Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
7sAQttm.jpg

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Anyone else hate Storm and Wolverine together? shyt seems like incest.

nah, that is what was supposed to happen in the eighties but marvel editors were afraid of the black lash of wolverine being in an interracial relationship would have on his growing popularity.

their pairing actually works really well in those Claremont uncanny x-men run issues as he was the first to actually believe she would be an excellent leader and supported her as such and she was the calming influence on him that jean Grey would become in new x-men years down the line.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
nah, that is what was supposed to happen in the eighties but marvel editors were afraid of the black lash of wolverine being in an interracial relationship would have on his growing popularity.

their pairing actually works really well in those Claremont uncanny x-men run issues as he was the first to actually believe she would be an excellent leader and supported her as such and she was the calming influence on him that jean Grey would become in new x-men years down the line.
I hear all that but it just seems like she's a side piece.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

I felt she was more of a side piece to T’Challa than wolverine. Wolverine by that time had gotten over Jean and moved on. If you ever seen the x-men tas episode with them as a couple it pretty much sums up their relationship as she was a moral compass that always brought out the best in him and he would do anything to protect and support her decisions. Their relationship works on many levels in a way that I felt t’challa and hers never did.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

They just let Wolverine knock off half the female population of Japan like it wasn't nothing though.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Whatever their original intentions may have been... she is just his side piece now.

1. Jean Grey
  2. Cyclops (:dame:)
  3. At least one of them asian broads
  4. Storm
That's about the hierarchy. :hubie:

Tiresome or not, Jean is his end game... they will literally have him fukk all the women in Marvel and be "in love" with a few of those vaginas (until the next writer) but all the broads know they just buying time until the red head returns, Storm included.

Which is why the BP/Storm ish annoys me even more. So many interesting female heroes to pair with BP but in the years he's not with Storm the nygga just asexual (because writers LAZY and 'cism), whereas Spidey, Wolverine, DD, Cyke, and every other heterosexual white male character gets to switch it up or flat out stumbles into p*ssy for no damn reason.

They took ol goody two-shoes "MJ I love you :mjcry:" Peter Parker and created an asian female spider character (Silk) whose sole purpose was to make Peter horny and fukk him twice a day :mjlol:. And then they threw her to bushes where agents of atlas washed her off.

But fuk that shyt, i want BP to have 3-4 viable love interests established, 1-2 Wakandan, the other 1-2 superheroes/royalty, just to switch it up and stop any new black writer from going "well, i don't really no BP but i know he was married to Storm so i guess i'll stick with what i know :ehh:"

:francis:

/rant

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Black Panther takes Halloween by storm as most popular costume

"Wakanda forever" was the theme of Halloween 2019, with Black Panther emerging victorious as the most popular costume as measured by paid search clicks.

All in all, it was a big year for superheroes, with Black Panther, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash all securing top ten spots, although Spider-Man failed to crack the top spot, he came in at a respectable 19th place.

This nygga T'Challa the most popular superhero fictional character in mainstream America but since mainstream America don't read comic books, i guess you take the movies, cartoons, merch, and hopefully video-fukking games at some point, as wins and hope it continues to force nudge Marvel to making him things like team leader in Avengers, other team books, and participate more in big events.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Yeah I mean I guess if I was white I'd write it like that too.

How do you say that when both storm and t’challa are created by white people? Are they inherently bad characters because of it, could you do better? If so how would you do it better?