Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
We don't know very much at this point. We pretty much just have rumors that the current heroes will be aged up and new heroes will take their place. So the rumors are

Jon Kent as Superman
Luke Fox as Batman
Sojourner Muellin (from Far Sector) as Green Lantern
Captain Cold's son as Flash
A 'non-binary' Wonder Woman
Wally West as the 'new Doctor Manhattan' (that one's confirmed by a press release)

This all sounds like a shytty enough idea as it is but Luke Fox as Batman? Over Damian, Tim and even dikk? :mindblown:

And :dead:@ the idea of the awfully shytty character from that immensily shytty Far Sector book being pushed hard.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pull list for this week:

Batman: Pennyworth RIP
Flash #88
Wonder Woman #751
Reaver Vol. 1
Space Bandits Vol. 1
Amazing Spider-Man #39
Immortal Hulk #31
X-Force #7
X-Men #6
Doctor Who The Thirteenth Doctor Season Two #2

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Jon Kent as Superman
Luke Fox as Batman
Sojourner Muellin (from Far Sector) as Green Lantern
Captain Cold's son as Flash
A 'non-binary' Wonder Woman
Wally West as the 'new Doctor Manhattan' (that one's confirmed by a press release)
There promos for this? I might tune in just for my boy Luke.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Marvel is reprinting DD omnibus vol. 2 by Bendis. I have the first one and thought it was good, but not hype worthy good. Should i even bother buying it In the future?

Vol 1 ended with Kingpin going blind? I think. I recall DD taking over as a “boss.”
Yes. Get it. This is the comic series that got me back into comics. Buy it and thank me later. It gets crazy.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can y'all break down what exactly is this 5G event DC is planning?

What's the 5G shyt about? I never bothered to look into it.

The particulars of the 5G stuff are all just rumors but the basic gist of the whole thing is DC creating a bible of their timeline that includes everything that came before.
1st Generation: The intro of superheroes/Golden Age WW2 era
2nd Generation: The debut of Superman kicks this one off
3rd Generation: The Event Generation which covers from The Crisis on Infinite Earths to Flashpoint
4th Generation: What's happening currently in the DCU
5th Generation: The future of the DCU

The one concrete change to the DCU history is that Wonder Woman will be the first hero presumably to line things up with the way the DC movie universe of superheroes began. Wonder Woman's intro story was in Wonder Woman #750 (a return to the books original numbering too).

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Here's the story in case you didn't read that WW #750 that changes who the 1st superhero was in the DCU:

AsuHuMQ.jpg

BDNksqT.jpg

voJY6YH.jpg

FJ95oeb.jpg

lchirJp.jpg

H743UrS.jpg

kRwZikL.jpg

vND4s6U.jpg

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't know what Prof. X and Magneto was thinking double-crossing Mystique. They should've just bushed her for good like they did Sabretooth because they are fukking with the wrong one.
She'd gladly see every mutant alive dead just to get revenge. She's never been moved by the cause like those two are to their core.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't know what Prof. X and Magneto was thinking double-crossing Mystique. They should've just bushed her for good like they did Sabretooth because they are fukking with the wrong one.
She'd gladly see every mutant alive dead just to get revenge. She's never been moved by the cause like those two are to their core.
They should kill her. If it's one character they should kill.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They should kill her. If it's one character they should kill.
They had three options...kill her before they started their plan, follow through with the deal they made with her or just leave her out of it entirely.
Promising to bring back Destiny if Mystique ran the errands they wanted her to do with no intention of ever following through was a bad call and makes whatever she does to them to all their own fault.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
They had three options...kill her before they started their plan, follow through with the deal they made with her or just leave her out of it entirely.
Promising to bring back Destiny if Mystique ran the errands they wanted her to do with no intention of ever following through was a bad call and makes whatever she does to them to all their own fault.
Wonder if Nur will intervene ?

parallax

Superstar
Daps

max and charles tried good, but did a bunch wrong. throwing victor in that pit instead of some standard prison or killing him is gonna make him go apeshyt when he gets free. trying mystique when they should have left her alone because like mentioned, she doesnt give a shyt since shes already broken, giving keys to the kingdom to some already fukked up beings that youve had to fight before because of it. i mean exodus and apoc are talking? jamie braddock on the throne in avalon? none of this is concerning to anyone?(outside of gambit. which is also gonna come back to bite betty in the ass).

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
X-Men #6 :banderas:

Liked the little touch of explaining what was Mystique doing on their suicide mission when she was late and was then bushed to space.

Considering how Moira is terrified of Destiny and how much Mystique wants her back, it's pretty obvious that Chuck and Magneto need her for something we don't know yet - and we've already seen those two have gone into business for themselves without Moira's approval - otherswise there's literally no reason to risk everything over her doing these errands.

Of course shyt will blow up on their faces but there's certainly some bigger scheme we don't know about.

PS: I still don't like how humanity is so fukking smart and competent that they've already close to get Orchis back to being a huge threat. It's been like 4 months since the mutants blew that program up :why:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Liked the little touch of explaining what was Mystique doing on their suicide mission when she was late and was then bushed to space.

Considering how Moira is terrified of Destiny and how much Mystique wants her back, it's pretty obvious that Chuck and Magneto need her for something we don't know yet - and we've already seen those two have gone into business for themselves without Moira's approval - otherswise there's literally no reason to risk everything over her doing these errands.

Of course shyt will blow up on their faces but there's certainly some bigger scheme we don't know about.

PS: I still don't like how humanity is so fukking smart and competent that they've already close to get Orchis back to being a huge threat. It's been like 4 months since the mutants blew that program up :why:
I don't think there is anything more to them having Mystique around than them keeping a wild card close where they can control her actions.
She is going to be up to all sorts of scheming to try and get Destiny resurrected on her own guaranteed.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I mean they didn’t kill the actual scientist who ran the program, or even his assistant. Though I don’t think they believe they can stop nimrod from existing, it was more about delaying it and giving themselves time to set up Krakoa.