Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Excalibur was :russell: I know they are pushing Tini Howard as co creator of XoS with Hickman but holy fukk does she suck at writting a comic. I think the only issue worth a damn was the one before XoS started.

X-Men was a good preview for Stasis. Apoc getting a reality check by his woman :picard: I can't wait for his revenge tour. I wonder if people will get mad about this "retcon".
Tini Howard has a tendency to overwrite a book, an issue a lot of these new female comic book writers have. They all seem to think every panel needs to have some smarky comment or off-hand joke in it. The worst offender is the new X-Factor book. There's not a single conversation in there that isn't constantly interrupted by a secondary character making a remark or comment. It kills the pacing of the book and because they're so text heavy they offer zero space for the artist to do any visual storytelling either, especially when there needs to be a visual background gag included in the panel of two people holding a conversation spread out over eight text balloons.

Howard's writing reminds me of Devin Grayson who wrote so much horrible stuff at DC in the mid-2000s

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Tini Howard has a tendency to overwrite a book, an issue a lot of these new female comic book writers have. They all seem to think every panel needs to have some smarky comment or off-hand joke in it. The worst offender is the new X-Factor book. There's not a single conversation in there that isn't constantly interrupted by a secondary character making a remark or comment. It kills the pacing of the book and because they're so text heavy they offer zero space for the artist to do any visual storytelling either, especially when there needs to be a visual background gag included in the panel of two people holding a conversation spread out over eight text balloons.

The :mindblown: thing to me is how with all that writing, Howard is incapable of giving the reader enough of a clue about what the fukk is going on for most of her books. At this point I think I've read like 6 issues of Excalibur and legit, the only I fully "got" was the preview of XoS with Apoc killing the Externals and making the External Gate. The one from this week was 24 pages of "what the fukk is going on" and 1 of "gotcha!, it was all planned!" and even that swerve wasn't well layed out at all :dahell:

Agreed on X-Factor. I really wanna read it because I love the premise of the book but man, it's too damn much uniteresting text.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
was this the first cover to include the RIP for Boseman?
Again Im mad far behind. I was just flipping thru files to see some cover art.

I2exMEb.jpg

x8Dtcqk.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
was this the first cover to include the RIP for Boseman?
Again Im mad far behind. I was just flipping thru files to see some cover art.

I2exMEb.jpg

x8Dtcqk.jpg
I think they started having it on the covers the 3rd week of September and the tribute page/image was added the week after.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
AVENGERS #41
  • JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A) • COVER BY LEINIL YU
  • DESIGN VARIANT COVER by Javier Garrón
  • CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY DUSTIN WEAVER
  • MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
  • THE BATTLE TO DECIDE THE ALL-NEW PHOENIX CONTINUES!
  • Who will wield the power of the PHOENIX FORCE? A globe-spanning tournament is underway, under the direction of the firebird itself, pitting some of Marvel’s greatest heroes against their fiercest enemies and also against each other, giving each of them a taste of the awesome cosmic might that’s at stake. All will be transformed. Not all will survive.

Ahhh... sword tournament, phoenix tournament... watch this venom event end up being some symbiote fukkin tournament too :pachaha:

Tournaments for everybody cotdamn it!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Ahhh... sword tournament, phoenix tournament... watch this venom event end up being some symbiote fukkin tournament too :pachaha:

Tournaments for everybody cotdamn it!

then three surprise fighting games from Capcom will show up on PS5, with cross play via online.

iu