Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Regarding Xavier, it was pretty much explained that Moira's job was to "break him". You add that to the fact that dude rebooted himself two times already....at least Hickman explained why he's not the Xavier everyone knows. He didn't even bothered doing that on his Avengers run :pachaha: specially with Cap.

it makes sense why cap was an a$$hole in avengers. he became old in no time at all. so he went from vibrant young man to cranky old b*stard. and the illuminati was his bone that he couldnt let go of

i wonder what the lasting effects of moira fukking with his mind are gonna be

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Tom King continues to show me how over fukkin rated he is. CoB is :trash:

Having Batman intentionally lose to Bane? GTFO. :camby:

Tim getting that Nightwing treatment. :francis:

Flashpoint Batman fukkin' up Bruce's heirs after being fukked up himself. :what:

I've been re-reading Snyder's N52 Batman. Man, that was a great run. :to:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They should really just toss the Punisher into the bushes and make Cosmic Ghost Rider the main Punisher character.

Anyway...

That Prodigal character that landed in the Savage Land in this last issue of Fantastic Four is kinda cool.
:ehh:

Son got jokes.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I liked how X-Men #1 didn't spend time explaining much of anything that was established in HoX and PoX. It just went straight at the story.

Jean and Scott having separate bedrooms, Scott inviting Polaris, Logan sleeping right next to Jean and her room having adjacent doors. The mutant polyamory revolution is a real thing :russ:

Interested on the "blind" theme that started and ended the book.

Humans already on that post-human fukkery- Are those children homo-novissima? :damn:

Magneto is so happy being the Messiah of this new era :pachaha:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I liked how X-Men #1 didn't spend time explaining much of anything that was established in HoX and PoX. It just went straight at the story.

Jean and Scott having separate bedrooms, Scott inviting Polaris, Logan sleeping right next to Jean and her room having adjacent doors. The mutant polyamory revolution is a real thing :russ:

Interested on the "blind" theme that started and ended the book.

Humans already on that post-human fukkery- Are those children homo-novissima? :damn:

Magneto is so happy being the Messiah of this new era :pachaha:

I also find interesting that the rooms are separated in to Parent/Brother/Children sections.

But there's an empty room in the brother/child blocks.

Any guesses?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I also find interesting that the rooms are separated in to Parent/Brother/Children sections.

But there's an empty room in the brother/child blocks.

Any guesses?
SINISTER SECRET #7 Two brothers jumped out of a plane, and for the longest time, until he was discovered, many wondered if there was a third. If we told you there were more, would you believe me? Probably not.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DMV: Knightfall was damn good. :ehh:

it was so fukking good. i didnt know we were getting that many pages either; i thought it would be the length of a marvel what-if.

when nano-bats pulled the swerve at the end... :merchant::mindblown::whoa:

i really thought the narrator had found who he was looking for... :mjcry:

Tom King continues to show me how over fukkin rated he is. CoB is :trash:

Having Batman intentionally lose to Bane? GTFO. :camby:

Tim getting that Nightwing treatment. :francis:

Flashpoint Batman fukkin' up Bruce's heirs after being fukked up himself. :what:

I've been re-reading Snyder's N52 Batman. Man, that was a great run. :to:

the only redeeming factor of king's run, imo, is that it illustrates just how classic the snyder/capullo run really was. at this point, i put their run above morrison's (although final crisis/return of bruce wayne >>>>>>> metal). even the weaker parts of their run shyt all over the crap that king is writing.

this week's issue was a joke. the less said about it the better.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
it was so fukking good. i didnt know we were getting that many pages either; i thought it would be the length of a marvel what-if.

when nano-bats pulled the swerve at the end... :merchant::mindblown::whoa:

i really thought the narrator had found who he was looking for... :mjcry:

the only redeeming factor of king's run, imo, is that it illustrates just how classic the snyder/capullo run really was. at this point, i put their run above morrison's (although final crisis/return of bruce wayne >>>>>>> metal). even the weaker parts of their run shyt all over the crap that king is writing.

this week's issue was a joke. the less said about it the better.

That heel turn in Knightfall. :damn: :to:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Well X-Men #1 just got right to it.

So a bunch of super scientists turned themselves into..... apes :dahell:
Marvel humans are legit stupid.

Damn was that Serafina? Never thought I would see a Children of the Vault character again. But if this run is gonna be heavy on the post-human stuff...then makes sense they would show up. Since their pretty recent creations.

Ya can already see the problems that are gonna arise with that Magneto worship.

Jean's room right inbetween Cyclops and Wolv's :pachaha:

room 15 is probably Adam-X. Hell he was suppose to be anyway. Think Gambit was suppose to be too.

room 17 is interesting.... What other kid does Cyclops have :patrice:

And that ending :patrice:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
-Does anyone know the deal with Karima Shapandar? I don’t know the character’s history too well, but I remember she was an X-man during I think it was Mike Carey’s run on one of the X-books. Now I see she’s fukking with Orchis and Nimrod. Did she ever have an on-panel heel turn?

-Who the fukk is “Mother Akkaba”? They had her on a diagram as being one of the last mutants alive in X100. Is that Moira?

They explained what happened to Karima in one of the data dumps. That her sentinel system directives finally overwrote her humanity. But yeah didn't she get her body purged of all the sentinel stuff in a earlier run:manny:

Yea the mother is Moira

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Well X-Men #1 just got right to it.

So a bunch of super scientists turned themselves into..... apes :dahell:
Marvel humans are legit stupid.

Damn was that Serafina? Never thought I would see a Children of the Vault character again. But if this run is gonna be heavy on the post-human stuff...then makes sense they would show up. Since their pretty recent creations.

Ya can already see the problems that are gonna arise with that Magneto worship.

Jean's room right inbetween Cyclops and Wolv's :pachaha:

room 15 is probably Adam-X. Hell he was suppose to be anyway. Think Gambit was suppose to be too.

room 17 is interesting.... What other kid does Cyclops have :patrice:

And that ending :patrice:

theyre probably bringing ruby summers into the fold like the chimeras