Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I might be somewhat out the loop but
I thought it firmly restored the multiverse. I know they've toyed with it between hypertime and new 52 but it seems to be back in all its glory.
Its been back since convergence.This seem more to just wrap up a story.
Geoff Johns has played around in this book and others like Infinite Crisis that "The DC Universe always begins with Superman." So Dr. Manhattan playing around with it during the Flashpoint fundamentally changes Superman's character and origin, which in turn sends a ripple effect across the DC Universe.

So,

Dr. Manhattan moves the green lantern out of Alan Scott's reach = Alan Scott dies and never becomes Green Lantern = No JSA.

No JSA = Superman doesn't start his career until later = No Superboy = No Legion of Super-Heroes.

Superman doesn't start his career until later = Not there to save his parents from dying in a car accident = Angstier New 52 Superman = Angstier New 52 DC Universe.

New 52 has been finished since new 52 superman merged with post crisis superman and we got rebirth though, right? This just erases it more I guess? Seems pointless tbh.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Suicide Squad: Tom Taylor firing on all cylinders! :bryan:

Doomsday Clock: I'ma have to sit and read this in one sitting, but it was good. The future hints were good. Guess we at least got more watchmen on the way. Or a watchmen of some type.

Avengers: :francis: Cap out here looking like Vance Astro for no reason at all..... know what, I'm not even gonna bother. See you next month. :hubie:

Marauders was fun.

Excalibur: Okay, look. I was willing to suspend belief that Selene could be there chilling with no problem, Apocalypse really may be keeping her in check. But
Jamie fukking Braddock
!?
Are they out of their minds? They done lost their damn minds.

I been really enjoying the Blade Runner comic. It's actually what made me watch the movie a few months back.
Is SS worth the read?

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Batman was cheeks.

Doomsday clock was unnecessary .

My comic was a little light this week but we'll get it back.

Black Panther was finally good after a lot of busy work.

JL was pretty good.

Teen Titans was meh.

Avengers feels rudderless.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I feel that. Idk if it's event fatigue or what but all these tie-in stories situations ain't for me right now.

Doomsday Clock is finally over. This new Perpetua story is .... I've stopped trying to figure out. This House/Power/Dawn of X looks like fire. But it's a lot.

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. You know what?? I'm just waiting for wolverine's book. The dawn of x shyt is getting a little to crazy for me.
Me too Wolverine is going to be fire since it’s going to be written by the same person whose doing Xforce.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Anyone read Secrets of Sinister House?
STL133999

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Also Fallen Angels is trash, they need to go ahead and bush that :camby:

I think they did, they haven't announced anything past issue #6. At least that was the case 2 weeks ago, haven't checked recently.

They did a couple issues back iirc

It feels like Krakoa is still in a post nut sleep.

Mutants: shyt's going down! :damn:

Krakoa: :ahh: wait what?

Mutants: :francis:

I'm waiting for the whole thing to be done, so I can read it over a week. Especially since it's not all 1 book.

What thing to be done? DoX is not really an event to tbh. They just branded the new "era" of mutant stories. You don't need to read all of them. Occasionally they reference something that happens in another book (and they tell you which one is) but they are, so far, stand alone stories.

And it seems Hickman has like a 2 year plan so it ain't gonna end anytime soon :heh: