Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I honestly think is going on with DC and Bendis (and this is just me talking, not anything hinted at anywhere) is.....

A. They threw the bag at him hoping he could lay better goundwork for their movies (remember he was on Avengers when Marvel dropped Iron Man)

B. Connect with the "diverse" teen audience because of his track record of creating successful teen and "ethnic" characters (His Ultimate Spiderman work, Ultimate Nick Fury, Miles Morales, Daisy Johnson/Quake, Secret Warriors in general, RiRi Willams, Yo-Yo Rodriguez (shield tv), Layla Miller)

C. Reboot a space franchise so it could possibly be used for TV/Movie purposes (like G.o.t.G was)

D. I don't think it's a coincidence that Lois Lane got a solo comic right now, even though Bendis isn't writing it (Jessica Jones)

I guess DC really thought Bendis was still some relevant superstar in 2017 going into the 2020s... even tho his Defenders book flopped, his Jessica Jones book flopped, his Miles book was sinking, no one was impressed by his Civil War II event, and Riri/Doom were threading water iirc... whatever good sales he had was more due to him having a flag ship book or character.

The writings been on the wall that this wasn't 2005 no more.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
lmfao at this abridged version
Q0Utp43.jpg

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yo, empire by mark waid is mad good. My cousin bought me the two trades a couple months back and i completely forgot about them till recently

:mjlol:

When i get home im gonna put on my smooth jazz mix, heat up my leftover wings and finish the book

:wow: :whew:

teacher

All Star
Daps
I guess DC really thought Bendis was still some relevant superstar in 2017 going into the 2020s... even tho his Defenders book flopped, his Jessica Jones book flopped, his Miles book was sinking, no one was impressed by his Civil War II event, and Riri/Doom were threading water iirc... whatever good sales he had was more due to him having a flag ship book or character.

The writings been on the wall that this wasn't 2005 no more.
Executive produced arguably the best comic movie ever, now did he make any executive decisions :manny: but he def laid the ground work for...

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
New black horror book coming from Image Comics:

KILLADELPHIA

ECBDs1eXoAAAUXB.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. 08/15/2019 — Image Comics is pleased to announce an all-new, skin-crawling series by writer Rodney Barnes (Wu-tang: An American Saga, Marvel’s Runaways, Starz’s American Gods) and artist Jason Shawn Alexander (Spawn)—Killadelphia—which will launch this November.

“I wanted to tell a story about people who have fallen through the cracks of society. Those who dream the American dream but do so from the back of the line. That is until now,” said Barnes. “Can they who have been shown little mercy themselves be merciful? We shall soon see. I can’t say enough about Jason Shawn Alexander’s art, which beautifully captures the mood and tone of an American city under siege. And I’m excited for all to experience the horrors which lurk in the alleys and low places of a town we call Killadelphia.”

When a small-town beat cop comes home to bury his murdered father—the revered Philadelphia detective James Sangster Sr.—he begins to unravel a mystery that leads him down a path of horrors that will shake his beliefs to their core. The city that was once the symbol of liberty and freedom has fallen prey to corruption, poverty, unemployment, brutality… and vampires. Welcome to KILLADELPHIA.

Alexander added: “Killadelphia has a human element that I don’t often get to see in the horror genre, and rarely get a chance to portray. The story, at times, has me at the edge of my seat and at others, leaves me with a lump in my throat. One gets the feeling you’re reading about real people with real lives in an extraordinarily frightening situation. Luis NCT and my part, at this point, is to bring the art to the level of Rodney Barnes’ emotive words. I think the audience, and myself, have an amazing ride ahead of us.”

Series editor Greg Tumbarello touched on the tone and aesthetic of the comic. “Killadelphia is an enthralling horror story that claws into the most terrifying elements of humanity and a society in chaos, while being balanced against an incredibly personal story of a son searching to break beyond his father’s shadow by solving his murder,” said Tumbarello. “Not only do Rodney Barnes and Jason Shawn Alexander perfectly complement each other, but the entire creative team has seamlessly come together to make some of the most exciting comics you’ll ever read. This is a series you cannot miss.”

Killadelphia #1 Cover A by Jason Shawn Alexander (Diamond Code SEP190042) and Killadelphia #1 Cover B “Black Friday Variant” by Francesco Mattina (Diamond Code SEP190043) will hit stores on Wednesday, November 27. It can be pre-ordered with your local comic shop or purchased across many digital platforms, including the official Image Comics iOS app, Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's getting good reviews from Chris Rock and Jordan Peele:

:ohhh:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
These fukks at DC letting this dude get away with too damn much. :martin:

They can't be that stupid to leave it like that. :patrice:

You think it could have been Clayface? :jbhmm:
Honestly, I figured Alfred could survive from that. But Clayface would definitely make sense and I don’t see Thomas Wayne being ok with Alfred dying.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Honestly, I figured Alfred could survive from that. But Clayface would definitely make sense and I don’t see Thomas Wayne being ok with Alfred dying.
is Clayface back to being a bad guy? I remember they were trying to make him good when Rebirth kicked off.

Also, I’m reading these fukkboy vendors are increasing the price for this comic on eBay. I really hope It’s all bull and the character is okay later on. Stupid fanboys paying more than cover price for this issue. :dead: