Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
On a more serious note from my usual nonsense... I dunno how i felt about that East of West finale.

All these years of buildup and I was expecting some big biblical god emperor Moses type muthafukka coming from the heavens to cast final judgement on alllll bytch made heretics and death's kiddo being some cell-saga super sayian 2 Gohan meets Franklin Richards usurper, and the four horsemen being much greater than their avatar bodies on some low level darkseid shyt...

I dunno if 45 issues was always the plan or whether Hickman just got tired of it and said aight i'ma bowtie this son bytch up real quick ...but this felt kinda anti-climatic. And then all the other characters just get squeezed together to sign a peace treaty in a few panels... da fukk?

Still, the series featured GOAT-level buildup and had Instagram-worthy fake deep quotes for days. So we gotta take the good with the bad right?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I just read Star...my first time reading the character, since I don't fukk with Danvers at all since she became a "Captain" Kelly Thompson is a dope a$$ writer. She killed the Rogue/Gambit book, Hawkeye the Mr & Mrs book, and this was a good first issue.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killadelphia...WILLLLD take on the vampire genre and I’m all in for the fukkery:ehh:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I just read Star...my first time reading the character, since I don't fukk with Danvers at all since she became a "Captain" Kelly Thompson is a dope a$$ writer. She killed the Rogue/Gambit book, Hawkeye the Mr & Mrs book, and this was a good first issue.

:heh: came to talk about that Star book for the same reasons.

I wasn't gonna read it, cause Carol.

But nah, I wasn't expecting it to be a "Down on her luck" villain book. I hope they don't give her a conscience.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Not at all. I think he needs to be in the light more. Avengers or some other bright eyes team.
He also needs to go back to the way he was drawn up until Morrison's run. I wouldn't mind if they made him look human again. Beast and Iceman were some of my favorite X-Men but they've messed them up for the past 20 years. :francis: In fact they've done that to a lot of X-Men characters. :hhh:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
He also needs to go back to the way he was drawn up until Morrison's run. I wouldn't mind if they made him look human again. Beast and Iceman were some of my favorite X-Men but they've messed them up for the past 20 years. :francis: In fact they've done that to a lot of X-Men characters. :hhh:
I liked cat beast.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I liked cat beast.

The Beast needs to go back to looking like this:
83d11b7d1d3b2b32ff1fe7c0f7b30393.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hulk has been toned down greatly. Makes me wonder if they saw how much of a hit it was and told Ewing to keep going... when Ewing had no plans past the GammaBase stuff. Entire tone of the book has changed.
This book has gone from 2018-2019 Ewing status to 2016-2017 Ewing status. :mjcry:

It's still a good read but it feels like all those interesting big ideas from The Ultimates never quite coming to fruition.