Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I am all for a Suicide Squad type book in the X-Universe but everything about this book requires the reader to suspend disbelief and buy that so many usually intelligent characters are now dumb as fukk.

Putting Mr. Sinister in charge of a group of mentally damaged, anti-social mutant malcontents makes zero sense.

Tossing Havok into the group as if working for Mr. Sinister on kill missions will somehow help him get over his emotional issues makes even less sense. If they want Havok to get well then plant a Krakoa seed in Doc Samson's office and have Havok lay on Samson's couch twice a week.

And Psylocke just went through her own major life change by splitting out the Betsy Braddock and Kwannon so that the Psylocke in this book really doesn't have the history they are writing her to have with most of these characters. Her being made the leader makes zero sense because the Psylocke who has been in leadership positions with the different XS-teams was Betsy Braddock.

The whole thing is a bit of a cluster fukk if you scratch the surface of the book's concept even a little bit.

To be fair most of the Quiet Council are villains or at the very least have questionable morality: Apocalypse, Magneto, Mister Sinister, Exodus, Mystique, Emma Frost, and Sebastian Shaw (lightweight Professor X, but I won't include him in this). That's 7 out of 11 people (Kitty is never there).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
To be fair most of the Quiet Council are villains or at the very least have questionable morality: Apocalypse, Magneto, Mister Sinister, Exodus, Mystique, Emma Frost, and Sebastian Shaw (lightweight Professor X, but I won't include him in this). That's 7 out of 11 people (Kitty is never there).
Yeah but of those 7 none of them trust or like Sinister and they are all smart enough to know that giving him a team of mutants to "play with" is not a good idea.

Frost, Magneto and Exodus especially.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps

The Quiet Council would give ANY hardbody Avengers line-up a memorable sonning.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:laff: at both Hellions and X-Men Empyre. Really liked how Hickman just said fukk it with that tie-in and went all in with the fukkery :mjlol:

@Primetime that shyt was Attitude Era style :wow:

Hickman casually dropping the fact that Genosha is now an island full of mutant zombies because Wanda is a stupid bytch and now alien plants face mutant zombies face these old ass plant ladies.:laff:

It's funny how one side Hickman's X-books are typical Hickman-style long-term clinical storytelling yet on the other hand it's also fukkery galore.:dead:

I popped when the Golden Girls showed up out of nowhere :krs: :dead:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
:laff: at both Hellions and X-Men Empyre. Really liked how Hickman just said fukk it with that tie-in and went all in with the fukkery :mjlol:

@Primetime that shyt was Attitude Era style :wow:

I popped when the Golden Girls showed up out of nowhere :krs: :dead:
That Hellion squad
went to shyt real quick then the ending holy shyt :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He was Bushmaster tho and killed that!
I only brought this up cause a story from Google popped up on my phone.
I fukk with Diggs. Noone talks about that Blindspotting movie.
I totally forgot dude was Bushmaster in Luke Cage.
I was remembering him as Baron Samedi on the 2nd season of AMERICAN GODS.
TTcCH6V.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Tried to see the comic con announcements but the format and the presentation of the whole event is just terrible and unorganized, it's just a bunch of long winded Zoom meeting lectures. :scust:

Anybody got a link that makes the news more digestible?