Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Dr. Doom #1 was pretty damn good. Kang cameos. Visions of a perfect life. The terrorist attack. Good set up.
You didn't have any problems with Doom's characterization? Exhibit A:
EGdRgIJWsAEcMPZ.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Also, kinda surprised nobody has talked yet about the Superman Smashes The Klan book, lol. It's a visualisation of a 1946 story from the Superman radio serial, and this features old school Superman (leaping over buildings, no flight) as he helps a family of Chinese immigrants who are being targeted by the Klan.

First issue (of three) doesn't feature any actual smashing of Klan members yet but I am fairly sure this book is gonna deliver on that front. :russ:
I liked it especially the simple but really clean art and the throwback storytelling style.

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
That X-Men shyt was weird, good but weird. I still dont get why Logan is there.

No Hope either but I assume she isn't because Baby Cable killed the real one.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Just got back from the Fayetteville comicon. Got my GI Joe #1 signed by Larry Hama. My west coast avenger#1 signed by Al Milgrom. and blue devil #1 signed by Gary Cohn and Paris Cullins. Paris is a weird brother. Good dude. But STRAAAÀÀANGE. Talked to him for about 30 mins.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I really didn't think too much of X-Men #1.
Every issue of HOX & POX felt important and the artwork was incredible.
X-Men #1 lacked that special feeling to me (which I know is hard to maintain, but its a #1). It doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of Yu's art.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I really didn't think too much of X-Men #1.
Every issue of HOX & POX felt important and the artwork was incredible.
X-Men #1 lacked that special feeling to me (which I know is hard to maintain, but its a #1). It doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of Yu's art.

Was that post human thing a new character appearance? Might have to get doubles :patrice: