Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Actually, Priest and Hudlin's Black Panther runs sold more than Coates on average :dead:

Black BP fans already did the number crunching on that :wow:

What's crazy is Priest did that without all the bells & whistles... with a character dead in the water for 20 years... GOAT BP writer yet ppl still underrate him.

He also kept Storm's involvement to a minimum :lolbron:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
People, in general don't. He doesn't sell but very few characters do.

T'Challa centric stories typically sustain 30k/month, which is along the lines of Daredevil (outside of the Liss run.. ironically) but typically what happens is they'll want to switch it up by changing the focus/lead to Kasper Cole, Shuri, or feminism... then shyt plummets.

They always try to put my nygga in the backseat of his own shyt for some light skin nygga or feminist/LGBT agenda, then blame white folks when shyt tanks.

Let's just get my nygga a writer who just wants to treat T'Challa the same way white folks treat white folks. If there aint a black one who can do that, then give me Al Ewing

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
T'Challa centric stories typically sustain 30k/month, which is along the lines of Daredevil (outside of the Liss run.. ironically) but typically what happens is they'll want to switch it up by changing the focus/lead to Kasper Cole, Shuri, or feminism... then shyt plummets.

They always try to put my nygga in the backseat of his own shyt for some light skin nygga or feminist/LGBT agenda, then blame white folks when shyt tanks.

Let's just get my nygga a writer who just wants to treat T'Challa the same way white folks treat white folks. If there aint a black one who can do that, then give me Al Ewing

This is the problem wirh black male characters.

They try to fill a diversity slot and put an untalented black dude or woman on it and it's trash.

Cyborg has the same problem.

Look, I want black writers at Marvel/DC

But find one with tlaent3

Evan Narcisse is cool

teacher

All Star
Daps
Actually, Priest and Hudlin's Black Panther runs sold more than Coates on average :dead:

Black BP fans already did the number crunching on that :wow:

What's crazy is Priest did that without all the bells & whistles... with a character dead in the water for 20 years... GOAT BP writer yet ppl still underrate him.

He also kept Storm's involvement to a minimum :lolbron:

link to priests numbers I’m highly doubting :patrice:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is the problem wirh black male characters.

They try to fill a diversity slot and put an untalented black dude or woman on it and it's trash.

Cyborg has the same problem.

Look, I want black writers at Marvel/DC

But find one with tlaent3

Evan Narcisse is cool

Excellent point. Narcisse's Rise of the BP felt like an actual comic book that was thick (some felt even too dense) with history, understanding, and modern contextualization of BP's history.

He's the talented black dude you cultivate into the next big company "it" guy, like they did with Al Ewing and Nick Spencer. Whereas someone like Coates just wanted to use BP/Wakanda as a proxy to bytch about monarchies & "toxic-masculinity" by vilifying black wakandan men as incompetent misogynists. Nygga disagreed with the whole concept of T'Challa and Wakanda, yet Marvel was like "hey you're a famous black guy, so go ahead and write the book however you want :troll:"

At this point, i'm tired of the "special black guest comic writer who doesn't write comic books" on a BP book...

I'd actually accept Narcisse, but otherwise BP just needs a damn good fundamentally sound comic book writer with a clear objective of making my nygga great.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Whereas someone like Coates just wanted to use BP/Wakanda as a proxy to bytch about monarchies & "toxic-masculinity" by vilifying black wakandan men as incompetent misogynists. Nygga disagreed with the whole concept of T'Challa and Wakanda, yet Marvel was like "hey you're a famous black guy, so go ahead and write the book however you want :troll:"

:snoop:

I stopped listening to my fav nerd podcast he interviewed at because they morphed to liberal bullshyt

That was literally the hardest time ive had following a comic

EN get props from me for (from what I'm seeing) just letting hia talent speak for him

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
JeOFSh5.jpg
That color palette :wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Excellent point. Narcisse's Rise of the BP felt like an actual comic book that was thick (some felt even too dense) with history, understanding, and modern contextualization of BP's history.

He's the talented black dude you cultivate into the next big company "it" guy, like they did with Al Ewing and Nick Spencer. Whereas someone like Coates just wanted to use BP/Wakanda as a proxy to bytch about monarchies & "toxic-masculinity" by vilifying black wakandan men as incompetent misogynists. Nygga disagreed with the whole concept of T'Challa and Wakanda, yet Marvel was like "hey you're a famous black guy, so go ahead and write the book however you want :troll:"

At this point, i'm tired of the "special black guest comic writer who doesn't write comic books" on a BP book...

I'd actually accept Narcisse, but otherwise BP just needs a damn good fundamentally sound comic book writer with a clear objective of making my nygga great.

Yeah and folk really didn't care for Coates run.

Hell black folk ain't trying to read a run where dude is bytchin about monarchies/masculinity/etc. Just want a run where a black hero is doing some cool ass shyt.

Don't even get me started. :snoop:

I have a pitch for a Cyborg book that's :fire:, but they'll still do the same 'questioning his humanity' bullshyt they've been doing since the '80s. :mjcry:

It would have to be a damn good pitch.. because Cyborg is lame :yeshrug:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New 52: :sadcam: My daddie don't love me

Rebirth: :sadcam: My daddie don't love me

:stopitslime: He is the perfect superhero for this digital age and they got D list talent writing for him
honestly I don't think it the talent fault so much as it the editors over at dc comics blocking any attempt by the writers and illustrators to make him in to more cooler superhero there a cyborg thread on cbr where his fans talk alot about it.
BOOYAH!! Cyborg Appreciation Thread '19