Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
now to add to the "how is krakoa gonna get fukked" list, charles and max pissing off doom and fukking with reeds mind, but making him aware that they have. theyre gonna fukk with wakanda next and reed tchalla and doom are gonna come together like voltron to fukk that whole island up

Reed, BP, Doom, Namor forming #SecretWarsGang to take on #KrakoaKrew in a fatal fourway tables ladders and chairs match :wow:

HickMcmahon:wow:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Reed, BP, Doom, Namor forming #SecretWarsGang to take on #KrakoaKrew in a fatal fourway tables ladders and chairs match :wow:

HickMcmahon:wow:

Hell in an invisible cell. The crazy shyt is that when shyt goes down, the only ones left holding the bag will be the X-Men. Apoc has his fingers in a bunch of pies, the hellfire club seems to be booming, Exodus is already becoming cult leader status and sinister is at all you can eat mutant dna buffet. I wouldn't be surprised if after Marauders they give Maddie a seat as well. I'm sure Hickman has a reason for things to be looking the way it does, but shyt looks like it's going sideways

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
maestro2020-01-cov-1.jpg

Peter David coming back to tell the origin of the Maestro in a five arc mini-series.
Art by Dale Keown and German Peralta

The Maestro Trailer Offers First Look at Hulk's Villainous Transformation

:wow::blessed::gladbron::ohlawd:
Marvel been boring to me for a while, but I'll check this.

Love peralta's paint work. He's a nice guy. Spoke with him at comic con for a while and he did my Point Blank commission
CkJIU4r.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
now to add to the "how is krakoa gonna get fukked" list, charles and max pissing off doom and fukking with reeds mind, but making him aware that they have. theyre gonna fukk with wakanda next and reed tchalla and doom are gonna come together like voltron to fukk that whole island up
Reed is a colossal p*ssy though so he won't do anything about Chuck mindwiping him and gloating about it.
However, if Valeria ever finds out what Chuck did to her dad then things will get interesting because Val isn't a big p*ssy like her dad and she's still cool with her Uncle Vic.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
gahdamn Hellions reads like a straight up horror comic :picard:

Empath is still a scumbag piece of shyt, but that's SCALPHUNTER, breh. Not some angsty teenager :russ:

This whole team.... It's like you expect Sinister to be on some fukkery, this is legit Sinister's fukkery team.

This is prolly the first time in Marvel history where we've had all the major mutant pieces in play. I'm ITCHING for some kind of Maddie/Jean/Scott/Cable/Teen Cable/Apocalypse/Sinister interaction.
I am all for a Suicide Squad type book in the X-Universe but everything about this book requires the reader to suspend disbelief and buy that so many usually intelligent characters are now dumb as fukk.

Putting Mr. Sinister in charge of a group of mentally damaged, anti-social mutant malcontents makes zero sense.

Tossing Havok into the group as if working for Mr. Sinister on kill missions will somehow help him get over his emotional issues makes even less sense. If they want Havok to get well then plant a Krakoa seed in Doc Samson's office and have Havok lay on Samson's couch twice a week.

And Psylocke just went through her own major life change by splitting out the Betsy Braddock and Kwannon so that the Psylocke in this book really doesn't have the history they are writing her to have with most of these characters. Her being made the leader makes zero sense because the Psylocke who has been in leadership positions with the different XS-teams was Betsy Braddock.

The whole thing is a bit of a cluster fukk if you scratch the surface of the book's concept even a little bit.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Reed is a colossal p*ssy though so he won't do anything about Chuck mindwiping him and gloating about it.
However, if Valeria ever finds out what Chuck did to her dad then things will get interesting because Val isn't a big p*ssy like her dad and she's still cool with her Uncle Vic.

most times true, until he gets inspired and thats how we end up with ragnarok

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
That Hellions team def gonna blow up in Charles face. All them psychopaths being led by Mr. Sinister (who’s supposed to be mind controlled by Charles and THE real Mr. Sinister) who may be a clone getting his strings pulled by OG Sinister. Psylocke is supposed to be the fail safe to stop Sinister in case he goes rogue.....last time I checked, Mr. Sinister was damn near unkillable. They coulda at least put a true powerhouse on tha team to keep tabs on Sinister.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hickman casually dropping the fact that Genosha is now an island full of mutant zombies because Wanda is a stupid bytch and now alien plants face mutant zombies face these old ass plant ladies.:laff:

