Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
What's up with the aliens vs marvel covers? They doing a crossover story? Or Is marvel just flexing that they now own the aliens rights?
avengers.jpg

reigun

Superstar
Daps
EkYJuJTXYAE6PJC

Is that Red X from the Teen Titans cartoon in the back?
My only issue with Future State - and it's not even really an issue - is that if the books come out and are good, we're going to want these characters to stick around. But barring time fukkery, you've already walled them off in a possible future.

More than that, it's kind of revealed the fact that DC doesn't really have a plan now that Didio is out. Everything they've been doing the last couple years was clearly building toward 5G, and now that that's out, what comes next? The DC universe is in desperate need of direction in the comics. Outside of Batman, the universe has felt largely aimless for a long while. Good stories here and there, but there's no real sense of forward movement or expansion for the characters. There's stuff to enjoy, but nothing to really get excited about if that makes sense.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My only issue with Future State - and it's not even really an issue - is that if the books come out and are good, we're going to want these characters to stick around. But barring time fukkery, you've already walled them off in a possible future.

More than that, it's kind of revealed the fact that DC doesn't really have a plan now that Didio is out. Everything they've been doing the last couple years was clearly building toward 5G, and now that that's out, what comes next? The DC universe is in desperate need of direction in the comics. Outside of Batman, the universe has felt largely aimless for a long while. Good stories here and there, but there's no real sense of forward movement or expansion for the characters. There's stuff to enjoy, but nothing to really get excited about if that makes sense.
They can get around that by just treating the Future State stuff like an Elseworlds story.
I anticipate they'll gauge the reactions the characters get and some of them will be showing up pretty much immediately.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
They can get around that by just treating the Future State stuff like an Elseworlds story.
I anticipate they'll gauge the reactions the characters get and some of them will be showing up pretty much immediately.
True. Especially if the rumors that a lot of this is what 5G was going to be are true.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
finally got a chance to read ff 25, and are they trying to make reed look like john krasinski in this?
-poor franklin. i know they dont want him full god mode, but they could give him something. and i didnt know that the gates didnt work for depowered mutants. quite a dikk move on krakoas part
-random universal threat comes and goes and leaves a mess on their doorstep. typical ff
-
nick fury and uatu are back!

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I downloaded Fatal Attractions today..havent read it in like 5 years...I love the story even though they went too hard trying to vilify Magneto..it still introduced Exodus and he was on fire in Bloodties. We looked EVERYWHERE in San Diego for that Exodus action figure..
AoA Magneto was hard to find too.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I downloaded Fatal Attractions today..havent read it in like 5 years...I love the story even though they went too hard trying to vilify Magneto..it still introduced Exodus and he was on fire in Bloodties. We looked EVERYWHERE in San Diego for that Exodus action figure..
AoA Magneto was hard to find too.

hes a villain. theyve tried to make him tow a line in more recent years, but hes not gonna change his spots

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
hes a villain. theyve tried to make him tow a line in more recent years, but hes not gonna change his spots
Oh no..even during the Fox cartoon, he always go Tweener..hell, besides the first two apoearances, he was never a villain on the show again. Turned face on Evolution. Tweener for the 2nd half of the movie stint. Hes just too popular to be a villian. Thats why he's been an X man since 2009. Lol. They wouldn't have Rogue having sex with a villain str8 up . No chance thats happening depending on her moral standings. But this story, what he did to Wolverine, Quicksilver, Cable, and the earth..it was NEXT LEVEL.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Oh no..even during the Fox cartoon, he always go Tweener..hell, besides the first two apoearances, he was never a villain on the show again. Turned face on Evolution. Tweener for the 2nd half of the movie stint. Hes just too popular to be a villian. Thats why he's been an X man since 2009. Lol. They wouldn't have Rogue having sex with a villain str8 up . No chance thats happening depending on her moral standings. But this story, what he did to Wolverine, Quicksilver, Cable, and the earth..it was NEXT LEVEL.

always? no. hed work with charles and others to deal with bigger issues, but hed always fall back on his mutant supremacy. i havent the movies beyond days of fuure past, but even those were situations were he would work with others to his benefit, not because it was the good thing to do. he was a xman since 09 because theyre numbers were low and they were taking in all sorts. mistique, sabretooth pre inversion, lady mastermind and omege sentinel were also xmen as well.(one of my favorite lineups as well, but thats another discussion) at most to me, hes incredbly sympathetic. trapping red skull in a bunker is completely understandable to me, as is when he brings it to human extremist terrorists that kill kids. and if that was the limit, i would be understanding in calling him a tweener. but the shyt he does outside of that, the way he acts puts him square in villain territory. and that hasnt changed about him even with krakoa. telling humans that they should treat mutants as their new gods is not something a good person would say.

im not even going to get into that shyt with him and rogue. it was bullshyt then and its bullshyt now

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
always? no. hed work with charles and others to deal with bigger issues, but hed always fall back on his mutant supremacy. i havent the movies beyond days of fuure past, but even those were situations were he would work with others to his benefit, not because it was the good thing to do. he was a xman since 09 because theyre numbers were low and they were taking in all sorts. mistique, sabretooth pre inversion, lady mastermind and omege sentinel were also xmen as well.(one of my favorite lineups as well, but thats another discussion) at most to me, hes incredbly sympathetic. trapping red skull in a bunker is completely understandable to me, as is when he brings it to human extremist terrorists that kill kids. and if that was the limit, i would be understanding in calling him a tweener. but the shyt he does outside of that, the way he acts puts him square in villain territory. and that hasnt changed about him even with krakoa. telling humans that they should treat mutants as their new gods is not something a good person would say.

im not even going to get into that shyt with him and rogue. it was bullshyt then and its bullshyt now
Its not about being good..the x men went his direction for years..Cyclops was a fake Magneto 2.0 with Jean off the chess board. He was a X man in 09 because he liked Cyclops' direction and choices and didn't feel like kicking his ass over it again.

Mystique and Sabretooth are never part of the big picture so they don't matter.
Villain terrority? Sure. The Magneto series from Bunn...he killed all of those anti mutant humans and Shield couldn't do shyt about it..lol. He killed Red Skull even Wanda pleaded with him not to do it. He always goes the extra step.

Rogue and Magneto made sense considering she was good as dead without Magneto.