Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
dQelXzW.jpg

aJjgr57.jpg

lJvXjrU.jpg

14ymaXw.jpg

F6qx4vZ.jpg

AGIu2LQ.jpg

eIyLRPW.jpg

duJjHEZ.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel's putting out a new WEREWOLF BY NIGHT comic with the new wolf man being Native American and the book will be written by Taboo from The Blackeyed Peas.
3PhZ01C.jpg

"The new Werewolf by Night will be a young man named Jake who will be dealing with the effects of a family curse while trying to protect his people," reads Marvel's description. "The events of the story will also be driven by the outcome of March’s Outlawed one-shot."

Set in Arizona, Werewold By Night will be told through what writer Taboo (of the Black Eyed Peas) calls "a Native lens because of my Native American heritage."

"I think Werewolf by Night is such an interesting character, a cool character. His mythology is really dope, and it was such an exciting opportunity to be able to revamp a new mythology and tie it into Native American storytelling," added co-writer Ben Jackendoff. "That's really what got us excited because they were like, ‘All right, cool. We can take the Werewolf by Night brand and stay true to the genre of it all, the creatures, the monsters, the big stuff, all that, but tie it into Native American storytelling, into a Native American background and palette, but still make it a fun adventure story about a kid.’"

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Marvel's putting out a new WEREWOLF BY NIGHT comic with the new wolf man being Native American and the book will be written by Taboo from The Blackeyed Peas.
3PhZ01C.jpg

"The new Werewolf by Night will be a young man named Jake who will be dealing with the effects of a family curse while trying to protect his people," reads Marvel's description. "The events of the story will also be driven by the outcome of March’s Outlawed one-shot."

Set in Arizona, Werewold By Night will be told through what writer Taboo (of the Black Eyed Peas) calls "a Native lens because of my Native American heritage."

"I think Werewolf by Night is such an interesting character, a cool character. His mythology is really dope, and it was such an exciting opportunity to be able to revamp a new mythology and tie it into Native American storytelling," added co-writer Ben Jackendoff. "That's really what got us excited because they were like, ‘All right, cool. We can take the Werewolf by Night brand and stay true to the genre of it all, the creatures, the monsters, the big stuff, all that, but tie it into Native American storytelling, into a Native American background and palette, but still make it a fun adventure story about a kid.’"

You know what? I'll take it. I loved the werewolf by night series and all the native American characters in marvel seem to get shafted or their books cancelled. I kinda wish it was a bit of a horror story, but if it works, kudos

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
You know what? I'll take it. I loved the werewolf by night series and all the native American characters in marvel seem to get shafted or their books cancelled. I kinda wish it was a bit of a horror story, but if it works, kudos
shyt.
I'll def support it.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Marauders :whew:

My favorite dawn of X issue so far.
It nice seeing Sebastian Shaw being Sebastian Shaw (who knows what Apocalypse is doing nowadays)
He called Kitty a half mutant, is that really a thing?
Still don't like those Hellfire Club kids though.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
My favorite dawn of X issue so far.
It nice seeing Sebastian Shaw being Sebastian Shaw (who knows what Apocalypse is doing nowadays)
He called Kitty a half mutant, is that really a thing?
Still don't like those Hellfire Club kids though.

I was thinking she was a Neo when they revealed she couldn't go through the portals. They're kinda mutants, but not.

I posted a page of Logan maybe seeing Kitty being switched out at birth after I saw that first issue where she couldn't go through the Krakoa portals.

1KqwPHSpmyiveKKhxjLKbV_lwxHLvYaq2aQqjQaLVqx_SrgQzrsBcdz7V5ZNYSsRZ-EI7VoqDwrfIDoWuZol21QmSOjxqc8QelB0pqFC90M5CPEFIzifjXkOuumKHJX9JBzac0u9Qg=s1600

I think only one or two people here knew what I was getting at, though :pachaha:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking she was a Neo when they revealed she couldn't go through the portals. They're kinda mutants, but not.

I posted a page of Logan maybe seeing Kitty being switched out at birth after I saw that first issue where she couldn't go through the Krakoa portals.

1KqwPHSpmyiveKKhxjLKbV_lwxHLvYaq2aQqjQaLVqx_SrgQzrsBcdz7V5ZNYSsRZ-EI7VoqDwrfIDoWuZol21QmSOjxqc8QelB0pqFC90M5CPEFIzifjXkOuumKHJX9JBzac0u9Qg=s1600

I think only one or two people here knew what I was getting at, though :pachaha:

:ohhh: Dapped and Repped!!!