Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Franklin not fukking around in FF/X-Men :wow:

"Dad's the smartest man alive. He solves the problems of the universe daily. So how is it that only two things he can't solve are you and me?

:damn:

Can't wait for Doom fukkery :blessed: specially with Valeria there.

I love Chip Zdarsky. Dude would kill it in basically every book. Would actually read Fantastic Four if he got that gig, between this and Two-In-One, he's shown he can write the shyt out of the first family.

Kitty's role made no sense whatsoever in terms of continuity though. Couldn't they get Duggan and Chip in contact or something? :francis:

Marauders was solid. I feel it's the DoX book that has had the most natural build and development out of all the other titles so far.

outside of reed not telling franklin that he chipped him again, i dont see how the mutants dont come off like villains in all this. and i honestly hope the mauraders werent doing what it appears they were at the end. because they really dont want those kinda problems on krakoa

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Franklin not fukking around in FF/X-Men :wow:

"Dad's the smartest man alive. He solves the problems of the universe daily. So how is it that only two things he can't solve are you and me?

:damn:

Can't wait for Doom fukkery :blessed: specially with Valeria there.

I love Chip Zdarsky. Dude would kill it in basically every book. Would actually read Fantastic Four if he got that gig, between this and Two-In-One, he's shown he can write the shyt out of the first family.

Kitty's role made no sense whatsoever in terms of continuity though. Couldn't they get Duggan and Chip in contact or something? :francis:

Marauders was solid. I feel it's the DoX book that has had the most natural build and development out of all the other titles so far.
I love that they aren't shying away from what a manipulative as whole Reed Richards can be.

And I have had the same thoughts about how Reed can solve every problem except for The Thing and now Franklin.

Also the Kitty/Franklin bond from the first X-Men+FF miniseries from the 80s or 90s is a cool callback. That OF mini was pretty good. If you have never read it you should check it out.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
outside of reed not telling franklin that he chipped him again, i dont see how the mutants dont come off like villains in all this. and i honestly hope the mauraders werent doing what it appears they were at the end. because they really dont want those kinda problems on krakoa
X-Men kidnapping children talking about how their superior and shyt.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

That's been their role since this new reboot though. They are basically tweeners.

Them being so antagonistic with the FF seemed to be part of a bigger plan though. Reed called Xavier out saying he was working on schedule with this sudden interest in Franklin when he could've just waited 2 years and let the kid leave by himself with (supposedly) nothing Reed and Sue could do about it.

So either Xavier (or Moira, or both) NEED Franklin's powers for something and they got scared he is losing them or something else is going on.

But regardless, showing up with fukking Magneto and Wolverine was bound to piss off Sue and the rest so I'm pretty sure that was by design. Getting Kitty there was a really dirty move by Chuck there. Basically show the kid their parents are doing too much, his father is a lost cause and that mutants have a safe place and people he can feel safe/comfortable with (Kitty).

Wouldn't shock if Valeria already figured all this shyt out already and she's going with Franklin to see what the mutants are planning :russ:

Doom fukkery should be top notch too :banderas:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
The Flash Becomes the New Doctor Manhattan in DC's Generation Zero - IGN

Dubbed "Flash Forward: Epilogue," this story explores the aftermath of writer Scott Lobdell and artist Brett Booth's Flash Forward miniseries. It seems Wally will come into possession of Metron's Mobius Chair as part of a cosmic bargain to restore his family's existence. Like Batman before him, the chair grants Wally the New God's powers of omniscience. When the Mobius Chair was last seen in 2016's Justice League #50, Metron had just been disintegrated by Doctor Manhattan. Because of that, the chair is now also imbued with Manhattan's power, transforming Wally into a godlike being who can not only see past, present and future, but alter them. In effect, Wally is the new Doctor Manhattan. He even has a new blue costume to match.

:wtf: Wally

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

I think it is a mix of things, the x-men don’t come off as villains because they don’t do anything villainous in my eyes anyway. Sue attacks magneto and starts talking about segregation when they really just offered Franklin the opportunity to come with them and figure out what is wrong with his powers.

I don’t really get Ben’s problem with Krakoa with him being Jewish and the entire purpose for Israel is that the Jews would have a homeland were atrocities like the holocaust would happen again meaning krakoa and Israel are pretty much the same thing.

Both sides weren’t acting like adults who could just have a rational conversation and let the young man decide for himself. However, it is time that Franklin does become more involved in the x-verse I mean he is in days of the future past for Christ sakes.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think it is a mix of things, the x-men don’t come off as villains because they don’t do anything villainous in my eyes anyway. Sue attacks magneto and starts talking about segregation when they really just offered Franklin the opportunity to come with them and figure out what is wrong with his powers.

I don’t really get Ben’s problem with Krakoa with him being Jewish and the entire purpose for Israel is that the Jews would have a homeland were atrocities like the holocaust would happen again meaning krakoa and Israel are pretty much the same thing.

Both sides weren’t acting like adults who could just have a rational conversation and let the young man decide for himself. However, it is time that Franklin does become more involved in the x-verse I mean he is in days of the future past for Christ sakes.
The X-Men fukked up off top by bringing Magneto with them. Mags may be cool with all of them but to most other superheroes they still look at Magneto like a villain.
And Magneto didn't help matters by coming in hot talking about mutants are above humans and then talking directly to Franklin in front of an already pissed off Sue.
Plus I think Sue was going to go HAM even if they came in there in the nicest way possible just because that's her baby.

