Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
maxresdefault.jpg

So EMPYRE is going to finally get started officially in 2 weeks and Newsarama did a write up about it. This part was what I found most intersting:

Empyre will engulf the entire Marvel Universe, but the conflict is centered on the classic enemies of the Kree and Skrull, the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four. But not all the heroes are on the same side.

Hulkling, a former Avenger, is of course now the leader of Earth’s greatest enemies which will almost certainly put him in conflict with his longtime boyfriend (but now ex) Wiccan, also an Avenger (and the son of Vision and Scarlet Witch, two Avengers who were central in 'Kree/Skrull War'). It's been hinted that Wiccan will trade sides in the conflict, with Empyre #4 specifically solicited to reveal at least one such turncoat on the Earth side.

Meanwhile, Carol Danvers — herself genetically part Kree though raised on Earth – will serve as the Kree Empire’s Supreme Accuser, dispensing Kree justice and splitting her loyalties in potentially Earth-shattering ways. She'll also apparently recruit more Marvel heroes to the cause — though it seems this may be part of her plan to defend Earth.

And the Kree and Skrull aren’t the only things complicating the galactic stage — the Celestial Madonna, Mantis, is also arising to claim her destiny alongside the Celestial Messiah of the Cotati, who once shared the land of Hala with the Kree but who are now limited to just a few in number.

All of this means Earth is in the balance, with only the Avengers and FF to stand in the way – and they don’t all necessarily agree on how things should go down.

Empyre #1 is due out on July 15.

Full article: How Empyre unites the Kree and Skrull to conquer the Marvel Universe | GamesRadar+

Dan Slott and Al Ewing are going to have to do a shyt ton of work to explain all the shifting alleghiances and motivations that established characters are showing in this story. Just explaining how Hulkling goes from living his best gay life with Wiccan in a 1 bedroom apartment in New York to becoming the emperor of the united Kree-Skrull empires is going to take a whole issue.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
If you say you're going to shut the f*ck up, then shut the f*ck up.
8Ce2Afj.png

You can say fukk weirdo, I know you're momma's about to bring your pop tarts, but you don't have to censor yourself on here :pachaha:

nah but seriously this is beyond weird, get your last word in i'm out.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
maxresdefault.jpg

So EMPYRE is going to finally get started officially in 2 weeks and Newsarama did a write up about it. This part was what I found most intersting:

Empyre will engulf the entire Marvel Universe, but the conflict is centered on the classic enemies of the Kree and Skrull, the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four. But not all the heroes are on the same side.

Hulkling, a former Avenger, is of course now the leader of Earth’s greatest enemies which will almost certainly put him in conflict with his longtime boyfriend (but now ex) Wiccan, also an Avenger (and the son of Vision and Scarlet Witch, two Avengers who were central in 'Kree/Skrull War'). It's been hinted that Wiccan will trade sides in the conflict, with Empyre #4 specifically solicited to reveal at least one such turncoat on the Earth side.

Meanwhile, Carol Danvers — herself genetically part Kree though raised on Earth – will serve as the Kree Empire’s Supreme Accuser, dispensing Kree justice and splitting her loyalties in potentially Earth-shattering ways. She'll also apparently recruit more Marvel heroes to the cause — though it seems this may be part of her plan to defend Earth.

And the Kree and Skrull aren’t the only things complicating the galactic stage — the Celestial Madonna, Mantis, is also arising to claim her destiny alongside the Celestial Messiah of the Cotati, who once shared the land of Hala with the Kree but who are now limited to just a few in number.

All of this means Earth is in the balance, with only the Avengers and FF to stand in the way – and they don’t all necessarily agree on how things should go down.

Full article: How Empyre unites the Kree and Skrull to conquer the Marvel Universe | GamesRadar+

Dan Slott and Al Ewing are going to have to do a shyt ton of work to explain all the shifting alleghiances and motivations that established characters are showing in this story. Just explaining how Hulkling goes from living his best gay life with Wiccan in a 1 bedroom apartment in New York to becoming the emperor of the united Kree-Skrull empires is going to take a whole issue.

I like Al Ewing but Civil War...IN SPACE doesn't sound compelling at first glance :patrice:

I read the Avengers #0 tie-in preview and it was fine.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
maxresdefault.jpg

I was kinda hoping we'd have a longer break from the "hero vs hero" events

parallax

Superstar
Daps
maxresdefault.jpg

why is rhodey still fukking with her? last time he did she got him killed. and everytime i see hazmat i get pissed that mettle got clipped along with the way arena ended

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
why is rhodey still fukking with her? last time he did she got him killed. and everytime i see hazmat i get pissed that mettle got clipped along with the way arena ended
Arena might have pissed me off more than any comic book I have read in years.