Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The Batman/Superman book gonna have a General Zod vs Ra's al Ghul storyline in Feb/March :lupe:

That's an interesting premise in itself
It is. Two characters who know the duo very well and have for a long time. I'm picking it up off the strength of that. I always thought Zod and Ra's were better adversaries to their respective heroes than say Lex and Joker. Mainly because Zod and Ra's have a point.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Batman/Superman book gonna have a General Zod vs Ra's al Ghul storyline in Feb/March :lupe:

That's an interesting premise in itself

Problem with it is it involves Kandor, which as far as we know was presumed destroyed by Rogol Zaar. :francis:

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
And just like that Tomfoolery King’s Batman run ends on a dud. :mjlol:

So for some reason Pdycho Pirate can’t control Ventriloquist? Only Scarface can. :what: :dead:

Pirate was such afterthought jobber. :francis:

Dude is :trash:. Y’all hyped him up to be GOAT status. :stopitslime:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It is. Two characters who know the duo very well and have for a long time. I'm picking it up off the strength of that. I always thought Zod and Ra's were better adversaries to their respective heroes than say Lex and Joker. Mainly because Zod and Ra's have a point.

I hear the voices of David Warner from B: TAS and Terrance Tamp from Superman II having an intellectual battle against each other, before they really go twisted.

Ra's vs Zod would be a Batman/Superman battle, with no code of ethics. As in, tons of murder and destruction as they both cut loose. Imagine Zod killing members of the League of Assassins with no remorse? Imagine Ra's killing Zod's Kryptonian henchmen with his magic sword or a red sun beam? :gladbron:

Hell, if DC was smart, they can have a major event featuring Zod vs Ra's and what the lazarus pit means to the entire universe as a whole. Make it something like the Injustice storyline with Darkseid Plotting in the background. :demonic:

I wish I was a writer, cause all kinds of fukkery would pop off in that event. :pachaha:

And yeah, I agree that Ra's and Zod are much better rivals to Bats and Supes because they have an actual cause to their madness and they are hella unique compared to the rest of the both of their rogue's gallery. Ra's is an entire league of their own and no villain from Arkham (Joker, 2 Face, Scarecrow, Bane) can really touch him. Same thing with General Zod, as he is a Kryptonian that is heads and tails above Luthor, Parasite, Metallo, and Toyman.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Problem with it is it involves Kandor, which as far as we know was presumed destroyed by Rogol Zaar. :francis:

Well, with Ra's, its gonna get creepy, cause he normally doesn't involve himself with intergalactic conflicts and situations.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Dr. Manhattan casually talking about future Crisis in DC was :russ: Secret Crisis with Hulk killing Doomsday sounds dope :whew:

Final verdict on this limited series??

A very cool concept/story that clearly had to change it's course 1 or 2 times due to all the delays. At the end of the day, it's a story that could've been told in 7 or 8 issues instead of 12. For a book that is basically a love letter to Superman and what he represents, it really didn't the long set up it got, imo. A lot of what was built up in the first five (or six, can't even remember) books ended up getting "yada yada"'d and not mattering that much.

I'm sure it will read much better in just 1 sitting but I have no desire to go back and do so. It was a cool ride, with some really dope highlights, that´s pretty much it.

Also, as a more or less casual comic book fan, I do think the art is fukking incredible and truly elevates Doomsday Clock. And I never give art that much thought (that's why I'm a casual) but Gary Frank killed it :whew:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Suicide Squad: Tom Taylor firing on all cylinders! :bryan:

Doomsday Clock: I'ma have to sit and read this in one sitting, but it was good. The future hints were good. Guess we at least got more watchmen on the way. Or a watchmen of some type.

Avengers: :francis: Cap out here looking like Vance Astro for no reason at all..... know what, I'm not even gonna bother. See you next month. :hubie:

Marauders was fun.

Excalibur: Okay, look. I was willing to suspend belief that Selene could be there chilling with no problem, Apocalypse really may be keeping her in check. But
Jamie fukking Braddock
!?
Are they out of their minds? They done lost their damn minds.

I been really enjoying the Blade Runner comic. It's actually what made me watch the movie a few months back.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
New Mutants was really cool again. Brison's story is way better than Hickman's. Also liked how they connected one of the Central American nations with the old ladies from X-Men #3 between this book and X-Force.

Speaking of X-Force... :mjlol: mutants taking so many fukking Ls is hilarious. Wolverine said that having paradise could make them complacent and that's when their enemies could feast but holy shyt we are only 4 issues in into every book and humanity has adapted so quick it makes no cotdamn sense :russ:
daredevil, though..... :banderas:

Chip DA GAWD :lawd: