Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I put money on any of you muthafukkas doing your thing.
Doesnt matter if its popping.
If its wack.
You have to have that confidence in yourself to know that you can do this shyt.
I believe in all of you.
Yall are some of the most creative people ive seen on the nets!
I appreciate yall man.
Cause ive seen some dope ass shyt on here.
And yall shoukd be proud.
Ima always rep for yall.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't start out that way (I really don't remember when all the Egyptian mythology stuff got introduced into his backstory); in his first appearance he was just some mercenary that this group called The Committee hired to take out Werewolf by Night.

The Moon Knight costume and name wasn't even his. The Committee gave him the name and the suit.

87b4aGc.jpg

oc4kpyt.jpg
I'm finishing up the first Epic Collection on Moon Knight and the current take on him is way different from what he was. Not sure if it's due to a misunderstanding of the character or they just wanted to switch it up.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
DC dumped Diamond

DC Cuts Ties with Diamond Comic Distributors

The publisher will no longer distribute through the industry leader in comics distribution.

In a seismic shift for the comic book industry, DC has cut ties with Diamond Comics Distributors. The announcement was made via an email to retailers sent Friday morning, with the company telling customers that all orders for DC product will be fulfilled by Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors for periodical releases and Penguin Random House for graphic novels and collected editions.

An email sent to retailers explained, “We recognize that, to many of you, this may seem like a momentous decision. However, we can assure you that this change in DC's distribution plans has not been made lightly and follows a long period of thought and consideration. The change of direction is in line with DC's overall strategic vision intended to improve the health of, and strengthen, the Direct Market as well as grow the number of fans who read comics worldwide.”

The message continued, “In the near term, Diamond will only be fulfilling orders placed through June 1 Final Order Cut-Off and will not solicit the sale of new DC titles further. To ensure a smooth transition for retailers, DC will suspend Final Order Cut-Off for June 8, making those books available to order on Final Order Cut-Off on June 15.”

A spokesperson from DC told The Hollywood Reporter, “After 25 years, DC and Diamond Comic Distributors are ending their long-standing relationship. Moving forward, comic book retailers can obtain their DC books from Penguin Random House, or their books and periodicals through Lunar or UCS comic book distributors. DC continues to be committed to providing the Direct Market with best in class service and the fans with the world’s greatest comic books.”

DC’s periodical product had, until earlier this year, been exclusively distributed by Diamond Comics Distributors, which holds a virtual monopoly on comic book distribution in the North American market. Following Diamond’s decision to close down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in mid-March, followed by Diamond announcing that it would withhold payment to publishers, citing cash flow problems, DC announced plans to find alternative distribution.

The company eventually settled on two newly created companies — Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors — to handle periodical distribution while Diamond was closed. All parties involved, including DC and Diamond, publicly stated that DC would continue to release product through Diamond when the latter resumed distribution in late May.

DC parting ways with Diamond means that the latter loses the second biggest publisher in the North American market, responsible for roughly 30 percent of the entire market in 2019. It’s a significant blow to the distribution company as it re-opens after two months, especially with publishers across the line significantly pulling back on releases in the wake of coronavirus closures and furloughs of their own.

THR has reached out to Diamond for comment.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
DC dumped Diamond

DC Cuts Ties with Diamond Comic Distributors

The publisher will no longer distribute through the industry leader in comics distribution.

In a seismic shift for the comic book industry, DC has cut ties with Diamond Comics Distributors. The announcement was made via an email to retailers sent Friday morning, with the company telling customers that all orders for DC product will be fulfilled by Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors for periodical releases and Penguin Random House for graphic novels and collected editions.

An email sent to retailers explained, “We recognize that, to many of you, this may seem like a momentous decision. However, we can assure you that this change in DC's distribution plans has not been made lightly and follows a long period of thought and consideration. The change of direction is in line with DC's overall strategic vision intended to improve the health of, and strengthen, the Direct Market as well as grow the number of fans who read comics worldwide.”

The message continued, “In the near term, Diamond will only be fulfilling orders placed through June 1 Final Order Cut-Off and will not solicit the sale of new DC titles further. To ensure a smooth transition for retailers, DC will suspend Final Order Cut-Off for June 8, making those books available to order on Final Order Cut-Off on June 15.”

A spokesperson from DC told The Hollywood Reporter, “After 25 years, DC and Diamond Comic Distributors are ending their long-standing relationship. Moving forward, comic book retailers can obtain their DC books from Penguin Random House, or their books and periodicals through Lunar or UCS comic book distributors. DC continues to be committed to providing the Direct Market with best in class service and the fans with the world’s greatest comic books.”

DC’s periodical product had, until earlier this year, been exclusively distributed by Diamond Comics Distributors, which holds a virtual monopoly on comic book distribution in the North American market. Following Diamond’s decision to close down as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in mid-March, followed by Diamond announcing that it would withhold payment to publishers, citing cash flow problems, DC announced plans to find alternative distribution.

The company eventually settled on two newly created companies — Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors — to handle periodical distribution while Diamond was closed. All parties involved, including DC and Diamond, publicly stated that DC would continue to release product through Diamond when the latter resumed distribution in late May.

DC parting ways with Diamond means that the latter loses the second biggest publisher in the North American market, responsible for roughly 30 percent of the entire market in 2019. It’s a significant blow to the distribution company as it re-opens after two months, especially with publishers across the line significantly pulling back on releases in the wake of coronavirus closures and furloughs of their own.

THR has reached out to Diamond for comment.

:whoo:

Always thought it would have been a serious digital push that would have caused this sort of shyt..

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
There is a really good crossover between Outer Darkness and Chew that's going on right now.

ESS9_rqXcAAJnu5
Im see if my local shop haves it tomorrow.
We had print but they sold out. I have more people interested in digital copies. So we haven't re-up'd yet.

Oh ok. Let me know when issue 2 drop as well then bruh.

I'm thinking about copping but I couldn't imagine getting caught red handed reading a physical in person personally :dead:

Lol I felt that same way when i bought Sex Criminals comic.