Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
That's a really good comparison but Hickman tends to lean toward Science/multiple realities whereas Morrison gets caught up in magic more

Morrison has been leaning hard on metatext for about 15 years too. Seven Soldiers, Final Crisis, The Multiversity, Action Comics...they all were commentary on comic books, fiction, Superman...

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's out when I wake up later. :skip:

It's already been translated

"Something Sinister Awaits" is the translation for PoX 4

Edit: "Something Sinister" for PoX 4

"it Will Be Done" for next HoX

This person's been translating them

Edit: put it all in spoilers, sorry brehs

Last edited:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
They spent all their $$ on Bendis lol

And there's a good chance they'll probably make more money for it in the long run. Books won't be good or appeal to new audiences, but mainstream comics have mostly not been worried about that for 15 years now.

But anyway, House of X #3...

Fine, I guess? Initial stages of a battle comic, and the first time I ever explicitly thought any of this was getting boring (not because I hate superhero fights, but because those fights lack any sort of dramatic or thematic function beyond just moving the story along. Joe Casey and Matt Fraction actually had a interview where they talked about this a while ago; if I can find it I'll post it). If it keeps up like this, I actually will end up dropping it before HoX/PoX are over.

Also, Hickman's Cyclops sucks. His dialogue is hilariously stilted and I just can't see him having the "personality" Hickman's written for him. Then again, it might be better than being 90% cipher like most of the rest of the cast...

Best part was the whole diplomatic immunity bit with Emma and the Cuckoos getting Sabretooth out of prison. If I'm remembering correctly (without going back and re-reading it), that immunity's connected to the drug trading in HoX #1; I'd like to see more of that please. This AI/Sentinel/Nimrod deal does absolutely nothing for me, I'm just not interested at all in death robots (though I am wondering why he's skipping over the Prime Sentinels or the Wild Sentinels in his taxonomy. I can see the latter being a part of the earlier Sentinel types, but I would think that the Prime Sentinels would be slightly different from what he designates as an Omega Sentinel).

I'm fairly sure this won't happen, but it would be really interesting if Hickman actually did kill all the X-Men in that explosion and revealed that they are, indeed, a bunch of pod babies that Xavier regrows when they die. They probably just ejected though.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I haven't watched Raw yet.

Because something more important came up that needs to be acknowledged...

69.jpg

Eli :to:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I wish Hasbro gave Transformers back to Marvel so I could get Hickman on a TF book. @Marc Spector Could you imagine

I think transformers does better with wittier writers. Hickman's stuff always seems too serious and morose. IMo Al Ewing would be perfect for TF :ehh:

As for Hickman I'd kill for him to be on Legion Of Super Heroes. They're dying for a fresh reimagining from a writer who understands BIG, not fukkin Bendis of all people :hhh:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I think transformers does better with wittier writers. Hickman's stuff always seems too serious and morose. IMo Al Ewing would be perfect for TF :ehh:

As for Hickman I'd kill for him to be on Legion Of Super Heroes. They're dying for a fresh reimagining from a writer who understands BIG, not fukkin Bendis of all people :hhh:
I really don't want Hickman at DC. They would totally waste his talent.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
And there's a good chance they'll probably make more money for it in the long run. Books won't be good or appeal to new audiences, but mainstream comics have mostly not been worried about that for 15 years now.

But anyway, House of X #3...

Fine, I guess? Initial stages of a battle comic, and the first time I ever explicitly thought any of this was getting boring (not because I hate superhero fights, but because those fights lack any sort of dramatic or thematic function beyond just moving the story along. Joe Casey and Matt Fraction actually had a interview where they talked about this a while ago; if I can find it I'll post it). If it keeps up like this, I actually will end up dropping it before HoX/PoX are over.

Also, Hickman's Cyclops sucks. His dialogue is hilariously stilted and I just can't see him having the "personality" Hickman's written for him. Then again, it might be better than being 90% cipher like most of the rest of the cast...

Best part was the whole diplomatic immunity bit with Emma and the Cuckoos getting Sabretooth out of prison. If I'm remembering correctly (without going back and re-reading it), that immunity's connected to the drug trading in HoX #1; I'd like to see more of that please. This AI/Sentinel/Nimrod deal does absolutely nothing for me, I'm just not interested at all in death robots (though I am wondering why he's skipping over the Prime Sentinels or the Wild Sentinels in his taxonomy. I can see the latter being a part of the earlier Sentinel types, but I would think that the Prime Sentinels would be slightly different from what he designates as an Omega Sentinel).

I'm fairly sure this won't happen, but it would be really interesting if Hickman actually did kill all the X-Men in that explosion and revealed that they are, indeed, a bunch of pod babies that Xavier regrows when they die. They probably just ejected though.

Agree about Cyclops. But that has to be design right? That must be part of the whole pod bit I'm thinking.

The way he just referred to Kurt as "him" when he deployed him for recon stood out to me.

We shall see