Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i think someone asked about this in here. dont remember if it was ever explained before this issue.

ffktPzJ.jpg

I guess they needed any reason why

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I thought Sinister wasn't a mutant but a human that got his powers from Apocalypse? Why is he able to reside on Krakoa? Also I'm not really feeling how they've given a pass to people like Sinister, Shaw, Apocalypse, Sabretooth (initially), etc who have routinely given hell to the X-Men and mutants in general. Some people regardless don't deserve second and third chances. :francis:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I thought Sinister wasn't a mutant but a human that got his powers from Apocalypse? Why is he able to reside on Krakoa? Also I'm not really feeling how they've given a pass to people like Sinister, Shaw, Apocalypse, Sabretooth (initially), etc who have routinely given hell to the X-Men and mutants in general. Some people regardless don't deserve second and third chances. :francis:

Sinister has Thunderbirds x Gene implanted in him so that somehow let's him pass.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
House of X changed all of that...Hickman covered it..much like Moira now being a mutant with groundhog day abilities.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
My random “list” of comics crap:

*Will DC EVER drop the 3 Joker story they teased YEARS ago?!

*I guess the Secret Warriors team that debuted during Secret Invasion is “shelf” status

*I finally read the War Of The Realms trade. “War Avengers” was a pretty hardbody team!

*Them old ladies (HordeCulture) that beat up the X-Men seem like some DC villains. I liked em’.

*Maybe I missed it......but have ANY mutants refused to join the mutant revolution at Krakoa?

*Coli cash on Onslaught showing up at some point in 2020?

*Do any of you brehs read that Image book “Sex” about the retired superhero and his supporting cast n wild sexual stuff? Great book!

*Elsa Bloodstone is a great character who I think should get a MCU movie. Marvel sleep!

*Who’s gonna be the big bad in DC’s next Crisis event?

*How come Marvel’s villains haven’t organized like DC’s villains did in “Infinite Crisis”? The closest we got was “Old Man Logan” and that was just alternate reality/future and Dark Reign (sorta)

*Think we’ll see a Immortal Hulk vs. Sentry fight in 2020?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
New Mutants was cool :ehh: It's getting ridiculous how every new enemy has a power damper weapon though, has that been the norm for X-Men stories in the last few years or it's just a Hickman and crew thing? :patrice:

X-Force #3 :leon: a lot of shyt was left off the page, not sure why. This clearly feel likes the least attached DoX book but at the same time is the one that has had the most important moments :heh:

Domino :picard:

I gave up on Fallen Angels, besides it seems it's only gonna be a 6 issue mini so whatever.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who read that new Dark Knight book by Frank Miller? I guess they sell well but I other than that I have no clue why DC keeps letting Miller write their characters.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Who read that new Dark Knight book by Frank Miller? I guess they sell well but I other than that I have no clue why DC keeps letting Miller write their characters.

Because he has his own sandbox where he's content and not fukking with the main books.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Scanned a few issues that I didn't really wanna bother reading:

.Doom 2099 - I liked the OG series, but I had no desire to read this. The ending was :heh:

.Golden Child - I'll pick this up if I see it in a dollar bin, only because Darkseid is in it. MAGA Joker. :dead:

.Scourge: Silver Surfer - Don't give a shyt about the new mini-series. This seems like your typical "hero thrown into the mix" story. I'll pick up the recent SS series when I find it in the cheap boxes, so I'll probably pick this one up to see his new powers. The ending was :mjlol:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New Mutants #3 is an entirely different book from the first two issues.

And it's a much better book, so I don't know why they didn't go with that storyline from the get go.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Sinister has Thunderbirds x Gene implanted in him so that somehow let's him pass.
House of X changed all of that...Hickman covered it..much like Moira now being a mutant with groundhog day abilities.

HoX was just a big retcon event that will be retconed eventually. Like New 52

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
*Will DC EVER drop the 3 Joker story they teased YEARS ago
Probably. I expect it to be nonsensical.

*How come Marvel’s villains haven’t organized like DC’s villains did in “Infinite Crisis”? The closest we got was “Old Man Logan” and that was just alternate reality/future and Dark Reign (sorta)
They know they can't work together.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

I think it's a combination of things. Ego, not wanting to deal with certain heroes, and villains grouping together and not being on the move means a certain bloodhound can fine them and attack