Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
when youre a guest in someones house, you abide by the rules. outside of the being better than humans talk, which charles should have checked him on if they were coming in peace, deciding fukk this and talking to franklin directly is what got the party started. doesnt help that the xmen dont have the best track record when it comes to keeping their own safe, which was really an odd point for max to bring up, since we can go down the line with the FF and xmen and count who had a bigger burial site. another thing is why was wolverine so hyped to fight the FF? he was a member of the new FF, you think he would be more reluctant

Wolverine been on so many teams it means nothing to him. He was out there solo fighting the X-Men with the Avenger trying to kill the Phoenix a few years ago

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
but that exact same logic applies to Israel especially the early part of its history. Why would the Jews all get together in one place after the holocaust sounds like a bad idea especially with all your neighbors hating you and thinking you shouldn’t exist. Sounds like your painting a target on your back got to stay away from that. That is all I’m pointing to, it come across ignorant of Ben’s background.
Ben isn't an Israeli though. He's an American of Jewish descent who was born and raised on the Lower East Side. We have no clue what Ben thinks of Israel because I haven't seen any comic books where he was touting that as a great model for a segment of the world's population while shytting on Krakoa.

Also Israel isn't the same as Krakoa...every Jewish person on the planet didn't move to Israel after WW2 and all the Jews in the world aren't relocating to Israel now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC has an issue with Legacies. If they don't kill off the originals or retire them the youngstar will be left treading water.
Nah, DC was handling the different generations of heroes really well for a very long time.

Geoff Johns has an issue with legacies when it comes to his faves and Hal Jordan & Barry Allen are his faves so he got to bench Wally West and Kyle Rayner to bring the old guys back to prominence.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Nah, DC was handling the different generations of heroes really well for a very long time.

Geoff Johns has an issue with legacies when it comes to his faves and Hal Jordan & Barry Allen are his faves so he got to bench Wally West and Kyle Rayner to bring the old guys back to prominence.

Yep.

This shyt is on Johns

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Ben isn't an Israeli though. He's an American of Jewish descent who was born and raised on the Lower East Side. We have no clue what Ben thinks of Israel because I haven't seen any comic books where he was touting that as a great model for a segment of the world's population while shytting on Krakoa.

Also Israel isn't the same as Krakoa...every Jewish person on the planet didn't move to Israel after WW2 and all the Jews in the world aren't relocating to Israel now.

The American Jewish population tends to be the largest supporters of Israel. Just looking at typical political sentiments of the Jewish population it wouldn’t be a stretch to say odds are he is a supporter of a Jewish homeland.

the early Israel population was made up of mostly foreign Jews that survived the holocaust it and many American Jews visit due to their birthright program that allows people of Jews decent from around the world to visit for free once a year. With many Jews from America retiring their later on.

the end goal of Israel is to get the entire Jewish populace their in one country and while many mutants have chosen to move their they are free to go as they please and don’t have to live their if they don’t want to like leech who is with the future foundation.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
While we're on the subject of DC, that whole Doom/Apex Lex shyt done?

Well anyway about Marauders, which I think is the best book to come out of HoX/PoX

Kitty definitely ain't dead, since Frost is usually in contact with her. And Frost was letting Shaw know. Lockheed shouldn't be either, since his got 5 longs

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The Flash Becomes the New Doctor Manhattan in DC's Generation Zero - IGN

Dubbed "Flash Forward: Epilogue," this story explores the aftermath of writer Scott Lobdell and artist Brett Booth's Flash Forward miniseries. It seems Wally will come into possession of Metron's Mobius Chair as part of a cosmic bargain to restore his family's existence. Like Batman before him, the chair grants Wally the New God's powers of omniscience. When the Mobius Chair was last seen in 2016's Justice League #50, Metron had just been disintegrated by Doctor Manhattan. Because of that, the chair is now also imbued with Manhattan's power, transforming Wally into a godlike being who can not only see past, present and future, but alter them. In effect, Wally is the new Doctor Manhattan. He even has a new blue costume to match.

:wtf: Wally
:gucci:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all tripping over that Wally shyt but the Mobius chair has been an unresolved plotline since Darkseid War.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
My fav scene in the latest Daredevil issue
84915860_10102236760646242_3529983347990200320_o.jpg

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:. DC's editorial isn't even trying anymore. This week's Justice League is a mess, and it doesn't fit anywhere in the timeline:

The Justice League went off to find another way to stop Perpetua in issue 39, the final issue of Snyder and Tynion's run. This week's issue, issue 40, written by Robert Venditti, was supposedly set before Snyder's run, according to Snyder himself.

Except it can't be because they have the Hall of Justice and John Stewart is on the team, and both of those happened in the first arc of Snyder's run. Plus there's no mention of Cyborg or Aquaman, so it would presumably take place between Drowned Earth and the Sixth Dimension storylines, before we truly learn about Perpetua.

But that doesn't work either because they mention Superman revealing his identity to the world, which happened right around the start of the Doom War.

They also imply the Flash is hesitant to use his speed force powers, presumably because of the 'Super Saiyan' arc that just wrapped up in Flash, but was set during the Doom War.

But the worst part is Batman calls Alfred, which would mean it was set before City of Bane, but on the very next page Superman says Alfred is dead. :mindblown: Jesus Christ, how hard was it to just edit that one panel of Alfred and replace him with Lucius? :why:

I just can't with DC Comics right now. I say this every three months, I have no idea what's going on with them right now. I would say that next Crisis can't get here fast enough, but we now 5G is coming right after. :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:snoop:. DC's editorial isn't even trying anymore. This week's Justice League is a mess, and it doesn't fit anywhere in the timeline:

The Justice League went off to find another way to stop Perpetua in issue 39, the final issue of Snyder and Tynion's run. This week's issue, issue 40, written by Robert Venditti, was supposedly set before Snyder's run, according to Snyder himself.

Except it can't be because they have the Hall of Justice and John Stewart is on the team, and both of those happened in the first arc of Snyder's run. Plus there's no mention of Cyborg or Aquaman, so it would presumably take place between Drowned Earth and the Sixth Dimension storylines, before we truly learn about Perpetua.

But that doesn't work either because they mention Superman revealing his identity to the world, which happened right around the start of the Doom War.

They also imply the Flash is hesitant to use his speed force powers, presumably because of the 'Super Saiyan' arc that just wrapped up in Flash, but was set during the Doom War.

But the worst part is Batman calls Alfred, which would mean it was set before City of Bane, but on the very next page Superman says Alfred is dead. :mindblown: Jesus Christ, how hard was it to just edit that one panel of Alfred and replace him with Lucius? :why:

I just can't with DC Comics right now. I say this every three months, I have no idea what's going on with them right now. I would say that next Crisis can't get here fast enough, but we now 5G is coming right after. :francis:

Yeah they fukked up. Gotta wonder what sells are looking like right now. If this 5G shyt doesn't work.. Dan is outta there

parallax

Superstar
Daps
is any publication excited about 5g? ive only heard negative. that doesnt bode well