Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
it was a complete 190. I'm kinda confused.

That kinda thinking is gonna get him outplotted, though.

X-Men: It's good to see The Children of the Vault again. It's also gonna be interesting to see how that team is gonna turn out after being stuck in there for 500+ years.

I've been mostly a casual fan and never really read much X-Men besides the Messiah Complex trilogy and some big crossovers/classics.

But the little I've read in the last 7+years of Hank, he's been a pompous a$$hole so this kinda felt in character for me :heh:

Regarding the team sent to the Vault...wouldn't shock me that if they come out of there, they get euthanized so they can revive without the trauma of those 350 years :mjgrin:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Breh you've been saying this for a weeks now :dead:
tenor.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fallen Angels was legit a chore to get through. I'm happy that's over.

I haven't read the last issue yet, but everything about that book was :trash:. The characters were written horribly, the story was boring, and I cannot stress enough how terrible that art was.

shyt looked like a damn PS1 game, and there were barely any backgrounds so the characters just stood around in pitch black. How lazy and uncreative do you have to be to go with this cheap ass CGI look for the 'cyberpunk' book?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It really has taken a steep fall off the quality cliff since HoX ended and the regular books started.
Fallen Angels was legit a chore to get through. I'm happy that's over.

I stopped Fallen Angels after issue 1 but the point of this whole Dawn of X stuff is that you can have your 1-3 (or more) books and that be enough for you to get your mutant stories and have an understanding of this new "era".

House of X was a mini series, not sure why some fans expected something along those lines from a run that has multiple titles every week from a whole bunch of writers.

Now, if the criticism is about only the X-Men main book, I can totally understand being underwhelmed. Considering how Hickman loves to stretch his stories out, you are not gonna get anything as "epic" as HoX and PoX for a long while and these kind of "one of" stories each month aren't from everyone, I get that.

But again, I think the point of DoX is giving little moments here and there spread them out in different books and times. I think we'll see some cool stuff with the Franklin Richards story and the Moira X book that will come out in a couple of months. The only thing that has bothered me about this whole run in all of the books is how inept a lot mutants have been in contrast with how incredible mankind has been as soon as Krakoa was made a thing. The explanations that have been given are meh at best.

Hickman is a troll on twitter 90% of the time but I believe he was legit honest when he wrote this

:manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I stopped Fallen Angels after issue 1 but the point of this whole Dawn of X stuff is that you can have your 1-3 (or more) books and that be enough for you to get your mutant stories and have an understanding of this new "era".

House of X was a mini series, not sure why some fans expected something along those lines from a run that has multiple titles every week from a whole bunch of writers.

Now, if the criticism is about only the X-Men main book, I can totally understand being underwhelmed. Considering how Hickman loves to stretch his stories out, you are not gonna get anything as "epic" as HoX and PoX for a long while and these kind of "one of" stories each month aren't from everyone, I get that.

But again, I think the point of DoX is giving little moments here and there spread them out in different books and times. I think we'll see some cool stuff with the Franklin Richards story and the Moira X book that will come out in a couple of months. The only thing that has bothered me about this whole run in all of the books is how inept a lot mutants have been in contrast with how incredible mankind has been as soon as Krakoa was made a thing. The explanations that have been given are meh at best.

Hickman is a troll on twitter 90% of the time but I believe he was legit honest when he wrote this

:manny:

All that is well and good but when 98% of the massive output of X-stuff is either mediocre or full blown garbage then trying to be all things to all fans ends up being a spectacular failure.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
All that is well and good but when 98% of the massive output of X-stuff is either mediocre or full blown garbage then trying to be all things to all fans ends up being a spectacular failure.

They were selling well in December and the main title is still doing great. Not sure how that is a failure considering they still haven't done anything big after HoX/PoX :manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They were selling well in December and the main title is still doing great. Not sure how that is a failure considering they still haven't done anything big after HoX/PoX :manny:
I'm talking in terms of quality but if they are selling then I guess we can look forward to continued mediocrity from the X-books for years to come.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Im sorry.

I just finished "House of X" and that shyt was butt ass.

Its just corny.

I been reading comics long enough to know, yeah, these muthafukkas die and come back

But to have this weird, system put in place...

:deadmanny:

Best X-book was that last X-Force joint with Young Cable.

But im still some months behind so ill see.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I've been mostly a casual fan and never really read much X-Men besides the Messiah Complex trilogy and some big crossovers/classics.

But the little I've read in the last 7+years of Hank, he's been a pompous a$$hole so this kinda felt in character for me :heh:

Regarding the team sent to the Vault...wouldn't shock me that if they come out of there, they get euthanized so they can revive without the trauma of those 350 years :mjgrin:

Wouldn't be surprised if they do that :skip:

Don't think the CoV would kill em though

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Franklin not fukking around in FF/X-Men :wow:

"Dad's the smartest man alive. He solves the problems of the universe daily. So how is it that the only two things he can't solve are you and me?

:damn:

Can't wait for Doom fukkery :blessed: specially with Valeria there.

I love Chip Zdarsky. Dude would kill it in basically every book. Would actually read Fantastic Four if he got that gig, between this and Two-In-One, he's shown he can write the shyt out of the first family.

Kitty's role made no sense whatsoever in terms of continuity though. Couldn't they get Duggan and Chip in contact or something? :francis:

Marauders was solid. I feel it's the DoX book that has had the most natural build and development out of all the other titles so far.

Last edited: