Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
they look nothing like the horseman that he corrupts. i think it means death as working under apoc like his xmen,

I knew you were gonna say this. Let’s not act like they stick to script. Hickman just turned Moira to a mutant. :mjlol:

It’s been years since I read it, but AOA Wolverine didn’t transform when he became Apoc’s heir. :ld:

I’m just throwing out a possible reason why his healing factor is superb. I really couldn’t give a shyt why it’s the way it is. :manny:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, Logan is Apoc’s Death. You know he’s capable of manipulating powers.

nah. logan was war in the character breakdowns. xorn was death. north (the lorna dane/emma frost chimera) was pestilence, and krakoa was famine.

to your point though, same principle. :manny:

but he isnt a horseman here.

they're horsemen. they might be some b-list, best of what's left horsemen, but on page 7 (the page with the character breakdowns for apocalypse, logan and the rest) there's a footer in the lower-left corner that says "LAST HRSMEN".

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I knew you were gonna say this. Let’s not act like they stick to script. Hickman just turned Moira to a mutant. :mjlol:

It’s been years since I read it, but AOA Wolverine didn’t transform when he became Apoc’s heir. :ld:

I’m just throwing out a possible reason why his healing factor is superb. I really couldn’t give a shyt why it’s the way it is. :manny:

he at least had the glowing eyes and horseman costume

nah. logan was war in the character breakdowns. xorn was death. north (the lorna dane/emma frost chimera) was pestilence, and krakoa was famine.

to your point though, same principle. :manny:

they're horsemen. they might be some b-list, best of what's left horsemen, but on page 7 (the page with the character breakdowns for apocalypse, logan and the rest) there's a footer in the lower-left corner that says "LAST HRSMEN".

i get that, but they arent the death seed enhanced versions of the horsemen that we would usually see, which makes me think they are more like the future xmen rather than the usual horsemen

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i get that, but they arent the death seed enhanced versions of the horsemen that we would usually see, which makes me think they are more like the future xmen rather than the usual horsemen

we dont know what kind of horseman they are for sure though. just that they're horseman. i get your point (and kind of agree, which is why i called them the best of what's left horsemen), but cant say with certainty that they havent been enhanced. cause xorn is definitely on some other shyt. :russ:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
giphy.gif

let me get up and go clean the house, cut up some steaks or something. fukk Bendis. fukk this shyt
Lol I read no DC at all but when I heard he was going there I knew he would he would fukk everything up and piss off long time fans. Dude lost his mojo a LONG time ago.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol I read no DC at all but when I heard he was going there I knew he would he would fukk everything up and piss off long time fans. Dude lost his mojo a LONG time ago.
I celebrated when he left Marvel while some Dc fans on here simultaneously threw their own little parade after hearing that he was jumping labels

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just bumped into Joe Hill again at my comic book shop and found out that Locke and Key is back in full force!

Heard new issues were coming out so i figured it might be 6 or 12 mini-series, but he said they’ve got a whole new run that’s ready to go :blessed:

Netflix show on deck

Last edited:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Sublime (Earth-616)
so this is partially responsible for the hatred humans have for mutants lmao
Yeah, Sublime was disguised as the mutant power-boosting drug “kick” that turned Magneto back into a genocidal supremacist.

Which is why I never understood the so unnecessary Xorn confusion and bullshyt that traveled from Chuck Austen’s diarrhea-dipped pen into a god awfully underwhelming Bendis reveal in the pages of New Avengers.

There was no need for the stupid retcon. There was a perfectly good reason for Magneto to go psycho, he was infected and hijacked by an all-powerful ancient sentient bacteria!

All they had to do was come up with a reason to bring him back to life, which has been done before 347866777532296545 times in comics.

Instead they just said “Oh yeah that epic Magneto story you just read? That wasn’t really Magneto.” :hubie: