Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fallen Angels was supposed to be going on hiatus while Bryan Edward Hill had some TV and film commitments he had to work on, but Psylocke was announced to be in that Hellions book, which made people think it's canceled. Bryan Hill has said it will be back at a later date, but I'm good on that because Fallen Angels is fukking :trash:. The premise was cool, but the art is shyt, the writing is shyt, and the characters don't even act consistent with what we've seen in the other DoX-books. Definitely my least favorite of them so far.

On the other hand, New Mutants, which was my second least favorite, has improved dramatically from the first two issues. The Costa Perdita storyline is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be explored in this new status quo. Only problem is it looks like they'll be switching back and forth between that and that horribly boring Shi'ar space story. :francis:

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Fallen Angels was supposed to be going on hiatus while Bryan Edward Hill had some TV and film commitments he had to work on, but Psylocke was announced to be in that Hellions book, which made people think it's canceled. Bryan Hill has said it will be back at a later date, but I'm good on that because Fallen Angels is fukking :trash:. The premise was cool, but the art is shyt, the writing is shyt, and the characters don't even act consistent with what we've seen in the other DoX-books. Definitely my least favorite of them so far.

On the other hand, New Mutants, which was my second least favorite, has improved dramatically from the first two issues. The Costa Perdita storyline is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be explored in this new status quo. Only problem is it looks like they'll be switching back and forth between that and that horribly boring Shi'ar space story. :francis:
I only read it X23 but she’s been terrible so far, they regressed her back into a confused child. I’m happy they’re giving Kwannon a backstory but she’s been an Asian sensei stereotype the whole time.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
yv2ggNO.png

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

See, i thought the opposite with the premise, or the solicit i suppose. Back when they announced all the launch x-titles, i laughed when i saw Fallen Angels because I thought it was vintage Marvel/DC giving the nygga the least sales friendly/worst lineup/hardest sales pitch to thrive with. The "not X-Force" X-Force book centered around the "not-Psylocke" Psylocke with the "not Cable" Cable... and i suppose throwing him a bone with X-23, since they don't need her with prime Wolverine back anyway.

At best i thought the right execution of the premise could make it one of those cult-favorite books that's highly regarded by hardcore x-men/kwannon fans even as it hits cancellation territory by issue 6.

But it seems like the book was dead on arrival anyway with the guy having the tv film commitments, which just makes the behind the scenes optics look all the more sketchy. But if the book is trash (i stopped after issue 1), then it kinda makes him leaving a moot point, as that means nobody was happy with it anyway. Shame.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Geoff Johns has played around in this book and others like Infinite Crisis that "The DC Universe always begins with Superman." So Dr. Manhattan playing around with it during the Flashpoint fundamentally changes Superman's character and origin, which in turn sends a ripple effect across the DC Universe.

So,

Dr. Manhattan moves the green lantern out of Alan Scott's reach = Alan Scott dies and never becomes Green Lantern = No JSA.

No JSA = Superman doesn't start his career until later = No Superboy = No Legion of Super-Heroes.

Superman doesn't start his career until later = Not there to save his parents from dying in a car accident = Angstier New 52 Superman = Angstier New 52 DC Universe.
This is a great love letter to big blue. I'm glad the JSA are back too.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yeah, my idea of Fallen Angels would've been a group or two of mutants who decided they didn't want to go to Krakoa.

They were gonna stay on the outside and thug it out.

Due to fukkery and comic book misunderstandings they would've been halfway enemies of Krakoa, on top of damn near all of humanity taking out their frustrations on them. Heroes would barely trust them because they'd have ex-villains on the team and you'd have team mates coming and going as folks got bored on Krakoa or too scared to stick with the team.

You would have

OG Cable (who really wouldn't be trying to stay on an island with Apocalypse and Sinister, plus has no memory of being young punk cable)
Frenzy (who wouldn't be caught dead watching Scott/Emma/Jean/Logan)
Blacquesmith
Andreas Strucker
Typhoid Mary, who's somewhat mentally stabilized by Cable. Somewhat.

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider-man Life Story TPB only 3.99 on Comixology. It's a solid 4/5. Would have been a classic if some of the issues were a little longer like 48 pg format.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So are they implying that this new teen cable is really Longshot? Cause that's not gonna work

Sinister out here making combined clones of Legion and Mr. M.... but still wants Franklin Richards genetic material :dame:

Mr. Sinister vs Dr. Nemesis, written by Warren Ellis while on Hunter S. Thompson's drugs.... honestly this stuff creates itself. I don't understand how Marvel lets stuff like this pass them by