Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Can Empyre start so I can get my Hickam fix? :unimpressed: fukking event being delayed also delayed the X-Men tie ins so the wait is even longer :martin:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don’t even bother to read JL Odyssey anymore. :unimpressed:

I plan on buying the issues when they’re in cheap boxes, So I’ll just hold off on actually reading the last few issues. (I hope it ends soon.) Until then, I’ll just look at the art and read a panel or 2.
It is the textbook case for a writer not knowing how to edit himself. This whole thing is like 10 issues past it's sell-by date and needs to be wrapped up ASAP.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Batman #92 was good. Tynion has really injected a more fun energy into the book than King's eventually navel-gazing energy was and I loved the first interaction between Harley Quinn and Punchline.
EaK1ZawWsAEZHwg

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t even bother to read JL Odyssey anymore. :unimpressed:

I plan on buying the issues when they’re in cheap boxes, So I’ll just hold off on actually reading the last few issues. (I hope it ends soon.) Until then, I’ll just look at the art and read a panel or 2.

It is the textbook case for a writer not knowing how to edit himself. This whole thing is like 10 issues past it's sell-by date and needs to be wrapped up ASAP.

They have been trying to plant seeds for the next crisis, but I think the combination of DiDio getting fired/ Doomsday Clock delays/5G being scrapped/ Death Metal changing has had the book in a weird holding pattern.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC Comics celebrating first appearance of Batman with 144-page ‘Detective Comics’ #1027

Chip Zdarsky working on a story with Matt Fraction for Detective Comics #1027. :ohhh:

This is the second DC book he's been announced to be working on (after the Dark Nights: Death Metal sourcebook). If DC grabs Zdarsky for even a non-exclusive deal, that would be such a great get.

A Chip Zdarsky run on Nightwing or Green Arrow would be :wow:. Could even give him Flash since Williamson is leaving in September.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC Comics celebrating first appearance of Batman with 144-page ‘Detective Comics’ #1027

Chip Zdarsky working on a story with Matt Fraction for Detective Comics #1027. :ohhh:

This is the second DC book he's been announced to be working on (after the Dark Nights: Death Metal sourcebook). If DC grabs Zdarsky for even a non-exclusive deal, that would be such a great get.

A Chip Zdarsky run on Nightwing or Green Arrow would be :wow:. Could even give him Flash since Williamson is leaving in September.
Zdarsky on Nightwing would be great especially after the terrible Ric Grayson bullshyt that has been going of for what feels like 100 years.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Excalibur was good I guess.... but I feel like I missed an issue or some shyt. London under attack? 1980's like Mutie hate propaganda? they're not in Otherworld? What's Kate doing there? Get it together, Editorial. I don't wanna see this turn into a "Mutant Lives Matter" type thing.

New Mutants: :francis:. First :francis: issue.

Daredevil: Chip killing this shyt. Imagine this whole run on Netflix. Did they ever show Matt swatting bullets on netflix?

The Death of Nancy Drew: I'm a HUGE fan of these Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew comics. I think I posted about The Big Lie twice. Best original noir comics since Madrox solo limited series (Parker:The Hunter owns tht crown, but it's not original)

Tom Taylor got a Hellblazer story on deck. I can't wait. :mjlit:

HB-RF-Cov-01_5ee13e5c359962.50314238.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They have been trying to plant seeds for the next crisis, but I think the combination of DiDio getting fired/ Doomsday Clock delays/5G being scrapped/ Death Metal changing has had the book in a weird holding pattern.

Thought they were still going through with 5G, just with changes?

Also what happened with Death Metal? you got any links?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
haven't been keepin up.. any new X-men issues release?

Marauders (two weeks ago), New Mutants and Excalibur. I tried to jump back to the last two but their current stories are meh to me. Will check out Marauders soon though.

X-Men #10 is scheduled for July 29th due to the delay of the Empyre event :francis:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Excalibur was good I guess.... but I feel like I missed an issue or some shyt. London under attack? 1980's like Mutie hate propaganda? they're not in Otherworld? What's Kate doing there? Get it together, Editorial. I don't wanna see this turn into a "Mutant Lives Matter" type thing.

New Mutants: :francis:. First :francis: issue.

Daredevil: Chip killing this shyt. Imagine this whole run on Netflix. Did they ever show Matt swatting bullets on netflix?

The Death of Nancy Drew: I'm a HUGE fan of these Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew comics. I think I posted about The Big Lie twice. Best original noir comics since Madrox solo limited series (Parker:The Hunter owns tht crown, but it's not original)

Tom Taylor got a Hellblazer story on deck. I can't wait. :mjlit:

HB-RF-Cov-01_5ee13e5c359962.50314238.jpg
I'm really looking forward to that Black Label Constantine series by Tom Taylor and Darick Robertson.