Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
New 52: :sadcam: My daddie don't love me

Rebirth: :sadcam: My daddie don't love me

:stopitslime: He is the perfect superhero for this digital age and they got D list talent writing for him

Now that black lightning is a television success, i bet DC execs wishing they'd made him the 6th member of the justice league instead :dead:

Since dat quota was the only reason they put Vic on the squad, and it showed with how they treated him.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
honestly I don't think it the talent fault so much as it the editors over at dc comics blocking any attempt by the writers and illustrators to make him in to more cooler superhero there a cyborg thread on cbr where his fans talk alot about it.
BOOYAH!! Cyborg Appreciation Thread '19

I was actually gonna mention what I read from that thread a couple years back. I forget if it was David Walker but they mentioned a black writer was trying to revamp Vic... including changing his bulky look and adding more elements to him... but DC made it hell for him.

Mind you, I often find Walker's work to be boring but it does say a lot that DC was restricting him from making Vic better whereas Marvel was giving Coates full reign to shyt on Wakanda/BP :mjlol:, up until the MCU movie became a hit.

I'm curious what ppl thought of Walker's Cyborg. Did it try to venture past the daddy issues?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that black lightning is a television success, i bet DC execs wishing they'd made him the 6th member of the justice league instead :dead:

Since dat quota was the only reason they put Vic on the squad, and it showed with how they treated him.
You know when you think about you have to wonder why they didnt do that gave black lightning involvement with the outsiders a group normal led by batman you think they would put him because of that they really were not think when they me vic a member.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

that and Geoff wanting Hal to be the lantern

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was actually gonna mention what I read from that thread a couple years back. I forget if it was David Walker but they mentioned a black writer was trying to revamp Vic... including changing his bulky look and adding more elements to him... but DC made it hell for him.

Mind you, I often find Walker's work to be boring but it does say a lot that DC was restricting him from making Vic better whereas Marvel was giving Coates full reign to shyt on Wakanda/BP :mjlol:, up until the MCU movie became a hit.

I'm curious what ppl thought of Walker's Cyborg. Did it try to venture past the daddy issues?
Yeah he was moving past his daddy issues until walker got kick off the book and they decide to keep returning to the same old is vic more machine than man story over and over a again it like damn not even Deathlok ,red tornado,vision, Astro Boy, mega man,Machine Man question their humanity as much as vic does.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I aint like that Cosmic Ghost Rider ending.

:beli:

Ima sound like a black comic nerd and shyt.

But that was wack.
Maybe ill go back and re-read the shyt. But nah!
And i really loved that whole arc.

Still gonna cop that LEGENDS figure tho!!

:troll:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Geoff Johns has no grasp on Cyborg as a character in general.

He wrote him horribly in his Teen Titans run as well, and that was eight years prior.