Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In this new Milestone, Static gets his powers by being teargassed at a Black Lives Matter protest.

giphy.gif
What exactly bothers you about it? Because I'm not really getting why this is upsetting people.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Milestone always intended to fit the social climate of the time so a BLM protest makes perfect sense as a modern update. It's literally among the top three issues people say they are most concerned about right now.

Possibly, but I'm just telling you why people don't like it.

I feel like it didn't really need an update, go with the original comic origin if you are going for more edgy and "real", go with the cartoon origin if you want it to be more PG. But it doesn't matter that much to me, but I do see it as goofy.

Its the same origin except he's at a BLM protest instead of a gang fight.

I understand that, I read through the thread some. I just think it's pretty silly and doesn't really add anything to the character or makes any kind of real statement that I feel the creators are going for.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I understand that, I read through the thread some. I just think it's pretty silly and doesn't really add anything to the character or makes any kind of real statement that I feel the creators are going for.
That I disagree with. I think Static being at a BLM protest shows that he cares about making a difference before he got his powers. It's kinda similar to Steve Rogers jumping on that grenade in the first Cap movie. That moment showed today Steve had the heart of a hero even before he got the super soldier serum.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
That I disagree with. I think Static being at a BLM protest shows that he cares about making a difference before he got his powers. It's kinda similar to Steve Rogers jumping on that grenade in the first Cap movie. That moment showed today Steve had the heart of a hero even before he got the super soldier serum.

to me it feels like the origin will date him. it would be the same if it were an occupy rally

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Immortal Hulk 37 :damn::wow:
I knew the Leader was the one controlling Worldbreaker Hulk when he started locking up Devil and Joe Fixit Hulk. Gamma Flight got played so fukking bad. Leader figuring out how to close Green Doors and make them into Red Doors to stop the resurrection process.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is the dumbest shyt ever from X-Men #12...what the hell kind of power is that?
EiDyUMCWsAAg9I7

I am dreading this X of Swords event based off of this issue of X-Men because it's going to a bunch of ridiculous bullshyt like this to make characters no one gives a dman about seem unbeatable right up until some deus ex machina at the end that wins things for the Krakoa mutants.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This is the dumbest shyt ever from X-Men #12...what the hell kind of power is that?
EiDyUMCWsAAg9I7

I am dreading this X of Swords event based off of this issue of X-Men because it's going to a bunch of ridiculous bullshyt like this to make characters no one gives a dman about seem unbeatable right up until some deus ex machina at the end that wins things for the Krakoa mutants.
This is why I only read indie comics.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
EiDyUMCWsAAg9I7

So she got a fake type of Domino-like power? Lol

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
EiDyUMCWsAAg9I7

:laff: