Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Now that the Ghost Rider show has been axed could we get rid of this ghost rider shyt in Avengers:stopitslime:

:heh: you remember that era where those books I posted up there came from? The hologram/foil/die cut/ultra variant shyt? Everything selling 1 to 5 million copies?

:francis: that was the Infinity War/Black Panther/Captain Marvel/Endgame comic book movie era.

:mjlol: we in the trash era after that, now. Where all these different movies, shows and companies come out, try for the cash grab and die fast, and stuff gets cancelled before it's even made.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:heh: you remember that era where those books I posted up there came from? The hologram/foil/die cut/ultra variant shyt? Everything selling 1 to 5 million copies?

:francis: that was the Infinity War/Black Panther/Captain Marvel/Endgame comic book movie era.

:mjlol: we in the trash era after that, now. Where all these different movies, shows and companies come out, try for the cash grab and die fast, and stuff gets cancelled before it's even made.

there was still dope shyt in the chromium era.

teacher

All Star
Daps
black panther book is basically wakanda is better off without t'challa, wakanda finds peace without t'challa, wakanda can defend themselves against an invading alien army (that t'challa is blamed for bringing to Wakanda) without t'challa, but wakanda does credit t'challa for failing so much that they learned how to be better off without his ass now :dead:

And now the book sunk to 18k last month. But at least the misleading covers are pretty cool.

shuri already touched upon that from the previous issue peace happened because of t'challa he just happened to be missing....coates is just trying to make it More then a comic book....regardless he saved 5 galaxies from a god you don't think he can save Wakanda ? And this issue showed shuri in a less then glowing light. T'challa willing to help the empire while shuri doesn't want to. Even the elders agreed with t'challa over shuri.

I'm fine with t'challa in his own book not being the and all be all especially considering the writer. It's more real we all need help no matter how great you are.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i havent read the book for a while, but somehow none of this shocks me

The issue before BP was like, damn yall black women run shyt better without me. And they was like nah honey, it's because of your fukkups that we were able to learn how to find peace :russ:

And they said that shyt like it was a compliment :mjlol:

It's a great Storm book tho. It's even selling as well as the last Storm solo series :troll:

At least there's Agents of Wakanda. Weird ass roster and all...

teacher

All Star
Daps
The issue before BP was like, damn yall black women run shyt better without me. And they was like nah honey, it's because of your fukkups that we were able to learn how to find peace :russ:

And they said that shyt like it was a compliment :mjlol:

It's a great Storm book tho. It's even selling as well as the last Storm solo series :troll:

At least there's Agents of Wakanda. Weird ass roster and all...

:mindblown: :wtf: yall comic book niccas weird as hell...

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Another good issue of Powers of X. There's a lot of avenues that Hickman can take as far as villains are concerned. But I'm going to guess that AI/machines will be the main one in his run. That's probably why he's laying down so much groundwork in this Year 1000 timeline(which admittedly is the weakest part of the story so far for me).

So I'm also guessing by some of the information in this latest Powers of X and that cover.... that there's a Mister Sinister in Professor X's body.
This would also explain why he never takes Cerebro off.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Power of X 5..just read it. Great writing of Emma by Hickman..as for the Council? Well...
STL133033_1280x1280.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
marvels been terrible when it comes to spoilers on this series. i think theyve even had the order spoiled as well