Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
xos_checklist_blue_1.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Okay. My memory of how he got his powers is murky. I thought it was in a gang fight near a chemical plant that exploded. Since this retcon is pretty much the same just a gang fight setting swapped out for a BLM protest, then that is actually better.

This is my remembering of his origin story too. Maybe that's what it was in the cartoon, but not in the comics

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Yeah I see, that's the comic book origin.

The cartoon origin is the one that we remember:

Wade eventually leads Virgil to a restricted area for a fight against F-Stop's crew, but it was interrupted by police helicopters. During the dispute with the police, chemical containers explode, releasing a gas that causes mutations among the people in the vicinity (this event was later known as "The Big Bang"). As a result, Virgil obtains the ability to create, generate, absorb, and control electricity and magnetism—he takes up the alter-ego of "Static". The gas also gives others in the area their own powers, and several of them become supervillains. The mutated people become meta-humans known as "Bang Babies" and their mutations apparently spread to other people around them.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pull list for this week:

Batman #99
Batman: Curse of the White Knight TPB
Detective Comics #1027
Excalibur #12
Hellions #4
Immortal Hulk #37
Injustice Year Zero #6
Dark Crystal Age of Resistance #11
Justice League #53
Once & Future #11
Seven Secrets #2
X-Men #12

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Why are we not talking about how the Boom Power Rangers comics have had some of the best artists in the game right now? :mindblown:

Dan Mora:

Eleonora Carlini:

Francesco Mortarino:

Simone Di Meo:

Daniele Di Nicuolo:

This is exactly what I would expect an animated Power Rangers series to look like.
I became a dan mora fan just off the previews of this years ago. You just reminded me to check for this series.

He also drew Grant Morrisson's "Klaus" comic way back as well, if I recall correctly...

Between this and IDW's TMNT run, OG 80's comics/toys are having a GOAT resurgence in comics

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I read that Milestone primer when it came out and I didn't have any problem with the Static origin. I read it and thought, "Oh, that's interesting.:ehh:"

Really not seeing what the problem is.

shyt is just kind of goofy and reeks of :flabbynsick: nikkas trying to relate to today's kids and teenagers

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is just kind of goofy and reeks of :flabbynsick: nikkas trying to relate to today's kids and teenagers

Milestone always intended to fit the social climate of the time so a BLM protest makes perfect sense as a modern update. It's literally among the top three issues people say they are most concerned about right now.