Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These IDW Ninja Turtles comics are fukking :fire:. Ninja Turtles was always a franchise I kept an eye on (except for the Michael Bay movies), but I never fully got into because they kept rebooting it all the time. But these comics are great. The art's a little shaky, but I'm loving all the twists and turns the story's been making so far (I'm on Vol. 9 of the trades).

I'm hearing good things about this new Transformers reboot too. Between those, Ninja Turtles, and the Boom Studios Power Rangers comics, it's like the 90s are back all over again. :wow:

Finna read these on Saturday mornings while eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch. :wow:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
So these anti-mutant bums already dropped Xavier and mutilated Domino now they bodybagged Logan and Quentin Quire? :francis:

All these years the Purifiers, Reavers, Sapien League, Church of Humanity couldn’t murk one prominent X-Men now they got 3 in days.

I see Marvel is just gonna have X-Men getting killed for shock value because they can resurrect now :russell:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So these anti-mutant bums already dropped Xavier and mutilated Domino now they bodybagged Logan and Quentin Quire? :francis:

All these years the Purifiers, Reavers, Sapien League, Church of Humanity couldn’t murk one prominent X-Men now they got 3 in days.

I see Marvel is just gonna have X-Men getting killed for shock value because they can resurrect now :russell:
Charles can just pull mutants back from the dead with the help of "Gold Balls" amd friends.

:deadmanny:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

i mean, yeah. krakoa was made to eventually fail. with inviting villains with strong ass ideologies, including one you know isnt a mutant, to having sabretooth judged by a group of villains before being dropped in that pit, which means if he gets out hes gonna gut mystique first and then ravage the kids, to having emma "influence" humans which even charles knows is gonna backfire on her and the summers family having an out on the moon when things go south. its a doomed game. let the reavers and russians work to make a jammer sattelite and theyll just burn krakoa to the ground

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Really liked X-Men #4. About time mutants stopped being morons, Hickman basically yada yada the first month of Ls but at least it's clear it's part of whatever the fukk his plan/story is. Also, his Magneto is dope.

The main problem continues to be that we have no explanation as to how humanity was able to respond so quick to Krakoa's existence. Like others have pointed out. after decades of struggling against mutants, every nation and enemy was somehow able to obtain the fire power and technology to go toe to toe against the most powerful mutans as soon as Krakoa was made a thing :dahell: that just makes no sense.

Like, we learned in Marauders that the Russians came up with a power damper suit, and they've made so many already that they can sell tons of them to the highest bidder (Marauders #5)...how? :wtf:

I hope this gets explained somehow eventually, but I have no clue what answer would make sense, timeline wise.

They brought back the obnoxious little kid Hellfire Club in MARAUDERS #5 :snoop: ...this X-stuff just gets worse and worse every month.

What's so bad about them?

First time reading them in this Marauders run, they don't seem too bad to be honest :yeshrug:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
declare to world leaders that you want to control the world and expect no blowback. mags big ass mouth is gonna get his people fukked when he bucks against someone who doesnt give a shyt. its unfortunate, but weve seen this story play out countless times

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What's so bad about them?

First time reading them in this Marauders run, they don't seem too bad to be honest :yeshrug:
Since you didn't read X-MEN: SCHISM here is why these little fukks suck:

2yjSl2x.jpg

N30bhDN.jpg

IkdBTQJ.jpg

E43XFk0.jpg

ChCix6S.jpg

BXkZuB9.jpg

fsniAZL.jpg

CUkQPAL.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
declare to world leaders that you want to control the world and expect no blowback. mags big ass mouth is gonna get his people fukked when he bucks against someone who doesnt give a shyt. its unfortunate, but weve seen this story play out countless times

The point of the meeting was to make a point to the rest of world leaders: you fukk with us, you getting got. That makes sense after what happened in the month after Krakoa was shown to the world.

Magneto just enjoying the fukk out of the moment. He's been doing the same speech since HoX and PoX :russ:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Hickman should of made the Wakandan rep aware of the plot since the black panther is always a step ahead, but good chapter Scott went from getting beat up by old ladies to taking out a special ops team solo...I’m good as long as it wasn’t wakandan special agents :obama:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The point of the meeting was to make a point to the rest of world leaders: you fukk with us, you getting got. That makes sense after what happened in the month after Krakoa was shown to the world.

Magneto just enjoying the fukk out of the moment. He's been doing the same speech since HoX and PoX :russ:

hes done that speech before, and it ends with mutant cheeks getting clapped while he yells that humans are the true savages. with everyone and their mother already breaching krakoa, youd think hed chill with the boasting