Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
44049074_10101774296767562_8484936776350171136_n.jpg
43878436_10101774296822452_6905340477390716928_o.jpg
44074961_10101774881540672_5968842392009179136_n.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ahmed introduced a Steve Jobs look-a-like villain in Magnificent Ms Marvel who brainwashes people into becoming corporate brand zombies and calls himself Monopoly. :mjlol:

He also continues further with the plotline of the spoiled white guy's descent into villainy as he continues to blame the brown person for his misfortunes instead of taking responsibility. I'm almost intrigued as to what certain forums have to say about this. :lolbron:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
He also clearly fancies the all white everything cosplay (GE Doom/Magneto) and mr. big head VR helmet (Evil Reed Richards/Xavier) in everything he does. Can't tell him nothin, he in his zone
Yeah I could do without the dumb X helmet and spandex on Xavier.

And Magneto should be in the classic purple and red. It’s only right.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
-Does anyone know the deal with Karima Shapandar? I don’t know the character’s history too well, but I remember she was an X-man during I think it was Mike Carey’s run on one of the X-books. Now I see she’s fukking with Orchis and Nimrod. Did she ever have an on-panel heel turn?

-Did anyone notice when they were planting the flowers of Krakoa to create gateways in various locations in HOX #1 one of them didn’t say a location name and just gave a time of 2 weeks ago? I don’t know if that was ever revealed later.

-It seems the creation of the no-places might may Krakoa upset if he ever found about him. It says they made them to be hidden from him. He’s on the Council. I imagine he or Cypher won’t take that news too well.

-Hickman either fukked up on his X-Men history or has Magneto lying. Magneto told the UN officials in HOX #1 mutants have never started a war or conquered a people. :mindblown: Magneto has done this himself. He conquered the country San Marco and tried to take it for mutants and killed probably millions of people. And he tried to take over NY with force long before “Xorneto” did.

-Who the fukk is “Mother Akkaba”? They had her on a diagram as being one of the last mutants alive in X100. Is that Moira?

-I know Hickman said he’s redefining omega mutants, but where the fukk is the Shadow King??? How is Jean Grey an omega telepath but Amal Farouk isn’t? Jean Grey is powerful but she’s never been depicted as a telepathic equal of Xavier. Meanwhile the Shadow King has always said to be the only telepath that rivals or maybe surpasses Xavier and Xavier is legit scared of him.

-Mikhail Rasputin is another formerly omega level mutant that is MIA so far. I’d like to see Selene too.
Who needs Shadow King when you got Exodus?

X-Men-56-e1570344506637.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
-Does anyone know the deal with Karima Shapandar? I don’t know the character’s history too well, but I remember she was an X-man during I think it was Mike Carey’s run on one of the X-books. Now I see she’s fukking with Orchis and Nimrod. Did she ever have an on-panel heel turn?

-Did anyone notice when they were planting the flowers of Krakoa to create gateways in various locations in HOX #1 one of them didn’t say a location name and just gave a time of 2 weeks ago? I don’t know if that was ever revealed later.

-It seems the creation of the no-places might may Krakoa upset if he ever found about him. It says they made them to be hidden from him. He’s on the Council. I imagine he or Cypher won’t take that news too well.

-Hickman either fukked up on his X-Men history or has Magneto lying. Magneto told the UN officials in HOX #1 mutants have never started a war or conquered a people. :mindblown: Magneto has done this himself. He conquered the country San Marco and tried to take it for mutants and killed probably millions of people. And he tried to take over NY with force long before “Xorneto” did.

-Who the fukk is “Mother Akkaba”? They had her on a diagram as being one of the last mutants alive in X100. Is that Moira?

-I know Hickman said he’s redefining omega mutants, but where the fukk is the Shadow King??? How is Jean Grey an omega telepath but Amal Farouk isn’t? Jean Grey is powerful but she’s never been depicted as a telepathic equal of Xavier. Meanwhile the Shadow King has always said to be the only telepath that rivals or maybe surpasses Xavier and Xavier is legit scared of him.

