Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And just like that Tomfoolery King’s Batman run ends on a dud. :mjlol:

So for some reason Pdycho Pirate can’t control Ventriloquist? Only Scarface can. :what: :dead:

Pirate was such afterthought jobber. :francis:

Dude is :trash:. Y’all hyped him up to be GOAT status. :stopitslime:

Some dude on here said he was the next Hickman. :mjlol:

Though I guess that's not too far off because these X-books are off to a very rocky start. :francis:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Is Kingpin still the mayor?
ya goddamn right i am!

5Ttbfah.png

anyway...

i was on my tablet skimming thru some old Jim Lee X-Men joints.
this is stupid as hell, but this shot always made me laugh for some reason.

bsnPlzp.jpg

this is the one where Bishop meets the X-Men.
first off, the way Scott responds was always funny to me.
:mjlol:

"Hello."

:skip:

but then he goes on to Jubilee and hes like,

"the LAST X-man???"

:mjtf:

classic shyt! lol

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suicide Squad: Tom Taylor firing on all cylinders! :bryan:

Suicide Squad was :fire:. Tom Taylor just gets it-- from Injustice to Justice League/Power Rangers to X-Men Red to DCeased, he knows how to tell fun, action packed stories that still have a lot of heart and make you feel for the characters.

Plus you give him a book where he can (to an extent) kill characters at will? :banderas: DC should have gave him this book years ago. Plus the art by Bruno Redondo is amazing too. Definitely adding this to my pull list.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just read Doomsday Clock 1-11 in the past three days to finish off #12 this morning. Series was cool but how exactly does this effect the DC universe? I get it's basically a tribute to Superman but I'm not seeing how this impacts the overall DC universe. :gucci:

It doesn't. It was supposed to be a major story but with all the delays and Johns leaving a position of power in DC comics, editorial basically moved on from his plans and made Doomsday Clock a cool book that's there for others to pick up eventually if they desire, nothing more.

Even reading it through all the delays it felt the story moved on from this big epic universe altering story to basically a love letter to Superman and his significance to DC.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read Doomsday Clock 1-11 in the past three days to finish off #12 this morning. Series was cool but how exactly does this effect the DC universe? I get it's basically a tribute to Superman but I'm not seeing how this impacts the overall DC universe. :gucci:

It doesn't. It was supposed to be a major story but with all the delays and Johns leaving a position of power in DC comics, editorial basically moved on from his plans and made Doomsday Clock a cool book that's there for others to pick up eventually if they desire, nothing more.

Even reading it through all the delays it felt the story moved on from this big epic universe altering story to basically a love letter to Superman and his significance to DC.

Geoff Johns has played around in this book and others like Infinite Crisis that "The DC Universe always begins with Superman." So Dr. Manhattan playing around with it during the Flashpoint fundamentally changes Superman's character and origin, which in turn sends a ripple effect across the DC Universe.

So,

Dr. Manhattan moves the green lantern out of Alan Scott's reach = Alan Scott dies and never becomes Green Lantern = No JSA.

No JSA = Superman doesn't start his career until later = No Superboy = No Legion of Super-Heroes.

Superman doesn't start his career until later = Not there to save his parents from dying in a car accident = Angstier New 52 Superman = Angstier New 52 DC Universe.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Geoff Johns has played around in this book and others like Infinite Crisis that "The DC Universe always begins with Superman." So Dr. Manhattan playing around with it during the Flashpoint fundamentally changes Superman's character and origin, which in turn sends a ripple effect across the DC Universe.

So,

Dr. Manhattan moves the green lantern out of Alan Scott's reach = Alan Scott dies and never becomes Green Lantern = No JSA.

No JSA = Superman doesn't start his career until later = No Superboy = No Legion of Super-Heroes.

Superman doesn't start his career until later = Not there to save his parents from dying in a car accident = Angstier New 52 Superman = Angstier New 52 DC Universe.

I like the idea, honestly. It's really thought out.

I was also really hoping that 5 years from now, you'd have every major story in DCU come down to Ozymandias sitting casually in a jail cell and watching 12 stacked up old TV sets.

:heh: Remember a while back when this big Superman centered DC wide story was being built, and all the hints kinda pointed the mystery dude (Mr. Oz) being either Ozymandias or both Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan, but it turned out to be Jor-El (making people lose interest)?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

So,

I understand all that breh.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I might be somewhat out the loop but
I thought it firmly restored the multiverse. I know they've toyed with it between hypertime and new 52 but it seems to be back in all its glory.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I might be somewhat out the loop but
I thought it firmly restored the multiverse. I know they've toyed with it between hypertime and new 52 but it seems to be back in all its glory.

yeah, the concept of time, time travel, hypertime and multiple realities is majorly broken in DC right now.

They did this whole time thing with the Mr. Oz story arc I mentioned up there

On top of the whole dark multiverse stuff

on top of this whole thing they're letting Snyder do with Perpetua (Rip Hunter don't like it)

On top of Doomsday Clock supposedly happening in the future (I think). IN any case, it' was supposed to be set in the definite DC future (one year), but it affects the time of everything before it.

and this Time Masters crisis is supposed to happen in DC's future, 5 years from now.

All of this time altering stuff happened in 2-3 years, real world time