Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC brehs. Question. What is the timeline for these events/stories?
  • Doomsday Clock.
  • Batman Who Laughs.
  • DOOM (Lex Luthor is a hybrid alien).
Are they happening on 3 different Earths or is this happening on the same Earth? If the latter, what's the order?

It should (keyword: should) go

Batman Who Laughs
Event Leviathan/ Justice/Doom War (Both part of Year of the Villain)
Doomsday Clock

The original plan was all DC storylines would line up with Doomsday Clock issue one when the final issue came out, but after all the delays it seems like that was dropped, especially since they already brought back JSA and Legion.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
A little lackluster? It was :trash: to me. Bendis toward the end of his Marvel run was awful. I agree about Marquez’ art though.
I never thought Civil War II was trash, but it could use some improvement. I thought the Minority Report angle was a good idea to split the heroes. To help sell Carol on her stance, they should have had her ignore the Thanos vision. When it comes true and War Machine dies, it would justify her having such a strong stance on taking Ulyess's visions as gospel.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
DC brehs. Question. What is the timeline for these events/stories?
  • Doomsday Clock.
  • Batman Who Laughs.
  • DOOM (Lex Luthor is a hybrid alien).
Are they happening on 3 different Earths or is this happening on the same Earth? If the latter, what's the order?
I don't even know at this point. Doomsday Clock should have been over with last year but the delays killed the momentum. The final issue is supposed to come out in December. I don't read Batman Who Laughs so I don't know anything about it. Year of the Villain is happening around the DC universe but it's really only affecting individual titles but it's fukked up because you have it going on in Detective Comics with Mr. Freeze but City of Bane going on in Batman. :why:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I know people caught up in Marvel books, and the occasional DC references, but the current IDW run of Sonic the Hedgehog is DAMN GOOD. Especially the last 7-8 issues. from issue #17 Onwards, it goes from bad to worse to :wtf: . Similar to DCeased and those Injustice Books, but with Sonic Characters.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I know people caught up in Marvel books, and the occasional DC references, but the current IDW run of Sonic the Hedgehog is DAMN GOOD. Especially the last 7-8 issues. from issue #17 Onwards, it goes from bad to worse to :wtf: . Similar to DCeased and those Injustice Books, but with Sonic Characters.

Son, what? :dahell:

You say something is good, but then it gets worse. :dwillhuh:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Anyone read prince of cats by ron wimberly? Shyts Dope

Prince-of-Cats-3.jpg
I own it. Movie coming soon.