Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
they want to lead world influence. if that becomes a problem, then theyll have to deal or take their ball and go home. and since mutants dont like being told no(mainly the ones leading) theyll most likely have to deal.
It's doubtful they'll have any influence in Wakanda. If at all. I don't think they'd want to start a war with a country with galactic weaponry.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
still in late September on MARVEL comics.

best joints...

daredevil (duh!)
ms.marvel (of course!)

ironheart
miles spidey
amazing spidey
champions
venom
that carnage shyt been kinda ill
moon girl still funny
superior spidey low key been ill as fukk!
and Black Panther is still pretty cool imo.
MARVEL got some shyt for your bytchass

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Am I the only one who doesn't like to read minis? Any time I see a (of 5) or (of 6) I immediately give a book the :camby:, especially for creator-owned stuff.

We live in an era where American comics pretty much only exist to be a storyboard for film and TV. Couple that with the era of decompressed storytelling, and most of these minis that come out just feel like pilots for an eventual TV series or movie.

The only exceptions are big two crossovers (which have a million tie-ins anyway), elseworlds tales (which play around with already established characters), and a few licensed comics like The Orville Season 1.5.

The only mini I'm excited to read is Once & Future because I'm a big fan of Dan Mora's art.
I love mini-series just because the good ones have a beginning-middle-end that the creators want to tell and you don't have to deal with the open ended stuff that some ongoings seem to suffer under.

Plus a lot of the minis that are being released now are just series of mini-series where you get the stories released as their own stand alone event instead of an ongoing series where you need filler issues in-between the story arcs.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Oh. Right. They're a cash cow that promotes the inclusion of oppressed people the opposite of DC.

Nah.

DC and Marvel (company and fans) have always had a huge rivalry (sometimes playful, other times contentious) but the X-Men have been one of the major and most consistent brands Marvel has that DC has never been able to match or duplicate. That and Marvel and DC have had many "opposing" POVs as far as heroism goes and the X-Men take that difference and crank it up.

Its more about DC's envy of the X-Men more than anything

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Nah.

DC and Marvel (company and fans) have always had a huge rivalry (sometimes playful, other times contentious) but the X-Men have been one of the major and most consistent brands Marvel has that DC has never been able to match or duplicate. That and Marvel and DC have had many "opposing" POVs as far as heroism goes and the X-Men take that difference and crank it up.

Its more about DC's envy of the X-Men more than anything
DC has to hold that L.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Kinda a slow week.

Venom was cool

I realized that the New Mutants story we're getting with Armor was prolly the original pitch, the OG group prolly got show horned cause of the movie. But Hickman does NOT like making his comics match movie/TV, so

With that said, the OG story is HELLA entertaining :mjlol:

Hulk has been toned down greatly. Makes me wonder if they saw how much of a hit it was and told Ewing to keep going... when Ewing had no plans past the GammaBase stuff. Entire tone of the book has changed.

X=Force: Hank ain't bout that life and he never has been. Matter of fact, Hank has been on some old unlikeable shyt since the Legacy Virus was a thing. Sage know he shouldn't be running no team of killers. Rest of the book was nuts.

Excalibur: Enjoyed it. Pete Wisdom ain't shyt and I hope they take it further. :mjlol: I don't know what this development means for Apocalypse going forward, though.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Kinda a slow week.

Venom was cool

I realized that the New Mutants story we're getting with Armor was prolly the original pitch, the OG group prolly got show horned cause of the movie. But Hickman does NOT like making his comics match movie/TV, so

With that said, the OG story is HELLA entertaining :mjlol:

Hulk has been toned down greatly. Makes me wonder if they saw how much of a hit it was and told Ewing to keep going... when Ewing had no plans past the GammaBase stuff. Entire tone of the book has changed.

X=Force: Hank ain't bout that life and he never has been. Matter of fact, Hank has been on some old unlikeable shyt since the Legacy Virus was a thing. Sage know he shouldn't be running no team of killers. Rest of the book was nuts.

Excalibur: Enjoyed it. Pete Wisdom ain't shyt and I hope they take it further. :mjlol: I don't know what this development means for Apocalypse going forward, though.
Hank is leading X-force? That sounds dumb as shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They need to give Hank back to The Avengers and stop destroying the character. Hank in the X-books is and has been hot ass garbage.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They need to give Hank back to The Avengers and stop destroying the character. Hank in the X-books is and has been hot ass garbage.

:russ: now that you mention it, the last time I liked hank was when he showed up in Avengers and was pally with Wonder Man again.