Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
honestly I don't think it the talent fault so much as it the editors over at dc comics blocking any attempt by the writers and illustrators to make him in to more cooler superhero there a cyborg thread on cbr where his fans talk alot about it.
BOOYAH!! Cyborg Appreciation Thread '19
Why they continue to want to Cyborg as this emo, navel gazing tortured character instead of adding in more of the Teen Titans/Teen Titans Go! flavor to the character continues to amaze me.

DC desperately wants to make Cyborg happen but are totally resistant to making him more like the version of the character that actually is popular with the world at large.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
New Mutants and X-Force were both meh to me.

The Infected: King Shazam was ass...I hate that DC is letting Snyder have his way with so many characters just so he can put the spotlight on that shytty Batman Who Laughs.

I didn't hate Legion of Super-Heroes but I feel like the book would be much better if it was anyone else's hands besides Bendis.

Immortal Hulk was OK; feels like the book is in a holding pattern the past few issues though.

I know the initial reaction to Tom King being taken off Batman was that he would have to rush the ending to his over-arching story but honestly the guy could have told this whole City of Bane story in half the time and this week's issue of Batman just proves it because King wastes sooo much time when he could stand to be a bit more expeditious with his storytelling.

Scott Snyder & Charles Soule have a new book from Image called Undiscovered Country and the first issue was pretty good.

Also liked Dragonfly & Dragonflyman from Ahoy Comics that is written by Tom Peyer that I enjoyed too.

The dialog for Doom in Dr. Doom #2 wasn't as bad as it was in issue #1.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Actually, Priest and Hudlin's Black Panther runs sold more than Coates on average :dead:

Black BP fans already did the number crunching on that :wow:

What's crazy is Priest did that without all the bells & whistles... with a character dead in the water for 20 years... GOAT BP writer yet ppl still underrate him.

He also kept Storm's involvement to a minimum :lolbron:
Marvel not letting Coates go without a fight smdh. Its clear this clown HATES Black men and Afrofuturism. smdh.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
New 52: :sadcam: My daddie don't love me

Rebirth: :sadcam: My daddie don't love me

:stopitslime: He is the perfect superhero for this digital age and they got D list talent writing for him

that is because they keep rebooting their universe undoing all the work previous writers did. I have a lot of that Perez teen titans run and he grows past that and learns to accept himself as he is.

they do this same shyt with nightwing, Bruce fired me, i don’t want to be like batman, I’m not good enough to handle the cowl nonsense every time they reset the universe.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Ghost Rider 2 was good, I’m interested to see where immortal hulk goes especially after mentioning that green scar and Professor hulk are dormant and he is unsure why. X-Force needs fantomex in it but the first issue was good and new mutants was meh.

can someone tell me what is up with cho last I saw him he was a fully powered hulk now he just looks fit and green.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is even going on with DC right now?

A while ago they had a writer's summit where all the current talent had pitches for 50-100 issue runs, but it looks like now they're headed toward another reboot.

Snyder's run on Justice League is ending in January with the conclusion of Justice/Doom War, even though Snyder said many times in interviews that he was doing at least 50 issues and Justice/Doom War was just the halfway point.

We already knew about them taking Tom King off Batman. I haven't read any of it since The Price, but I haven't heard good things about City of Bane at all.

G. Willow Wilson's run on Wonder Woman is ending somewhat abruptly. She had actually been setting up Year of the Villain since the very beginning, so I would have expected it to last at least another 12 issues.

Now I hear about this 5G thing that sounds very similar to All New All Different Marvel. DC is probably much better equipped to do something like this than Marvel, but I expect the same end result.

Looks like the only writer being left alone over there is Williamson on Flash since he's the only one still on the same book since Rebirth.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
What is even going on with DC right now?

A while ago they had a writer's summit where all the current talent had pitches for 50-100 issue runs, but it looks like now they're headed toward another reboot.

Snyder's run on Justice League is ending in January with the conclusion of Justice/Doom War, even though Snyder said many times in interviews that he was doing at least 50 issues and Justice/Doom War was just the halfway point.

We already knew about them taking Tom King off Batman. I haven't read any of it since The Price, but I haven't heard good things about City of Bane at all.

G. Willow Wilson's run on Wonder Woman is ending somewhat abruptly. She had actually been setting up Year of the Villain since the very beginning, so I would have expected it to last at least another 12 issues.

Now I hear about this 5G thing that sounds very similar to All New All Different Marvel. DC is probably much better equipped to do something like this than Marvel, but I expect the same end result.

Looks like the only writer being left alone over there is Williamson on Flash since he's the only one still on the same book since Rebirth.

Their just throwing shyt at the wall to see if something works...

too many crisis and reboots in the last 15 years

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
New Mutants was whatever :yeshrug: That and Excalibur will probably be 12 issues and done.

X-Force just got right to it, but X-Force always does that :wow:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ghost Rider 2 was good, I’m interested to see where immortal hulk goes especially after mentioning that green scar and Professor hulk are dormant and he is unsure why. X-Force needs fantomex in it but the first issue was good and new mutants was meh.

can someone tell me what is up with cho last I saw him he was a fully powered hulk now he just looks fit and green.
That is the form he ended up in after his time as The Hulk.
He's basically just like Doc Samson now except green all over.

teacher

All Star
Daps
@Primetime where those receipts of the priest run selling 30k a month until they introduced kasper? :stopitslime: in one of his soliloquy’s for marvel masterworks black panther Kirby he said his sh!t ain’t sell....but I don’t mind being proven wrong :manny: