Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
109253826_10102454299292052_1775622799141447848_o.jpg

I like how they redeemed Havok's character in Astonishing X-Men.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So the plan is to have Empyre wrap up in 2 weeks? It's been a new issue out every week and ain't it only 5 or 6 issues total?

The event has been aight. I dont find any of the villains compelling nor Teddy, but it's not a bad read.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Mark Bagley been turning back the clock on Venom Island and the newest Amazing Spider-man :wow:
Kindred has the power to bring back Sin-Eater and give him powers?:ohhh:
who is this mothafukka giving the goat visons/nightmares :damn:

X-men 10
I love how Hickman keeps stacking these crazy dominoes when he finally tips them over shyt is going to get crazy Vulcan is an atomic bomb ready to go off at a moments notice.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Also, I had no idea Rachel had this "Temporal Telepath" thing going. when did this happen?
I remember it being used in the Excalibur book but not in the way they used it in this book. The way it was shown in Excalibur was Rachel being able to communicate with people in her future telepathically.

It's.... a shame Quicksilver isn't a mutant anymore. I'ma need an issue of him and Northstar getting on each other's nerves.

I'm shocked that one of the big thrusts of Hickman's X-Men hasn't been a storyline that makes Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch mutants and Magneto's children again.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Mark Bagley been turning back the clock on Venom Island and the newest Amazing Spider-man :wow:
Kindred has the power to bring back Sin-Eater and give him powers?:ohhh:
who is this mothafukka giving the goat visons/nightmares :damn:

X-men 10
I love how Hickman keeps stacking these crazy dominoes when he finally tips them over shyt is going to get crazy Vulcan is an atomic bomb ready to go off at a moments notice.

but who was the third person to escape the rift? The "Celestial Avatar"? Cause I don't think them freaky dudes meant Black Bolt

and nah, I don't think the rift is actually the Cancerverse, thoug hI could be wrong. That big face looked a lot like the supreme intelligence

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I remember it being used in the Excalibur book but not in the way they used it in this book. The way it was shown in Excalibur was Rachel being able to communicate with people in her future telepathically.

I'm shocked that one of the big thrusts of Hickman's X-Men hasn't been a storyline that makes Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch mutants and Magneto's children again.

gotta have reasons to make mutants enemies.

though I'm REALLY suprised Magneto himself is going with it. He seems really happy to have Lorna in his life.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
109253826_10102454299292052_1775622799141447848_o.jpg

I like how they redeemed Havok's character in Astonishing X-Men.
And in Hellions it looks like they are probably going to do to him what so many hack Avengers writers did to Hank Pym by ignoring his redemption to keep him stuck in one spot as a character for the rest of creation.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Not only did Hickman not fix that, he doubled down by labeling Wanda a "mutant pretender." I think they're going to make it stick even though Wanda and Quicksilver being Magneto's kids is old of the most interesting things about their character

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:dwillhuh: oh.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being on the outs

Lorna and Northstar on the same team.

Magneto acting like a proud dad watching his only daughter make it

how did I not see it. the fallout gonna be ugly. :patrice:

quoted for editing

also just remembered thinking Hope and Egg looked a LOT like Crystal and Black Bolt when Northstar (who isn't Quicksilver, Crystal's ex-husband) went to confront them

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
What did Havok do? Last I read of him was the Uncanny Avengers run.
The government tried to confiscate the X-Mansion when it was in Central Park because Havok and his unsanctioned team of X-Men attacked a govt base. Havok attacked the raiding soldiers and made a deal with them. The deal was that Havok will let himself be arrested and he won't leak the tapes he had of the illegal experiments the govt. was doing on mutants to the press, if they leave the X-Men and mansion alone.

Havok lied about having tapes (he knew the govt. was doing the experiments, but he didn't have any physical proof), but the govt didn't know that and accepted the deal.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

Superman by Daniel Sampere
v2m8tuna1td51.jpg

[Comic Excerpt] Tom Taylor has been teasing an upcoming project and posted this. I love the differing mindsets both Clark and Bruce here. (By Tom Taylor, Roge Antonio and Rain Beredo)
2n0ctcdg17e51.jpg