It's funny how one side Hickman's X-books are typical Hickman-style long-term clinical storytelling yet on the other hand it's also fukkery galore.:dead:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hickman casually dropping the fact that Genosha is now an island full of mutant zombies because Wanda is a stupid bytch and now alien plants face mutant zombies face these old ass plant ladies.:laff:

It's funny how one side Hickman's X-books are typical Hickman-style long-term clinical storytelling yet on the other hand it's also fukkery galore.:dead:
He showed Wanda being a complete dumbass at the beginning and then never showed her again in the book.:russ:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A cool concept for a West Coast Avengers team is that on the surface they are just an expansion of the Avengers and a re-forming of an old chapter but in reality Black Panther has put together the team with specific power sets because he wants to have an Avengers squad close to Krakoa (which is in the Pacific Ocean somewhere in the Pacific Rim) to keep an eye on Krakoa and be the Avengers rapid response team just in case anything jumps off with the mutants.

And Black Panther being Black Panther he packs the WCA with some of the most powerful heroes who also have skill/power sets that make them the best front line against an island of mutants.

Spectrum
Blue Marvel
America Chavez
Brother Voodoo
Moondragon
Sersi
Vision
And my spoiler member: Plantman!

Dude reformed from being a crook a while ago and was on one of those Thunderbolts teams plus he controls plant life which makes him the perfect for this type of team.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I am all for a Suicide Squad type book in the X-Universe but everything about this book requires the reader to suspend disbelief and buy that so many usually intelligent characters are now dumb as fukk.

Putting Mr. Sinister in charge of a group of mentally damaged, anti-social mutant malcontents makes zero sense.

Tossing Havok into the group as if working for Mr. Sinister on kill missions will somehow help him get over his emotional issues makes even less sense. If they want Havok to get well then plant a Krakoa seed in Doc Samson's office and have Havok lay on Samson's couch twice a week.

And Psylocke just went through her own major life change by splitting out the Betsy Braddock and Kwannon so that the Psylocke in this book really doesn't have the history they are writing her to have with most of these characters. Her being made the leader makes zero sense because the Psylocke who has been in leadership positions with the different XS-teams was Betsy Braddock.

The whole thing is a bit of a cluster fukk if you scratch the surface of the book's concept even a little bit.

Havok's issues are due to him being inverted way back in AXIS and some of the spillage from Uncanny Avengers, right?

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Random comics stuff

* Man I miss Hickman’s “Manhattan Projects”

* Wasn’t the “Heroic Age” era dope? Cool new characters like Agent Venom, Secret Avengers series, The X-Men becoming an army,

* I hate how these recent DC runs portray Joker as a elite level genius who’s now able to outsmart Lex Luther. It’s stupid.

* I got a bad feeling “Batman Who Laughs” aka “Dr. Manhattan Who Laughs” is somehow gonna survive the end of “Death Metal”.

* It’s sad how characters fall by tha wayside after a certain writer makes them interesting: Taskmaster, Eric O’Grady, Catman, The OG Secret Warriors team, Agent Venom, Hyperion, Scandal Savage, Sodam Yat, Superboy Prime, That group of D-list villains who beat Human Torch into a coma and stole the Cosmic Key during “Dark Reign”.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Random comics stuff

* Man I miss Hickman’s “Manhattan Projects”

* Wasn’t the “Heroic Age” era dope? Cool new characters like Agent Venom, Secret Avengers series, The X-Men becoming an army,

* I hate how these recent DC runs portray Joker as a elite level genius who’s now able to outsmart Lex Luther. It’s stupid.

* I got a bad feeling “Batman Who Laughs” aka “Dr. Manhattan Who Laughs” is somehow gonna survive the end of “Death Metal”.

* It’s sad how characters fall by tha wayside after a certain writer makes them interesting: Taskmaster, Eric O’Grady, Catman, The OG Secret Warriors team, Agent Venom, Hyperion, Scandal Savage, Sodam Yat, Superboy Prime, That group of D-list villains who beat Human Torch into a coma and stole the Cosmic Key during “Dark Reign”.

I miss Agent Venom too :mjcry:
Donny Cates has been killing it on Venom now though he's really made Eddie a 3D character.