Ben was pretty clear in his discussion with Storm though; she said millions of mutants died in Genosha and to Ben gathering all the mutants of the world in one place (a New Genosha) seems like a bad idea. So his issue isn't with a "mutant homeland" itself as much as he thinks they are painting a target on themselves and he doesn't want Franklin anywhere near it. And based on how folks have been rolling up into Krakoa left right and sideways to fukk up The X-Men, he might be right.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

disrespecting them in their home, demanding their son, spotting up mutants around their house. i dont know what they expected, but it wasnt that. sue was gonna be up in arms over her babies one way or another, and plsying that homo superior shyt wasnt gonna fly. xavier knew what he was doing with max being there. thats why he had kitty honeypot franklin.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

He is a throwaway character in 1 alternate history what difference does that make? As Reed said they already knew Franklin could go to krakoa they werent there to give him an opportunity they were going to take him.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The Flash Becomes the New Doctor Manhattan in DC's Generation Zero - IGN

Dubbed "Flash Forward: Epilogue," this story explores the aftermath of writer Scott Lobdell and artist Brett Booth's Flash Forward miniseries. It seems Wally will come into possession of Metron's Mobius Chair as part of a cosmic bargain to restore his family's existence. Like Batman before him, the chair grants Wally the New God's powers of omniscience. When the Mobius Chair was last seen in 2016's Justice League #50, Metron had just been disintegrated by Doctor Manhattan. Because of that, the chair is now also imbued with Manhattan's power, transforming Wally into a godlike being who can not only see past, present and future, but alter them. In effect, Wally is the new Doctor Manhattan. He even has a new blue costume to match.

:wtf: Wally

:dahell:

they should have just left Barry dead :snoop:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
The X-Men fukked up off top by bringing Magneto with them. Mags may be cool with all of them but to most other superheroes they still look at Magneto like a villain.
And Magneto didn't help matters by coming in hot talking about mutants are above humans and then talking directly to Franklin in front of an already pissed off Sue.
Plus I think Sue was going to go HAM even if they came in there in the nicest way possible just because that's her baby.

Ben was pretty clear in his discussion with Storm though; she said millions of mutants died in Genosha and to Ben gathering all the mutants of the world in one place (a New Genosha) seems like a bad idea. So his issue isn't with a "mutant homeland" itself as much as he thinks they are painting a target on themselves and he doesn't want Franklin anywhere near it. And based on how folks have been rolling up into Krakoa left right and sideways to fukk up The X-Men, he might be right.

but that exact same logic applies to Israel especially the early part of its history. Why would the Jews all get together in one place after the holocaust sounds like a bad idea especially with all your neighbors hating you and thinking you shouldn’t exist. Sounds like your painting a target on your back got to stay away from that. That is all I’m pointing to, it come across ignorant of Ben’s background.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
He is a throwaway character in 1 alternate history what difference does that make? As Reed said they already knew Franklin could go to krakoa they werent there to give him an opportunity they were going to take him.

it matters because every bad future that we’ve seen for mutants it has been shown Franklin was not spared. Franklin being made aware that little 4 on his chest doesn’t matter when the world knows your a mutant is something that needs to be addressed especially the FF lack of any understanding of what goes on outside their bubble.

I doubt they were going to take him but Xavier and Magento are on the quiet council so both of them where going to go together and that requires a posse they approached him because he was losing his power which means he wouldn’t be a mutant in a couple of years but a human and they want to understand how he is losing his powers and what does that mean. Also, there is no proof he could go, if reed had already masked his x-gene from the gates that could mean he never was going to allow him to go.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
disrespecting them in their home, demanding their son, spotting up mutants around their house. i dont know what they expected, but it wasnt that. sue was gonna be up in arms over her babies one way or another, and plsying that homo superior shyt wasnt gonna fly. xavier knew what he was doing with max being there. thats why he had kitty honeypot franklin.

I answered some of this with my other reply but two members of the quiet council requires security.

Sue escalated things and Xavier and Magento really didn’t even try to fight back. I understand Sue’s feelings but her and Reeds actions pushed him further towards the x-men if anything. It’s not like mutants can’t come and go from the island. I mean leech is still part of future foundation giving Franklin the freedom to spend time with people like him wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I answered some of this with my other reply but two members of the quiet council requires security.

Sue escalated things and Xavier and Magento really didn’t even try to fight back. I understand Sue’s feelings but her and Reeds actions pushed him further towards the x-men if anything. It’s not like mutants can’t come and go from the island. I mean leech is still part of future foundation giving Franklin the freedom to spend time with people like him wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

when youre a guest in someones house, you abide by the rules. outside of the being better than humans talk, which charles should have checked him on if they were coming in peace, deciding fukk this and talking to franklin directly is what got the party started. doesnt help that the xmen dont have the best track record when it comes to keeping their own safe, which was really an odd point for max to bring up, since we can go down the line with the FF and xmen and count who had a bigger burial site. another thing is why was wolverine so hyped to fight the FF? he was a member of the new FF, you think he would be more reluctant

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
it matters because every bad future that we’ve seen for mutants it has been shown Franklin was not spared. Franklin being made aware that little 4 on his chest doesn’t matter when the world knows your a mutant is something that needs to be addressed especially the FF lack of any understanding of what goes on outside their bubble.

I doubt they were going to take him but Xavier and Magento are on the quiet council so both of them where going to go together and that requires a posse they approached him because he was losing his power which means he wouldn’t be a mutant in a couple of years but a human and they want to understand how he is losing his powers and what does that mean. Also, there is no proof he could go, if reed had already masked his x-gene from the gates that could mean he never was going to allow him to go.
Never allowing him to go seems like a stretch he's a minor he doesnt freedom like that. Wether or not he loses his powers has fukk all to do with the xmens business and again in current timeline franklin lives to the end of the world with galactus regardless. Also, Magneto didnt need to be there nor do you need confront them when it is common sense that he is allowed on krakoa.