Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
X-Men 4 was definitely Hickman's best issue post HoX and PoX. He definitely looks like he's enjoying writing Magneto and Apocalypse.

My biggest gripe is looks like all of the character development we got for Scott over the past 20 years is gone. He's back to being a glorified soldier who just follows orders.

I would've much preferred him on the silent council than Jean....

I'm still waiting to see where he goes with Cyclops but I agree just read X-Men #4 and that shyt was LIT. Hope it stays this quality.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm still waiting to see where he goes with Cyclops but I agree just read X-Men #4 and that shyt was LIT. Hope it stays this quality.

I just pulled up another thread (Hickman's run on X-Men), because I didn't find this thread. :mjlol:

EDIT:

That X-MEN #4 had me like :russ::troll::gladbron::bryan::ooh::ohlawd::umad:.

Amazing writing. Perfectly crafted. Whatever writing awards comic people give out, Hickman should definitely get one. :salute:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This flex by Apoc was :wow:

Apocalypse-Bronze-Age.jpg

En-Sabah with the :sas2:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who doesn't like to read minis? Any time I see a (of 5) or (of 6) I immediately give a book the :camby:, especially for creator-owned stuff.

We live in an era where American comics pretty much only exist to be a storyboard for film and TV. Couple that with the era of decompressed storytelling, and most of these minis that come out just feel like pilots for an eventual TV series or movie.

The only exceptions are big two crossovers (which have a million tie-ins anyway), elseworlds tales (which play around with already established characters), and a few licensed comics like The Orville Season 1.5.

The only mini I'm excited to read is Once & Future because I'm a big fan of Dan Mora's art.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
declare to world leaders that you want to control the world and expect no blowback. mags big ass mouth is gonna get his people fukked when he bucks against someone who doesnt give a shyt. its unfortunate, but weve seen this story play out countless times
Who would that be?

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Wakanda probably won't have any issue since they don't need thier drugs and aren't trying to invade. Doom needs to worry about how own ass.

they want to lead world influence. if that becomes a problem, then theyll have to deal or take their ball and go home. and since mutants dont like being told no(mainly the ones leading) theyll most likely have to deal.