Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't think there is anything more to them having Mystique around than them keeping a wild card close where they can control her actions.
She is going to be up to all sorts of scheming to try and get Destiny resurrected on her own guaranteed.

I'd be surprised if a dude that likes to save shyt and reveal it later like Hickman would treat such a huge plot line like this Mystique one as a "yeah Chuck and Mags didn't see this one coming".

Moira already called them out on this and the danger Mystique poses to their whole plan. Xaver and Magneto have something up their sleaves. It might not actually work, but I think they do have some big scheme that involves Mystique (and/or Destiny) somehow.

I mean they didn’t kill the actual scientist who ran the program, or even his assistant. Though I don’t think they believe they can stop nimrod from existing, it was more about delaying it and giving themselves time to set up Krakoa.

I get that but they went into a damn suicide mission to drop Mothermold to the sun. For humanity to be so damn prepared, to the point they are already back to Sentinel fukkery, Nimrod and the whole base as good as new is :comeon: to me. Humans are too damn awesome and smart so far in DoX :yeshrug:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'd be surprised if a dude that likes to save shyt and reveal it later like Hickman would treat such a huge plot line like this Mystique one as a "yeah Chuck and Mags didn't see this one coming".

Moira already called them out on this and the danger Mystique poses to their whole plan. Xaver and Magneto have something up their sleaves. It might not actually work, but I think they do have some big scheme that involves Mystique (and/or Destiny) somehow.

I get that but they went into a damn suicide mission to drop Mothermold to the sun. For humanity to be so damn prepared, to the point they are already back to Sentinel fukkery, Nimrod and the whole base as good as new is :comeon: to me. Humans are too damn awesome and smart so far in DoX :yeshrug:

fukk around Destiny is alive and they have her hidden. Hell I could see that being why Xavier and Magneto is so cocky. They think they know the endgame

Also I agree on Mastermold, this reveal should have been later, nearer to the end game, but I get it. It shows how normal humans could be a legitimate threat to mutants. Viciousness and smart enough to cause more evil than good. Just relentlessly sprinting to their own doom cause of hate, fear, and ignorance ...... it feels accurate to who we are as a species.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I'm thinking whatever happens with Mystique is going to be part of Hickman's showing how Prof. X and Magneto's hubris ends up causing them to fail.
They think because they were warned by Moira about how dangerous Destiny is to their plans that by never bringing her back they have removed that danger from the board and by stringing Mystique along with the one thing she desires more than anything else they can control the wildcard aspect that Mystique brings to things.
Mystique being forewarned by Destiny that they could doublecross her is what they haven't factored into their plans and they are both being very smug about Mystique's place in their little mutant Kingdom as if she isn't seen by them as someone they need to overly concern themselves with because they think they have her leashed with the Destiny promise. So when she does whatever she is going to do they will be caught totally unaware.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Savage avengers is giving Brother Voodoo the :mjpls: treatment. He starts off allowing himself to be kidnapped, then he takes a knife to the chest throat and wolverine saves him and now he's a damsel in distress for Dr Strange to save.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Savage avengers is giving Brother Voodoo the :mjpls: treatment. He starts off allowing himself to be kidnapped, then he takes a knife to the chest and now he's a damsel in distress for Dr Strange to save.
Completely forgot about the issue. Ima just drop it. shyt is underwhelming.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm thinking whatever happens with Mystique is going to be part of Hickman's showing how Prof. X and Magneto's hubris ends up causing them to fail.
They think because they were warned by Moira about how dangerous Destiny is to their plans that by never bringing her back they have removed that danger from the board and by stringing Mystique along with the one thing she desires more than anything else they can control the wildcard aspect that Mystique brings to things.
Mystique being forewarned by Destiny that they could doublecross her is what they haven't factored into their plans and they are both being very smug about Mystique's place in their little mutant Kingdom as if she isn't seen by them as someone they need to overly concern themselves with because they think they have her leashed with the Destiny promise. So when she does whatever she is going to do they will be caught totally unaware.

Someone brought up a good point on another forum. Why would Moira be scared of Destiny (and other precogs) unless she is plotting to do something to hurt Mutants? Wouldn’t that be the best tool to have as they go about trying to do a perfect run?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Someone brought up a good point on another forum. Why would Moira be scared of Destiny (and other precogs) unless she is plotting to do something to hurt Mutants? Wouldn’t that be the best tool to have as they go about trying to do a perfect run?

I think she was just traumatized after being burned alive. Destiny wanted to leave a mark on her so she wouldn't hurt mutants no more. I think she succeeded in that. If Moira actually wants to fukk mutankind over, I don't think she would go into all the trouble of Life 6 and 9...unless she's just insane. Which is possible by the way, I guess we'll learn more on the Moira book that's coming in a couple of months.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think she was just traumatized after being burned alive. Destiny wanted to leave a mark on her so she wouldn't hurt mutants no more. I think she succeeded in that. If Moira actually wants to fukk mutankind over, I don't think she would go into all the trouble of Life 6 and 9...unless she's just insane. Which is possible by the way, I guess we'll learn more on the Moira book that's coming in a couple of months.

I was think maybe her and Xavier try to switch it so Mutants are the species that join the Phalanx

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Good question. Why would Destiny ruin a mutant utopia?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Yeah I could see Moira being traumatized since Destiny had her burned slow.. so you gotta figure there is resentment there. But there also has to be something else there.. because she don't want Blindfold there either.

I was think maybe her and Xavier try to switch it so Mutants are the species that join the Phalanx

I had that same feeling at the end of HoX/PoX. Still screwed, but not screwed like mutants usually end up being. A screwed that could maybe be accepted :manny: