Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
EkYJuJTXYAE6PJC

Is that Red X from the Teen Titans cartoon in the back?
Is this the new age of heroes again

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My backlog right now is ridiculous. It just randomly popped in my head a few minutes ago that I bought Batman Curse of the White Knight weeks ago and still haven't read it. :dead:

Though I was actually not that big of a fan of the original White Knight. It had some interesting ideas it played around with, but the actual story was :comeon:, and I could not stand the way Murphy wrote Batgirl. Barbara was insufferable the whole damn book. :hhh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel's Iron Fist returns in 2021 with Larry Hama and David Wachter
EkzK3P_VkAAW7Uw

Someone's killing Marvel's dragons, and its up to Iron Fist to stop them

"Someone is killing the ancient dragons that power the Heavenly Cities, and only Iron Fist and the Deadly Weapons can stop them… if they can discover who they are in time!" reads Marvel's solicitation for the first issue. "Zombie armies, mystical portals, dragon hearts, some of the Marvel Universe's deadliest fighters all converge in one action-packed extravaganza, and the fate of all worlds hangs in the balance!"

Larry Hama writes the six-issue Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon series. While best known for his contributions to Hasbro's G.I. Joe franchise (including creating many of the franchise's greatest characters), Hama has ties to Iron Fist as well.

Hama made his debut at Marvel drawing an Iron Fist serial in 1974's Marvel Premiere #16. In his time on that serial, he co-created Colleen Wing, Ward Meachum, and even the dragon Shou-Lao the Undying - the dragon Danny Rand had to beat to attain his Iron Fist powers. The above solicitation for Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon refers to those ancient dragons, so Hama's a good person to call.

In addition, Hama has a martial arts background - studying Kodokan Judo, Kyūdō (Japanese archery), and Laido (Japanese swordsmanship).

Hama is joined by artist David Wachter, who recently finished up a 21-issue run on IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles title.

Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon #1 (of 6) goes on sale in January 2021.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Magnificent Ms. Marvel has been canceled. The last issue comes out in January.

Wow. I'm surprised.
Seems like the comic book industry is struggling a bit, especially with the changes at DC.
They're going to have to start innovating.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Magnificent Ms. Marvel has been canceled. The last issue comes out in January.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
:mindblown:

I still got so many more to go tho.
So thats good.

Just caught up to MARVEL week 1/1/20

Finished The Invaders.
Overall pretty cool story.
Namor will forever be a dikkhead.
He just likes to get wet.

Finished GwenPool Strikes Back also.
I dont know how i feel about her being brought into Krakoa.
And whether or not she is a mutant.
But i like wacky.
And that whole series was fun!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Excalibur was :russell: I know they are pushing Tini Howard as co creator of XoS with Hickman but holy fukk does she suck at writting a comic. I think the only issue worth a damn was the one before XoS started.

X-Men was a good preview for Stasis. Apoc getting a reality check by his woman :picard: I can't wait for his revenge tour. I wonder if people will get mad about this "retcon".

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Excalibur was :russell: I know they are pushing Tini Howard as co creator of XoS with Hickman but holy fukk does she suck at writting a comic. I think the only issue worth a damn was the one before XoS started.

X-Men was a good preview for Stasis. Apoc getting a reality check by his woman :picard: I can't wait for his revenge tour. I wonder if people will get mad about this "retcon".
Tini Howard has a tendency to overwrite a book, an issue a lot of these new female comic book writers have. They all seem to think every panel needs to have some smarky comment or off-hand joke in it. The worst offender is the new X-Factor book. There's not a single conversation in there that isn't constantly interrupted by a secondary character making a remark or comment. It kills the pacing of the book and because they're so text heavy they offer zero space for the artist to do any visual storytelling either, especially when there needs to be a visual background gag included in the panel of two people holding a conversation spread out over eight text balloons.