Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Its not about being good..the x men went his direction for years..Cyclops was a fake Magneto 2.0 with Jean off the chess board. He was a X man in 09 because he liked Cyclops' direction and choices and didn't feel like kicking his ass over it again.

Mystique and Sabretooth are never part of the big picture so they don't matter.
Villain terrority? Sure. The Magneto series from Bunn...he killed all of those anti mutant humans and Shield couldn't do shyt about it..lol. He killed Red Skull even Wanda pleaded with him not to do it. He always goes the extra step.

Rogue and Magneto made sense considering she was good as dead without Magneto.

even with scott taking on some of his traits, he was also taking in charles. going full magneto would have lost him everyone but emma. and he was an xmen because scott was taking in most mutants at the time.

mystique is currently a massive part of the big picture. in fact shyt can come crumbling down if she decides to take action.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have some beef with Three Jokers.

If Batman knew the name of the Joker, a week after their first encounter, then why the fukk did he ask the Mobius Chair who the Joker was, which is why there is a Three Jokers story to begin with?:gucci:
I could come up with all sorts of juelzing in continuity answers but to be honest the only answer is that Geoff Johns doesn't give a fukk what Scott Snyder has written; Scott Snyder doesn't give a fukk what Geoff Johns has written and DC Editorial is too p*ssy to even attempt to force continuity onto their golden boys.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The last issue of Three Jokers was dope. :ehh:
I liked the last issue a lot. Honestly I thought the whole miniseries was good. One's enjoyment will probably fluctuate depending on if you looked at Three Jokers as an Elseworlds story or if you think it was meant to be part of whatever the current continuity of DC is supposed to be.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I could come up with all sorts of juelzing in continuity answers but to be honest the only answer is that Geoff Johns doesn't give a fukk what Scott Snyder has written; Scott Snyder doesn't give a fukk what Geoff Johns has written and DC Editorial is too p*ssy to even attempt to force continuity onto their golden boys.

Yeah this most likely is the answer

I liked the last issue a lot. Honestly I thought the whole miniseries was good. One's enjoyment will probably fluctuate depending on if you looked at Three Jokers as an Elseworlds story or if you think it was meant to be part of whatever the current continuity of DC is supposed to be.

It really depends on how well it's doing. If it's doing well enough then they will probably try to slot it somewhere in continuity

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Three Jokers was cool. I agree that it really depends on the expectation of the book. Wouldn't couldn't great either though, so I guess if anyone was expecting something truly special out of it, they would feel bummed out a bit. The art was amazing though, so that could make it special in a way.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Digging into Far Sector.

DC wants me to like Hal Jordan and John Stewart the most, but they keep making Green Lanterns I like more than them nikkas.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
even with scott taking on some of his traits, he was also taking in charles. going full magneto would have lost him everyone but emma. and he was an xmen because scott was taking in most mutants at the time.

mystique is currently a massive part of the big picture. in fact shyt can come crumbling down if she decides to take action.
He basically did lose him everyone..the Consequences miniseries..Magneto had Magik get him out of prison...Storm and Wolverine could of cared less.

Mystique is not smart enough, powerful enough to affect anything..Destiny can't bail her out anymore. The whole thing is building to a Wanda Maximoff solution of some sort..he didn't go down that path for no reason

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
My favorite moment was Batman forgiving Joe Chill at his death bed. Then the instances where he saved Chill during the fight with the Criminal. It's great to see him close that chapter in his life. Bruce still had a fear of Joe Chill like in the second issue when he fumbled his words trying to call Chill out in the cell. Then it turned out Chill was writing letters to Bruce to forgive him for what he did to his parents. :mjcry:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
The bolded is DC's biggest issue. They got too many dudes over there just doing whatever the fukk they want. Johns, Synder, Morrison, Bendis, etc. All just running with shyt and no one to tell them no or at least to work together.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The bolded is DC's biggest issue. They got too many dudes over there just doing whatever the fukk they want. Johns, Synder, Morrison, Bendis, etc. All just running with shyt and no one to tell them no or at least to work together.
This used to be Marvel's biggest problem back in the Bendis days.

But I would leave Morrison out of that equation though. He either is given the freedom to redefine continuity or he goes full niche and stays away from broad continuity. In both cases he does do whatever he wants but at least in the first case that's the role the company assigned him (like when he was the lead on everything Batman).