-Mikhail Rasputin is another formerly omega level mutant that is MIA so far. I’d like to see Selene too.

nate grey and mad jim arent listed as omega either, so im guessing hes only listing currently existing mutants

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Is Shadow King dead? They should have him and Cassandra do a team up of the 2 most demonic X-villains ever.

i think they killed him when they were bringing charles back.

old nova and farouk are 2 mutants that im sure are on the do not revive list. part of that might have to do with their mutant kill counts, or the fact that charles cant manipulate them like he can others

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anyone read joker/Harley criminal sanity? Are they just gonna gloss over the fact that batman had a hand in killing that kids mom?
Batman caused the accident and then just kept on riding when a car with a family inside flew off the bridge into the river.
That is unintentional vehicular manslaughter all day every day.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The last story featuring Karima I remember is her being taken over by some sentient bacteria character and in order to rid her of it the X-Men did something that wiped out the Sentinel parts of her making her human. Then she left the X-Men to become a cop or something.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
wolverine: :salute:

(james howlett logan was literally the last real nikka alive in two different timelines. which got me thinking: what if the sinister rumor about him and the woman who's married with child is actually about him and moira, not him and jean? he actually seems to listen to the wisdom moira has, and she seems awfully dependent on his... reliability in her most important lives. i'm glad someone listens to her, because...)

charles & erik: :what::snoop::pacspit:

(i guess we all know how this falls apart, at least. even though i love the reveals for how in-character they felt, how fukking arrogant do you have to be?? :why: you have the ultimate trump card: a mutant who knows all the different reasons you're going to fail. AND YOU STILL INSIST ON MOVING HER ASIDE AND DOING IT YOUR WAY. i can see why moira murked both their asses in her 9th life. their never-ending insistence on being right is gonna get everyone killed. again. which brings me to...)

apocalypse: :whoo:

(i dont think it's a coincidence that he's in the cut, watching charles and erik pat themselves on the back for moira's vision coming to life. i think she's got a side-hustle running with apoc da gawd to move those two jackasses off the board when the time is right.)

moira: :wow:

(shorty is trying to lead the blind to salvation. she damn-near gave chuck an aneurysm. and they still won't listen. jesus. getting an inside-look at her frustrations trying to teach these two babies how to walk, set aside their own egos, and do things the right way was so fukking dope. and telling. because it looks like the real villains of the book arent the humans they have to take down. but their own "leaders".)

humanity: :demonic:

(the ultimate cockroach. fukk natural progression, and fukk your evolution. we'll build around it. :ahh:)

the librarian's reveal: :merchant::dwillhuh::sadbron:

the librarian: :pachaha::ufdup: (GOT 'EEM!)

"well here's the thing charles. it's not a dream if it's real."

chuck had no idea what kinda knowledge moira was kicking. IT'S NOT A GOOD THING, you dumbass! :sadcam:

PoX 6.... :banderas::mindblown::damn:

we got ourselves a modern classic brehs... :to:
I feel away about Xavier and Magneto being smartdumb nikkas. I guess it’s only right that if you’re rebooting the entire scope and narrative of the franchise, those two being old as they are in a changing world would end up having the times pass them and be resistant to different perspectives from different voices to their own detriment.

Xavier came out and basically said “HUMANKIND AIN’T GOT NO LOVE FOR MUTANTS??

YALL AIN’T GOT NO LOVE FOR CHARLES XAVIER AND MAGNETO???

AND THE X-MEN??

YALL DON’T LOVE US???

WELL LET IT BE KNOWN THEN!...”

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Regarding Xavier, it was pretty much explained that Moira's job was to "break him". You add that to the fact that dude rebooted himself two times already....at least Hickman explained why he's not the Xavier everyone knows. He didn't even bothered doing that on his Avengers run :pachaha: specially with Cap.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
tuhiKuS.jpg

7fn75Gn.jpg

4jgXCjX.jpg

SgGPAFN.jpg

ffm4jRo.jpg

cQ6glQ6.jpg

h1h4hdc.jpg

5OTXrxB.jpg

ZlzzvKu.jpg

djpeh3g.jpg

s8gMQN9.jpg

ZBlmB4j.jpg
Goodness I hate this fukkin character so much now.

:scust:

frank has been a massive piece of shyt for the longest time. but i think writers were starting to realize that people were starting to see frank as some sort of hero to be emulated despite the terrible shyt shyt he does, so they try to make him look like a souless bytch to scare them away from them, but i dont think thats gonna work
Why isn’t anyone discussing Feige taking over the comics now?

I don’t like it. I feel it’s gonna stump writers. Probably wanna connect it more to the MCU. :beli:

I hope I’m wrong.

im hoping he just oversees and takes what he wants without interference. because if he starts to interject in the comics side when marvel is just starting to turn around we may have a problem