also not having dikk involved was a huge issue for me too.
Baba was just a plot object for Jason and this is clearly not rebirth RHATO Jason. It feels like this guy could've been freshly resurrected a week ago.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
After Doomsday Clock and Three Jokers it's clear that Geoff Johns is trying really hard to stat pad his legacy as a comic book writer. But let it be clear that in both cases it's just trying. Johns is actually a good writer but he wants to have that one defining DC book to his name so much it's kinda embarassing.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
This used to be Marvel's biggest problem back in the Bendis days.

But I would leave Morrison out of that equation though. He either is given the freedom to redefine continuity or he goes full niche and stays away from broad continuity. In both cases he does do whatever he wants but at least in the first case that's the role the company assigned him (like when he was the lead on everything Batman).
That's fair. I also feel like Morrison tries to set stuff up for other people to use. Multiversity was basically him making sense of the multiverse by giving it an actual structure and no one has really even tried to capitalize on that since.

I would just be happy if they settled on a personality for John Stewart and stuck with it.
Its like dude is a different person depending on where he shows up.
That's my main thing with John. He has no clear personality. Even if we just compare him to other Black heroes I feel like I can give you a better description of who, say, Static or T'Challa are than I can John Stewart.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Pogg Ur Pogg :mjlol:

XoS Stasis was good, it's more build up but I find it fun to read and the contest should start with next week books :ehh:. At least we got that obvious reveal out of the way now and the story is wide open.

I do wonder if all the data pages we got so far to explain each Otherworld realm was there just to get a little preview of the meeting they had this issue or if it's set up for someone else to take those stories, some of those kingdoms are demonic as fukk.

Seems the Hellions fukkery gonna be 4 issues before this ends so I expect things to go retarded from that point going forward :russ: